The Neowin Digital Photo Gallery

Took this a few mins ago, aint feeling too happy, rather depressed. Thought id share though :)

umm no. forum max image size is 10x7. i have resized. please do not do that again.

post-55-1071978117.jpg

Edited by Toxikk

excellent photography SirEvan... i love the outdoor nature the most, especially the one with the awesome depth of field the the squirrel and the grass. top notch portrature :D

Any particular pictures you are talking about? It really depends on the shot. I swear, I don't do anything special. lol

Macro shots. What manuel settings do you use and stuff. any picture enhancing program you use? I have the same camera as you and my macro shots don't turn out that good... :(

I think the best way to get the hang of macro shots is to, weather permitting, step outside and practice taking pictures of bugs, flowers, plants, grass etc. Natural light can work wonders on colors and the overall mood of your shot. Office items don't particularly make interesting shots. :p

Here's a shot in my backyard of some dollarweeds I need to get rid of. :D

post-55-1071461979.jpg

Macro shots. What manuel settings do you use and stuff. any picture enhancing program you use? I have the same camera as you and my macro shots don't turn out that good... :(

Hi Kryptonik. All my shots are posted as is without any enhancement.

For outdoors (daytime) macro shots, do not use the flash and avoid using the zoom.

For settings, set the ISO speed to 50 or just leave on auto. Adjust the white balance depending on the weather (daylight, overcast etc). Again i tend to leave this on auto. All my shots are taken with superfine detail and at a max resolution of 2272x1704. You can try the vivid filter which will make the colors brighter and more rich. This is a matter of personal taste I think. It can make some shots appear over-saturated so it is best to experiment.

I think good photography all comes down to composition. You need to learn what makes for a good shot. You can photograph the same flower over and over again, but it is the lighting, how you position the camera and from what angle you shoot that determines the overall result. I make extensive use of the preview screen to size up my shots before I take them.

I hope I have been of some help.

excellent photography SirEvan... i love the outdoor nature the most, especially the one with the awesome depth of field the the squirrel and the grass. top notch portrature :D

thanks for the compliments :) and to the guy who posted the picture of the moon... could you please resize that? now the damn thread is super wide