Cloud Storage for Photos - What do you use?

Draconian Guppy

You can use media server and you save your photos/videos on it and share them across the network with the rest of computers/devices...

Yeah thats what I kinda do for the moment, save on to PC and external hard drive. For some reason that does not give me peace of mind though.

Shadrack

Yeah I agree, Flickr is more of a host and keep then access and download type thing and isn't really in the same place as Dropbox.

One thing I can suggest for the linking issue is this; http://flickr.argote.mx/. One of the users here wrote it and is quite handy for getting links.

If it is only 25GB then I would recommend Mega, they don't have a desktop sync app but there is a smartphone app that you can use to browse the content and its free for 50GB storage.

Thanks.  I think I'll give Mega a try.

• Like 1
Liana

I don't have any real need to keep photos in the cloud, but for the few files I do keep online, I use SpiderOak, since it's free and at least tries to be secure.

I don't need anyone analyzing my files for "unacceptable" content, thank you.

nekkidtruth

I don't have any real need to keep photos in the cloud, but for the few files I do keep online, I use SpiderOak, since it's free and at least tries to be secure.

I don't need anyone analyzing my files for "unacceptable" content, thank you.

I used to agree with this.  However, after having my phone stolen last year with photos of my dog in the last few weeks he was alive...let's just say I had to re-evaluate that line of thinking. ;)

This allows me to not have to worry about losing photos ever again.

Shadrack

Apparently I received the bulk of my storage space from a Samsung promotion. All I did was link my account onto my Samsung Galaxy tablet. It was only one tablet, which is weird that it's showing 2 instances. :/

TyNT9WS.png

Edit: The sad part is I only have 272 MB used and will probably never use the rest. :)

At least there is a reasonable explanation.  I was scratching my head when reading your initial posts.  I only have 13.5GB of free storage.  Wish they would drop their prices.  IMO, 100GB/year of cloud storage should only run about $40.

Damo R.

Apparently I received the bulk of my storage space from a Samsung promotion. All I did was link my account onto my Samsung Galaxy tablet. It was only one tablet, which is weird that it's showing 2 instances. :/

TyNT9WS.png

Edit: The sad part is I only have 272 MB used and will probably never use the rest. :)

Well that's insane :rofl: I got 25gb on Skydrive but that's it

TAZMINATOR

Well that's insane :rofl: I got 25gb on Skydrive but that's it

Yup insane, indeed.

AJerman

I don't use any service because my local files are already accessible from anywhere via VPN and I have plenty of local storage. No interest at all in using any third party service.

123456789A

I use Skydrive. It gives me 45gb of storage with Office 365 + the 25 gb they used to give.

tbarnett

I use Bit Torrent Sync and keep a copy on a relative's computer out of state.

• Like 1
teknix360

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! They were really helpful.  (Y)

I decided to go with purchasing an additional 50GB from Skydrive for $25. That seemed to be the cheapest option for the features I wanted. Upload/syncing speeds are not as good as I would like, but it gets the job done. Being able to access files from other PCs on the same network is pretty cool, too. 

I made a comparison chart of the services I was considering to help me decide, and I thought maybe it will be useful to someone else. So here it is: Cloud Storage Comparison for Photos.  :geek:  

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
Hlna

Hi,

I am using Rinocloud, it is quite scientific cloud, but really handy if you are looking for saving pictures for free. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By News Staff
      Save 97% off the 2021 Complete Microsoft Azure Certification Prep Bundle
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 97% off the 2021 Complete Microsoft Azure Certification Prep Bundle. 42 hours of prep content to fast track your Microsoft Azure Professional career from top-rated instructors Scott Duffy and Anand Nednur.

This deal consists of the following courses:

AZ-104 Azure Administrator Exam Certification 2021
      Prove Your AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Skills to the World AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator Full Course
      Learn How to Prepare for the Azure 104 Certifications the Right Way AZ-204 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure Exam Prep
      The Most Complete Course Available on the Updated Microsoft Azure AZ-204 Developer Exam with Timed Practice Test AZ-301 Azure Architect Design Exam Prep
      Study to Get Certified In Securing & Integrating Microsoft Azure Infrastructure AZ-303 Azure Architecture Technologies Certification Exam
      Know How to Design Solutions for the Microsoft Azure Platform New for 9.2! Part 1 Foundation Certification Training
      Learn About the New TOGAF 9.2 Standard & Prepare for the Certification Level 1 Foundation Good to know
      Experience level required: beginner Updates included Length of time users can access courses: Lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For full details, terms, and instructor info for the above courses, click here.

Here's the deal:
      This 2021 Complete Microsoft Azure Certification Prep Bundle normally costs $1,194, but you can pick this up for just $34.99 for a limited time, that's a saving of $1,159,01 (97%) off!

>> Get this deal, or learn more about it <<
      See all discounted Online Courses on offer. This is a time-limited deal.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $0.99 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off +3 months for free! Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By News Staff
      Degoo Premium: Lifetime 15TB Mega Backup Plan now 96% off
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Apps + Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where for only a limited time, you can save 96% off a Degoo Premium: Lifetime 10TB Backup Plan. Stay secure with backup from Degoo and never worry about losing your files. Ever.

