You'll fall down and hurt yourself...or you might drive your car into a crowd.

Make your choice.

Falling down and someone assisting you in the process isn't really the same...

Yeah that looks totally unnecessary. I'm sure he didn't mean to break her face, but he acted inappropriately to dealing with an irritating drunk woman.

Don't know how common it is, I wouldn't call that "brutality," not sure what you'd call it, she definitely should win her suit though.

Bad cops are bad in many different ways. Most cops are good. There's a lot of sociological/psychological factors that go into play when you have power over others.

I wouldn't even say this was a bad cop, he was clearly tired of her and acted inappropriately.

I never said he was right to treat her like that. Just offering an alternate view point from the usual lynch mob who're trying to make out cops are brutish thugs who get off on making other people suffer, and only offered her first aid to cover his own back. 

People need to realize that Police are people too, and can make mistakes. 

Are you really that naive to think he "made a mistake" by throwing a 110lb woman through a door smashing her eye socket and cheek bone?

Police officers like other civil servants are just that and swear to protect and serve, not catch and brutalize.

Whether he was having a bad day or not, he's there to do his job, and if he can't do it without assaulting women, he shouldn't be doing it and hand in his badge.

• Like 2

Blaming the victim is the lowest of the low.  :no:

You don't know how many she would have killed if she wasn't put in to that cell.

Unnecessary mistake from the cop's side? Yes.

Sympathies for the "victim"? No. It would have been better if she crashed on a wall and died there before killing some innocent people.

So the victim should assume no responsibility at all? It doesn't work like that. Just because you're a victim doesn't mean you are absolved of all responsibility for your actions. 

Her actions are why she was under arrest, and if she argued too much they can tack on resisting. The officer must still act appropriately. Would it be OK for officers to rape women who get arrested for driving drunk? (just going extreme to  make the point).

Actually lawsuits of this sort are more common that you think and rarely make the news. Police are human and just like we lose it, so do they. They should pay for her face and some punitive damages and everyone moves on. Happens all the time. Lucky for both it wasn't worse, it could have been.

• Like 1

You don't know how many she would have killed if she wasn't put in to that cell. So no sympathies for her from me.

Seriously? How closed  up are people now days? WT.FFFSDFSDFS!  Look, i am all for sending this woman to jay for a few years for DUI, remove her license, fine her a few million dollars, etc, but she did not need to be THROWN! into her jail cell in such matter, even if the police officer was being irritated by her "behavior".

I am sure the officer is not an animal, and at the end of the day, was probably also a very very GOOD  police officer, but he made a bad mistake, and one which should cost him his job.

lets face it, we all make mistakes, but most us try NOT to make the HUGE one like this officer did.   The officer should be removed from duty, and the woman should win her lawsuit, however, she should also be prosecuted still for DUI.

• Like 3

Are you really that naive to think he "made a mistake" by throwing a 110lb woman through a door smashing her eye socket and cheek bone?

Police officers like other civil servants are just that and swear to protect and serve, not catch and brutalize.

Whether he was having a bad day or not, he's there to do his job, and if he can't do it without assaulting women, he shouldn't be doing it and hand in his badge.

There you go. It's like half the guys in here either don't read what I wrote, of see what they want to. Did I say he accidentally pushed her? No I didn't. I said the accident was her falling and getting hurt. I highly doubt he wanted to inflict harm on her. 

You don't know how many she would have killed if she wasn't put in to that cell. So no sympathies for her from me.

we can all say what if's all day but that doesn't remove the facts seen on video.

What if your mum was taken in on a incorrect parking ticket and he smashed your mothers face because he didn't win the horses...what if...

It's amusing to see how many people are trying to defend this guy.

From what I saw, he made a mistake. Lost control. If he stood and watched her fall for a second, I might think differently. But he shoved the woman he was clearly tired of dealing with, inappropriately, and immediately turned and left, and it didn't take long for someone to come to her assistance when they realized they hurt her.

