'Family Guy' Killed Off a Major Character

If Brian really has been killed off and replaced permanently then I think that's a brave move but one that could pay off. Shows shouldn't be afraid to change things up and even though Brian was a great character I think Family Guy was at the point where something needed to change.

If Brian really has been killed off and replaced permanently then I think that's a brave move but one that could pay off. Shows shouldn't be afraid to change things up and even though Brian was a great character I think Family Guy was at the point where something needed to change.

So they pulled a Simpsons.

Killing off Brian? not so sure how to feel about that. Replacing him with a dated pop culture cliche (Vinny the wise guy with an Italian accent) might however turn out to be a mistake.

maybe A multi verse stewie travels back in time to help stewie build a new time machine and they clone brian from the dog/human universe to be a real dog ?

Brian was already a 'replaced' version from another dimension.

Hoax site pops up after ?Family Guy? character?s death

?The producers have confirmed that the ?special announcement from Brian? website is a hoax and was not created by anyone connected to the show, studio or network,? Family Guy studio 20th Century Fox TV said this morning, in response to questions about the site.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/special-announcement-from-brian-follows-family-guy-pooch-passing/

with the upcoming episode title "He's Bla-ack!" then after that a bunch of brian titled episodes, why do I have a feeling stewie finds a way to get him back, but as a black dog instead of white? because after that episode which sounds a lot like "he's back" and black combined... brian's strangely back in the show....

Family guy was an attempt to duplicate (re-ignite in a way) the ratings The Simpson's brought in when it first aired, IMHO...

You can only respect it until you realized that the way writers come up with shows these days involves mathematical equations....  "Lets see homer+bart=good ratings...  What character can I replace with Homer to achieve the same ratings?"

Family guy is Fox's mathematical result of The Simpsons-(Homer+Bart)

If you don't think my theory of how they make tv shows/movies is correct, look at works like "Snakes on a plane"...  "Modern Family", Friends, and Gilligan's Island....

They're all the result of production companies crunching the numbers to see what kind of combinations of characters can bring in the money. 

neufuse, on 27 Nov 2013 - 13:42, said:

with the upcoming episode title "He's Bla-ack!" then after that a bunch of brian titled episodes, why do I have a feeling stewie finds a way to get him back, but as a black dog instead of white? because after that episode which sounds a lot like "he's back" and black combined... brian's strangely back in the show....

From reading Wikipedia, "He's Bla-ack!" centres around the return of Cleveland and his new family to Spooner Street

Never as I was watching the episode did I get the impression that this might be permanent.  When the credits rolled, I figured it's a two-parter then.

Really, Family Guy being what it is, I see no reason why they wouldn't bring him back, whether that was the plan all along or not.

Really, Family Guy being what it is, I see no reason why they wouldn't bring him back, whether that was the plan all along or not.

Indeed same here, especially given an upcoming episode is called "Brian's a Bad Father".

I think its all for ratings and to get people talking about Family Guy, which is what its done!

Indeed same here, especially given an upcoming episode is called "Brian's a Bad Father".

I think its all for ratings and to get people talking about Family Guy, which is what its done!

It was pretty amusing to watch all the knee-jerk reactions as well :P