• SuSE
    • Corel
    • Progeny Debian
    • Conectiva
    • Red Hat
    • Slackware
    • TurboLinux
    • Other, please name...

God, how about None of the Above. Who wants to use a ****ty, archaic OS that requires you to recompile your kernel when you add an ethernet card? Why should I have to edit ****ing config files just to get my Intellimouse and my video card working? What a pile of ****. I'll stick to Windows XP (or hell, even Mac OS X) any day, and won't look back.

Mandrake all the way! Red Hat would be OK, but Mandrake kicks ass and if only I could use the Internet and burn CDs with it, then I'd throw out Windows 98 SE! But for everything else, I use Mandrake! :)

Originally posted by Webgraph  

Mandrake all the way!  Red Hat would be OK, but Mandrake kicks ass and if only I could use the Internet and burn CDs with it, then I'd throw out Windows 98 SE!  But for everything else, I use Mandrake! :)

Why do you go to a Windows site if you're so anti-Microsoft?

Or, for that matter, why does this Windows site keep posting news about Linux (Mandrake 8.1 beta released! who cares!), for which I couldn't care less about?

I would have to agree with Yoshi up there.

I live with 2 other guys that run linux, and all they ever do is try to get **** working and screw **** up, like its such a big deal when they get Unreal to work, big deal mine worked instantly. or when they spend all this time figuring out how to do something and i could have done it with 2 mouse clicks in Windows.

My Windows motto is

Get things done Better, Faster, Smarter, and still have a life! :D ;)

OK! Here's one of my most angry critics against Microsoft!

Microsoft makes lazy-ass computer programmers and users! Just because they make software so easy to use doesn't mean that you're a professional at it! The rest of the competition is also leaning towards that direction, but still, they make their programs so YOU have to think as well! And here's a tip! Linux programmers are more professional than Microsoft programmers! And please, don't argue with me on this one! Because this is STRAIGHT TRUE FACT!

Neobond (and the other admins) , I apologize in advance, but this is true!

Originally posted by Webgraph  

OK!  Here's one of my most angry critics against Microsoft!

Microsoft makes lazy-ass computer programmers and users!  Just because they make software so easy to use doesn't mean that you're a professional at it!  The rest of the competition is also leaning towards that direction, but still, they make their programs so YOU have to think as well!  And here's a tip!  Linux programmers are more professional than Microsoft programmers!  And please, don't argue with me on this one!  Because this is STRAIGHT TRUE FACT!

Neobond (and the other admins) , I apologize in advance, but this is true!

No need to apologize. You're entitled to your oppinion.

It's true maybe Microsoft makes it easier for programmes to make something (I don't know really. I do program a little C++ but not Visual C) but that's not a bad thing imho. I don't care if Linux programmers are more professional as long as windows programs are being made that I can use.

And the fact that MS makes life easier for users well that's a big plus in my eyes. Most users want a computer because it makes life easier and not more complicated.

I think windows programmers do a great job, there are some real cool and sophisticated programs out there.

Microsoft makes lazy-ass computer programmers
Lazy?! Isn't it harder to make the software that do things for you instead of let you do everything in a conf file?
if only I could use the Internet and burn CDs with it
I might be able to help you if I know what are you facing..
that requires you to recompile your kernel when you add an ethernet card? Why should I have to edit ****ing config files just to get my Intellimouse and my video card working?
No one ever said Linux is easy.. Just because you don't want to go around editting conf and recompiling your kernel doesn't mean other people will have to feel the same way. Linux is about giving you control over YOUR kernel, see I don't have to add support for other thousand of drivers which I'll never be using now or the future!. Beside, you don't have to recompile it everytime, linux2.x (i guess) and above have module support.
Which one of the following is the best Linux Distribution in your opinion? If 'other,' which one?
In my opinion, LFS is best ;)

Originally posted by Redmak

No need to apologize. You're entitled to your oppinion.

It's true maybe Microsoft makes it easier for programmes to make something (I don't know really. I do program a little C++ but not Visual C) but that's not a bad thing imho. I don't care if Linux programmers are more professional as long as windows programs are being made that I can use.

And the fact that MS makes life easier for users well that's a big plus in my eyes. Most users want a computer because it makes life easier and not more complicated.

I think windows programmers do a great job, there are some real cool and sophisticated programs out there.

True enough! Average users can't deal with complicated aspects of computing! I just stated that note because with Microsoft, they could just ignore some of the HTML tags and that they don't need as much knowledge of C++! As a matter of fact, there are many HTML and possibly C++ applications that can be used as program/web editors without the knowledge of it! However, that can create problems! Therefore, if you just compile the code by typing in the raw HTML, C++, or whatever code you're doing! And when it comes to web design, I know that just doing it in raw HTML provides the best results! I only use Dreamweaver 4 when I have to add some Flash applets!

I might be able to help you if I know what are you facing..

Configure, only SCSI CD-Burners are capable of burning CD's in Linux! The reason why I can't do CD-Burning with it is because my HP CD-Writer Plus 9100b is an ATAPI/IDE type!

There shouldn't be any significant different between Redhat and Mandrake interm of loadup scripts and etc. etc. since Mandrake is a modification of Redhat. I think it should work fine with every other distro aswell..