If he is to remain a cop, he could probably use some type of stress counseling and probably and eval to make sure he  has no gender issues.

There you go. It's like half the guys in here either don't read what I wrote, of see what they want to. Did I say he accidentally pushed her? No I didn't. I said the accident was her falling and getting hurt. I highly doubt he wanted to inflict harm on her. 

Again he didn't want to force her into the cell right? he just made an accident by using his full weight to throw a drunk scrawny 110lb woman through a cell door and walk away leaving his colleagues to mop up her blood. He "knew" she was unstable (DUI after all) and as a cop knew exactly what he was doing, he's not 10 years old.

I never said he was right to treat her like that. Just offering an alternate view point from the usual lynch mob who're trying to make out cops are brutish thugs who get off on making other people suffer, and only offered her first aid to cover his own back.

Straw man. Nobody has accused the officer of being insincere in his application of first aid treatment, nor the police of all being brutish thugs who "get off on making other people suffer". However, this case is just one in a long line of incidents of police brutality in the United States in which the officer responsible hasn't faced criminal charges or disciplinary action. There was an incident recently where a police officer drove AT a suspect and ran over him, killing him yet the officer faced no charges. Police in the US operate outside the law.

People need to realize that Police are people too, and can make mistakes. 

And people need to realise that police can commit crimes too, as was the case here.

You don't know how many she would have killed if she wasn't put in to that cell.

She was asleep in her car at the side of the road. How many people do you think she was going to kill?  :huh:

Again he didn't want to force her into the cell right? he just made an accident by using his full weight to throw a drunk scrawny 110lb woman through a cell door and walk away leaving his colleagues to mop up her blood. He "knew" she was unstable (DUI after all) and as a cop knew exactly what he was doing, he's not 10 years old.

Do you want me to repeat myself for a 5th time worded differently? Or are you going to keep reading something entirely different from what I'm writing?

Seriously? How closed  up are people now days? WT.FFFSDFSDFS!  Look, i am all for sending this woman to jay for a few years for DUI, remove her license, fine her a few million dollars, etc, but she did not need to be THROWN! into her jail cell in such matter, even if the police officer was being irritated by her "behavior".

I am sure the officer is not an animal, and at the end of the day, was probably also a very very GOOD  police officer, but he made a bad mistake, and one which should cost him his job.

lets face it, we all make mistakes, but most us try NOT to make the HUGE one like this officer did.   The officer should be removed from duty, and the woman should win her lawsuit, however, she should also be prosecuted still for DUI.

we can all say what if's all day but that doesn't remove the facts seen on video.

What if your mum was taken in on a incorrect parking ticket and he smashed your mothers face because he didn't win the horses...what if...

It's amusing to see how many people are trying to defend this guy.

I don't think I defended "this guy."

However, when you do something that puts EVERYONE you pass in the road at risk, you deserve worse than your face smashed.

Incorrect parking causes inconvenience at most. Drunk driving kills.

However, when you do something that puts EVERYONE you pass in the road at risk, you deserve worse than your face smashed.

You're entitled to think that but you're wrong in the eyes of the law and most would disagree with you.

She was asleep in her car at the side of the road. How many people do you think she was going to kill?  :huh:

My post is based on this:

Reports say she'd driven for a period of time before making that call.

If she just got drunk and slept in her car, I'm sure she wouldn't have been charged for drunk driving.

Do you want me to repeat myself for a 5th time worded differently? Or are you going to keep reading something entirely different from what I'm writing?

You can word it however you like, the video speaks for itself and doesn't lie, if you think that was a mistake by either party then you sir are very delusional.

maybe next time she will be cuffed when he throws her into the cell drunk or not....by mistake.

I don't think I defended "this guy."

Incorrect parking causes inconvenience at most. Drunk driving kills.

Everybody on the road can kill you, drunk or not.

But the fact this situation the woman pulled over to eradicate the risks got her face smashed for it.

