Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - PlayStation 4 = ~60fps, Xbox One = ~30fps

I honesty can't believe they released this game again and for $60. I would never pay $60 for this game after already beating it on my PC. 

It's because it was pretty much completely redone. New engine, new textures, new models. It wasn't a simple port or "hd version".

I don't believe he said anywhere that that's the only reason :rolleyes:

You clearly don't work for a company that develops a product and has excellent direct competition for that product or you wouldn't be pulling that nonsense out of what he said.

I do work with a company that develops products and has direct competition. Not sure what that has to do with anything but okay..

Most PC gamers turn off tress fx because it looks horrible and has weird behavior bugs though :) there plenty of screenshots andyoutube videos of her tress fx hair being a mess and just not looking as good as the normal hair.

Most? Speak for yourself. I keep it on.

GAF's favourite Albert Pennello is getting a bit of a hammering for his statements on TR

This just reads like a "have you guys seen titanfall?"

This is a bit more down to earth PR, but both consoles "just shipped".

The movie analogy... what?

Anyway if you want a laugh, follow this topic - http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757412 

He is right about Ryse though. There is no game looking better than Ryse on any platform (and I am guessing he meant console platforms).

Rest of his quote is understandable but he could have avoided the direct comparison.

Isn't movie analogy by someone else on the podcast?

GAF being stupid GAF as always (mostly pro-sony people calling him names there).

Most? Speak for yourself. I keep it on.

Problm is of course that the hair lives it's own life and ignores everything else, clips weapons and objects around here, it's physics are only calculated with her head and maybe body in mind. and its physics is terrible, and her hair appears to exist in zero g.

Got the game today, have to be honest I only noticed the frame drop once...guess its not as bad as I thought it would be.

On what platform?

Xbox One.

It's out already? Damn the guys at GAME told me 31st.

Edit: Just looked on Amazon, I guess the US has a different release date.

post-350302-0-89598500-1390685263.jpg

It's out already? Damn the guys at GAME told me 31st.

Edit: Just looked on Amazon, I guess the US has a different release date.

attachicon.gif2.JPG

lol ?40... wait wut, ?45?

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

lol ?40... wait wut, ?45?

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Hmm didn't look at Amazon prices. They were both ?45 in my local GAME and on their website. I don't mind paying ?40 for it because I never played it last gen. So it'll all be new to me.

post-350302-0-18743100-1390686316.jpg

Hmm didn't look at Amazon prices. They were both ?45 in my local GAME and on their website. I don't mind paying ?40 for it because I never played it last gen. So it'll all be new to me.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I bought the Tomb Raider Collectors edition with the Lara figure for around ?35. Paying ?40+ for a game is a crime in the UK!

I bought the Tomb Raider Collectors edition with the Lara figure for around ?35. Paying ?40+ for a game is a crime in the UK!

I'm used to paying between ?40-60 for new console games.

Picked this up at Gamestop today, played for 4 hours straight  :o  (pretty unusual for me), looks amazing btw.

Off topic: I was about to trade in my copy of AC4 today and as I was looking at the booklets that come with every game, I realized they printed a code on the inside of the sleeve that was for the "60 minutes of bonus gameplay".  #!&@)#&$ Ubisoft. Why would you print a code behind everything else? I was kind enough to tell the guy in front of me at Gamestop who was picking up AC4 to look there for a code. I felt pretty dumb (got the game originally back Nov 15th). Ubisoft has yet to fix the server issues, so a portion of the "single player" part of AC4 was unplayable to me (finding the white whale, being able to fully upgrade the ship, etc). According to the forums, it's related to having more than 99 PSN friends. Looks like my next Ubisoft game will be used.

Looks like we have all been lied to, the Xbox One version is capped at 30fps while the PS4 one is not http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-performance-analysis

Oh dear.

The "frame rate wars" are damaging as is, but covering it up just makes it worse. Why lie about it when it's in the limelight before release and this would be one of the first things people check?