Xbox One Update: March 2014

Will be installing later to give it a spin but I'm in the same situation with JonnyLH, don't think anyone else on my FL has the preview to test parties with :/

Add me. I can test with you.

The update still hasn't been given to me, i hope i get it soon.

I just got the update

Did you have to do anything to get it, or was it just a case of turning the console off and on as i have tried several times now and no success?

Did you have to do anything to get it, or was it just a case of turning the console off and on as i have tried several times now and no success?

It is being rolled out to the number of the testers.. not sure how many testers they have to roll the update to. Give it a time...

If you are not getting any update by April, then it means you are not one of the testers.

There's no way to trigger the update, don't waste your time with turning it off and on, if anything you're just stressing the hardware with constant power cycles. Placebo effect for those who believe it works.

It must have downloaded overnight because I just turned on my xbox and it updated. Your console might be downloading it in the background.

It must have downloaded overnight because I just turned on my xbox and it updated. Your console might be downloading it in the background.

What's the version number btw?

Thanks. It's not that old of a build though they're still on v6.2.  Guess we'll have to wait for a April or May update for them to move to 6.3.

I just have to be patient then as i know i am 1 of the testers.

I have the update now and after some testing i still have a judder on my UK TV unless i turn off 'Film Auto 1' in the motionflow settings of my Sony TV, so i really don't know if it has fixed anything for me as i don't have any blurays to test, however other people have said this update solves their judder problem.

I have the update now and after some testing i still have a judder on my UK TV unless i turn off 'Film Auto 1' in the motionflow settings of my Sony TV, so i really don't know if it has fixed anything for me as i don't have any blurays to test, however other people have said this update solves their judder problem.

Update the 50hz issue is definitely fixed, the sky news ticker scrolls smoothly!

You have to manually enable the 50hz setting which is hidden away in the options this setting only affects the watching of TV all games are still in 60hz.

The hidden setting can be found by:

1. Go to Settings

2. Select TV & OneGuide

3. Select Troubleshooting

4. Select Video

5. Select Enable 50Hz to enable this setting.

Update the 50hz issue is definitely fixed, the sky news ticker scrolls smoothly!

You have to manually enable the 50hz setting which is hidden away in the options this setting only affects the watching of TV all games are still in 60hz.

1. Go to Settings

2. Select TV & OneGuide

4. Select Video

Good news, I remember when this first came up and some people were quick to think this was some hardware issue that couldn't be fixed.  So far it sounds like they fixed it without much fuss.

1. Go to Settings

2. Select TV & OneGuide

4. Select Video

I tried that...  it looks crap. So I unticked that.

I tried that... it looks crap. So I unticked that.

Looks perfect here, why does it look bad to you, is your normal TV signal in 60hz where you live, if so you shouldn't be using it? :)

After I enabled it, it acted like it's skipping the frames.. and after untick it, it is fine.

Before the update, it gets frozen from time to time...

After the update, It is fine.

That was the issue for most people before the update so it is strange you get the opposite.

Do you live in the UK?

No... In USA

That is the problem then, the 50hz setting isn't for you guys, but it does show you what most of Europe's problems where with this issue if you enable it.

Is there any way to uninstall the update? I wasn't aware it would conflict with ability to use party chat properly.

I'm having 2nd thoughts about it too, but not sure if it's too late or not to decline updating and still be able to connect to XBL :/