'Family Guy' Killed Off a Major Character

they killed off a huge part of the show to put in a new dog? 

i'm hopeing, if it doesn't work, stewie either clones brian or turns the new dog into Brian. 

but i doubt they will.

maybe there is something to it that no one actually knows, the Cleveland show was axed, maybe Family Guy was facing the same chop due to slumping ratings and the same theme to every episode, maybe it was facing the chop and they took a drastic measure to keep the show running another season?

You know, I know Brian was a favorite of fans, but I was thinking about it and he's probably had as many episodes as all the rest of the characters, if not more. In a way, a dog doesn't live forever, and the new dog seems like he can bring an interesting and fresh new story where the Brian storyline was a bit worn out. We'll just have to see though. I don't really follow Family Guy that much anymore. It's just something to watch when I'm bored or laying in bed as I fall asleep.

From Yahoo! ...

"This was an idea that got pitched in the writers' room, and it sort of caught fire, and we thought it could be a fun way to shake things up," showrunner Steve Callaghan told E! Online. "As soon as this idea came up, we started talking about what the next couple episodes could be, and we got very excited about the way this change will affect the family dynamics and the characters."

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/brian-griffin--arguably-the-smartest-member-of-the--family-guy--family--dies-at-8-174520886.html

?Family Guy? Kills Brian the Dog

By Lesley Messer
 153950308_16x9_608.jpg

(Photo credit: FOX/Getty Images)

Sunday was a sad night for fans of ?Family Guy,? with the death of one of the cartoon?s main characters.

Brian, the Griffin family?s sardonic dog, died after he was hit by a car.

?Damnit Brian, you can?t die,? Stewie tearfully told his canine friend, as he lay dying. ?We were going to do so many things together. We were going to become windsurfers. I was going to be a little better than you but we were both going to be good!?

As the family stood around him, crying, Brian opened his eyes long enough to utter his last words.

?You?ve given me a wonderful life. I love you all.?

In a touching final scene, the family hugged after the dog shut his eyes for the last time.

Sorry.  Didn't realize someone had posted under "Recreational Activities." Please merge threads.

Might be a bit of a Spoiler, but the guy who's playing the new dog, he's only got 1 episode listed on IMDB for family guy, dont they usually have future episodes listed that they may be in?? 

I am surprised that they have killed off brian however i think it's going to be a few episode and then everything goes back to normal with Stewie inventing another time machine. Seth got a massive kick out of brian as it was his medium to sing through. 

The problem with the Simpsons and Family guy is the stupid reset switch which gets pushed at the end of every episode. 

I personally think that both series would benefit from their characters getting older, for example in the simpsons, more story from bart and lisa in college. In family guy more story from chris perhaps moving onto college and stewie going to high school. It gets stale because there is only so far you can push the characters. 

You look at other excellent series such as the soprano's and the wire etc.. did the characters hit an imaginary switch and reset themselves? nope they carried on living people die, people got married some people left but it was a lot more believable. 

The problem with the reset also is that people get sceptical, like the plot above, i just know that a reset switch is going to be pulled and we get back brian or a version of brian that is exactly the same. So the above I'm just think meh, they have extended the reset switch over the course of a couple more episodes. 

Stewie and Brian got killed in Vegas...this was just a shock and awe thing. He was already looking for parts to build a new time machine, which leads me to believe in the next few episodes (or even next season he'll be back).

I've only seen up to Season 10 and yes it may not be as good as it once was but there was no reason to do this. I won't say I'll never watch it again but I will just be watching Seasons 1-10 mostly.

"Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry Martini around here?"

R.I.P. Brian... until they find a way to bring you back.  :shiftyninja:

http://youtu.be/-n2DdMxf6oA

maybe A multi verse stewie travels back in time to help stewie build a new time machine and they clone brian from the dog/human universe to be a real dog ?

I think this type of show should end on a high, the Simposons is basically pulling off parts and dragging instelf along the road in a bitter attempt to screen another episode, now it feels Family Guy is doing the same.

There are no stories left.

Its been years since I watched family guy, I just saw this episode with Brian being killed off and I have to say I was really disappointed with the decision. 

As others have said I too wouldn't be surprise if they bring Brian back because as I don't find myself hating the new dog I find myself rather not having a Brian at all if I can't have Brian, yet then again I probably will continue to not watch family guy even if they bring Brian back.