My post wasn't voted Best Answer when it was!

In a few topics I've started there's sometimes been more than one response posted that's resolved my initial question/s.

Is it possible to mark more than one post as "solved", or just one only?

I'd like to make things fair for all posters who have provided me with excellent support. Not sure if there's a solution to this. I guess a rule (to the OP) could be that as soon as a post is submitted that answers all questions, mark it as "solved" (first come, first more Tech Issues Solved points!).

In a few topics I've started there's sometimes been more than one response posted that's resolved my initial question/s.

Is it possible to mark more than one post as "solved", or just one only?

I'd like to make things fair for all posters who have provided me with excellent support. Not sure if there's a solution to this. I guess a rule (to the OP) could be that as soon as a post is submitted that answers all questions, mark it as "solved" (first come, first more Tech Issues Solved points!).

Do an Aheer.R.S. and like all the posts you find helpful. :p

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I would like to mention this needs a little more clarification/discussion within the staff, as I reported an answer that I felt solved an OP's question, but instead I got a response from a member of staff telling me it's not their job/duty to do so.

I would like to mention this needs a little more clarification/discussion within the staff, as I reported an answer that I felt solved an OP's question, but instead I got a response from a member of staff telling me it's not their job/duty to do so.

Sounds like that member of staff isn't doing their job properly: :o

Do not PM a moderator to have your post marked as solved, use the report button so that staff have a log of the action taken.

• Like 1

I can't find the particular example, but generally we do not mark threads as solved if enough time hasn't passed. I know that in the original post of this thread it says to wait at least 24 hours, but it is a staff member's decision as to whether enough time has passed.

For myself, I wouldn't take any action on something that has been created/updated in the past week, as I can appreciate that not everyone is online 24/7. There is also the possibility that someone else may come along in that time and write something that is more informative than the posts that were already present when first checking the thread's responses.

It's a grey area when you ask the moderators to make a decision on whether a post has answered the OP or not. If the original poster doesn't mark the answer that best suited them then there is no guarantee that what we end up selecting as "best answer" actually resolved the issue. Because of that, I prefer to give as much time as is reasonable to allow the OP to mark their own question as solved before making a decision for them. But then we enter in to a discussion of what one considers to be "reasonable," and that is subjective. ;)

• Like 2

Nick is right. The OP should be the person who decides that his question is answered or not. Staff can't really determine if the needs of the OP have been met. If there is a dispute members can PM a staffer, but it is difficult to decide if an answer best helps the OP with their particular problem.

• Steven P. unpinned this topic