Everyday computer users are juggling huge amounts of data, so it makes sense that you're taking care of that data responsibly. Degoo is AI-based cloud storage that helps you rediscover your best photos. With Degoo you get 15TB of supremely secured backup space from which to manage and share files with awesome simplicity. With high-speed transfers from a database that offers more backup space than Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive combined, you'll love how easy it is to keep tabs on all of your valuable data. Store, re-experience and share your best moments with premium cloud storage for your mobile phone, tablet, and web browser.

Send files easily to friends via email or link Backup up to 15TB of data under ultra-secure 256-bit AES encryption Replicate your backup as you perform it, giving you extra peace of mind Perform backups to all of your devices Get more backup space than Dropbox, OneDrive, & Google Drive combined Keep your backup automatically up to date thanks to automatic file change detection Good to know
      Length of access: lifetime Instant digital redemption Redemption: must redeem within 30 days of purchase For specifications, and license info please click here.

Here's the deal:
      The Degoo Premium: Lifetime 15TB Backup Plan normally costs $4,320, but it can be yours for just $149.99 for a limited time, a saving of $4,170.01 (96% off).

There are also even larger 25, 35 and 50TB plans to choose from at the link below.

See all discounted Apps + Software on offer. This is a time-limited deal.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other deals on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Check out the Neowin Store for our preferred partners.

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $0.99 per month NordVPN - 2-year plan 68% off +3 months for free (total of 27 months) Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By News Staff
      Get the Complete Microsoft Azure eBook & Video Course Bundle for just $29.99
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 95% off this Complete Microsoft Azure eBook & Video Course Bundle. Lead your business towards success with 15+ hours of video content and six eBooks on Azure cloud solutions, integration, networks, and more.

This bundle consists of the following courses:

Implementing Azure Solutions [eBook]
      Deploy & Manage Azure Containers and Build Azure Solutions with Ease Serverless Integration Design Patterns with Azure [eBook]
      Build Powerful Cloud Solutions That Sustain Next-Generation Products Azure Networking Cookbook [eBook]
      Distribute Network Traffic, Optimize Application Delivery & Defend Network-Level Threats Azure PowerShell Quick Start Guide [eBook]
      Leverage PowerShell to Perform Many Day-to-Day Tasks in Microsoft Azure Migrating Applications to the Cloud with Azure [eBook]
      Modernize Your Apps with Microsoft Azure by Moving Web, Desktop, & Mobile Apps to the Cloud Mastering Identity & Access Management with Microsoft Azure [eBook]
      Empower Users by Managing & Protecting Identities and Data DevOps with Azure [Video]
      Plan, Manage & Monitor Your Applications with Azure Modernize Node.js Web Apps with Azure App Service [Video]
      Refactor Nodes.js Web Apps & Deploy, Scale, and Monitor Them on Azure App Store Azure Platform as a Service, Web & API Application Deployment [Video]
      Build, Manage & Deploy Your Own PaaS Cloud with Help of Azure Services Azure Cognitive Services for Developers [Video]
      Make Your Applications Smarter, The Easy Way with Azure Cognitive Services Good to know
      Updates included Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For terms, certification and instructor info, click here.

Here's the deal:
      This Complete Microsoft Azure eBook & Video Course Bundle normally costs $703 but it can be yours for only $29.99, that's a saving of $673.01 (95%) off!

See all Online Courses on offer. This is a time limited deal.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 68% off for a 2 year plan Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 77% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

• By News Staff
      A Brief Guide to a Secure Multicloud Environment - Free Guide
      by Steven Parker

Claim this complimentary guide for free today, before the offer expires.

What's it about?
      As more organizations are shifting infrastructure and services to the cloud, more are adopting a multicloud strategy.

But for all the benefits of a multicloud strategy, there are some challenges that come with it as well. Specifically it can be difficult to secure a multicloud strategy because of a lack of visibility across hosts and services. That makes it easier for hackers to find exploitable vulnerabilities within an organization’s infrastructure and it also makes it more difficult to meet compliance mandates.

Download this free guide to learn:

What multicloud is, isn’t and the benefits of embracing one The six challenges of securing multicloud environments How to secure your multi-cloud environment with the right security solution How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> A Brief Guide to a Secure Multicloud Environment - Free Guide <<
      Offered by Splunk, view other free resources | Limited time offer

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Check out the Neowin Store for our preferred partners.

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 68% off for a 2 year plan Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.

• By News Staff
      The Unexpected Challenges of Cloud Transformation - Free White Paper
      by Steven Parker

Claim this complimentary White Paper for free today, before the offer expires.

Download the free White Paper today!What's it about?
      Cloud transformation is business transformation, and getting it right is more important than ever. However, organizations of all sizes and industries face unique challenges when undertaking cloud transformation projects, as well as when managing and securing their more complex multicloud and hybrid architectures.

Download The Unexpected Challenges of Cloud Transformation from Nucleus Research and Splunk and discover how your organization can scale in the cloud and overcome obstacles to:

Manage potential added costs and complexity that accompany a hybrid environment Manage more accelerated development timelines Ensure consistent customer experience and business performance with increased observability How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> The Unexpected Challenges of Cloud Transformation - Free White Paper <<
      Offered by Splunk, view other free resources | Limited time offer

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Check out the Neowin Store for our preferred partners.

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 68% off for a 2 year plan Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.