GANT MSN Skin

Here's my latest skin... GANT MSN Skin based on the G.A.N.T Iconset by Mattahan and Reluna VS by Bant. The idea of this started because I wanted an msn skin to fit my desktop theme... Anyway, hope yal like it :happy:

Download GANT MSN

New Download Link - mess.be mirror

Click for larger screenshot:

gantmsnp.gif

Edited by Rolando

As well as Rolando releasing his newest skin...theres more..read on:

New skin released, as well as the last...

Everything sadly must come to an end. He revolutionised MSN Messenger skinning, in my views and has definitely gone a long way from one skin to a great multi-tude of skins. His work extends from the great Mess.Be to Neowin.net with great praise from all. I am personally a large fan of his and I wish I could do what he can. His MSN Messenger skin based on the linux mascot is one of my favourites. Even when I thought there was no way he could improve his skins, he miracously and unbeleiveably did it! As time passed we became what I would call good friends. I trusted him and he trusted me. He even let me test his skins,an oppurtunity so many dream of having. His work is admired by so many others, skinners and "messers" alike. I would even go as far as saying that everyone of you "messers" would be honoured if he did a skin you requested or a skin based on your software.

Recently he moved along to help and be active in the Messenger Plus! forums. There he was a hit as well. People there loved his skins. Thanks to him -- we now have a new generation of skinners. With every new release of MSN Messenger -- he was there, updating his skins for those hungry-skin-using users out there. I guess it's safe to say that although he updated the skins, when he did so, he wasn't exactly the happiest of us all. I mean seriously, if you were annoyed at something, a new program that you have to update your skin for, would you carry on and update it? I know I wouldn't. Where I would have given up, he never ceased. Where I would have stopped with one, he made many. Where I would have failed, he prevailed.

It's been an honour being his friend, colleague in a way and skin tester. It has been an honour to also report such news as this to the Messenger community about his skins. His work is greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure by others too. This person is none other than the great skin god, Rolando. I believe he wished to go out with a bang. As with his decision to end MSN Messenger skin production, he is also releasing one last skin. His decision is final, no matter how hard I try to persuade him to stay, he has good reason to left the MSN Messenger skinning scene and I highly doubt he will be forgotten anytime soon.

Regardless, I fully support his decision -- even though I'm still trying to get him to stay. I do believe, this is a rather sad day for the MSN Messenger community that has grown a substantial amount over time. If you have any problem with this post then please inform me somehow, but bear in mind, what I say here is what I truly mean. This post is quite personal and I hope it will not be removed anytime soon, I do hope it will pass over time but will not be modified no removed.

In honour of the once great MSN Messenger skin god, Rolando.

I end by saying,

That I believe that this is a rather sad day for the MSN Messenger community.

Great work Rolando, I do wish you could have stayed. You are an asset to the MSN Messenger community beyond imagination -- in my honest and true opinion. Your work surpasses that of any I've seen before (no offence to anyone intended) and you are a great friend, colleague and role model to me.

- EvilSeph

Closing Message by Rolando:

Well it's been a great 8 months... After 148 thousand visitors, 53 thousand downloads, over 900 emails replied to, and a countless number of hours spent on this project, I decided to close Roland Underground, which gave you 6 MSN Messenger skins. There is no reason other than I don't have any time. It has been a great time and please don't expect anything else... For all of you who want to have my skins they can still be found in every new version of MSN Messenger - Windows X

Rolando

Read more @ Roland Underground

Edited by EvilSeph

A huge thanx for EvilSeph and everybody here in the community... Seph you were a gr8 friend indeed and still is... and I can't thank you enough for the posts u made already =)

I simply loved this skin you made buddy, do you know of any desktop theme that matches this skin, if u do kindly give me the link.

although i never used any of you skins as they jsut never matched my setup i was always very interested in what was you had been bringing out and i thought the skins were very well done. it is definately a sad day for msn skinning now that ur out of the biz as you were the best i could find out there. i didnt even use ur skins but appreciate the time u took in brining them to everyone. great job man and goodluck with whatever u choose to do in the future!

fizical

great skin pal. this rocks. cept i was hoping the face shown on the status there are smileys of gant. cos i dont really like that face. hah. but thats my opinion. hah. great job.

heard you are not skinning anymore. does this mean that you will not be updating your skins?

if its this way i hope that msn wont update their msn messenger which is impossible.

Unfortunately I won't be updating my skins for further versions of msn messenger :(

But you can always find my skins included in MSN Messenger - Windows x

Vey nice sad to see you go too ur MSN skin were Very good almost made mego back to MSN messenger (Honest) oh well your going now and jabber is getting bigger. cheers for your great rest of a liife (Y)

Great skin.

I just have one problem.

change your name, cuz when you install it, your name is gone, atleast thats wht helped for me :)