She could have gotten less for driving all the way home drunk.

Sends out a good signal, stop drinking and driving and you will need reconstructive surgery if a police officer finds you asleep in your car by the side of the road.

You're entitled to think that but you're wrong in the eyes of the law and most would disagree with you.

Disagree all you want. People like you will only change your tone when you are at the receiving end of DUI.

Partakes in drugs.

Then decides to break the law and drive.

Gets caught.

Gets shoved into a cell and smashes her face in.

a la Trayvon fans..."SHE DIN DO NUFFIN"

It's almost as if people are born these days with no concept of common sense, self respect and doing the right thing.

Lucky for us this model citizen didn't plow into someone else or innocent bystanders while doing nuffin. Far from slagging off the police for perceived rough treatment...in cases such as these it should be par for the course. Dole out a kicking. Go right ahead.

Straw man. Nobody has accused the officer of being insincere in his application of first aid treatment, nor the police of all being brutish thugs who "get off on making other people suffer". However, this case is just one in a long line of incidents of police brutality in the United States in which the officer responsible hasn't faced criminal charges or disciplinary action. There was an incident recently where a police officer drove AT a suspect and ran over him, killing him yet the officer faced no charges. Police in the US operate outside the law.

And people need to realise that police can commit crimes too, as was the case here.

She was asleep in her car at the side of the road. How many people do you think she was going to kill?  

You do know what a strawman is right? I don't feel I'm disregarding key parts of your argument. People are in here trying to put across that he deliberately set out to cause harm to her. Even you when you called it police brutality. Brutality meaning deliberate use of excessive, cruel force. As I pointed out from my interpretation of the video. I think it was accidental. Shoving a detainee isnt brutality. I don't think he intended to cause her those injuries, hence they were accidental and not brutality. I never said he hasn't commited a crime. You're putting words into my mouth. 

In just the other thread you were attacking Boots despite them being right in the eyes of the law. 

Do you even have any idea how dumb your logic is?!

But the fact this situation the woman pulled over to eradicate the risks got her face smashed for it.

Was it a mistake/accident? Yes.

The cop should be prosecuted according to the law? Yes.

Sympathy for the "victim?" Still a big NO.

You can word it however you like, the video speaks for itself and doesn't lie, if you think that was a mistake by either party then you sir are very delusional.

maybe next time she will be cuffed when he throws her into the cell drunk or not....by mistake.

She could have gotten less for driving all the way home drunk.

Sends out a good signal, stop drinking and driving and you will need reconstructive surgery if a police officer finds you asleep in your car by the side of the road.

I'm going to say this as simply as I can now, since either you don't have a good grasp of the English language, or you are just reading what you want to see.

I did not say the shove was accidental. I know that was on purpose. 

The injuries she sustained were accidental I believe, I don't think he would deliberately cause her that kind of injury, especially knowing he was on film. I bet he intended to shove her into the cell and leave, if she'd remained upright like a sober person probably would have, nothing would have become of this. When he saw what had happened, he got her medical attention. 

The video does not "speak for itself". The cop doesnt walk in with a sign pointed at the camera that said "I want to cause this woman horrible injuries".

He shoved her, she fell. We're discussing whether or not it was intentional that she got hurt. This is something that is open to interpretation. Something the video can't show plain as black and white. 

• Like 1

Are you kidding me, that looks like an accident to you? I think you need to watch the video again.

Go back and read my comments before saying something that has been said half a dozen times and what I've explained half a dozen times.

Do you even have any idea how dumb your logic is?!

Was it a mistake/accident? Yes.

The cop should be prosecuted according to the law? Yes.

Sympathy for the "victim?" Still a big NO.

lol, Can you tell me what mistake or accident happened in that cell?

Well we can only hope Americans stop getting DUI's if they want to keep their good looks, seems brutality and obsessive force is the right thing to do in America.

Bet if she got treated like that in another country it wouldn't be the right thing to do all of a sudden.