Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

Oh my lord that McLaren made me nostalgia so hard.

2014 is the season of the best liveries.

you posted the wrong FP2 results ;)

the mercs were first and second.

-andy-

Whoops. Corrected.

I don't think times are going to matter much. Even with qualifying.

It is going to come down to which cars survive an entire race and from what i've read, some teams may have to do some extreme fuel saving.

Little reminder in case any of you haven't signed up, I'd recommend taking part in F1 Fanatic's predictions championship. They give out prizes for the winners in each round (a copy of F1 2013 Classic Edition and a Pirelli podium hat) and there's always overall prizes too; this year the grand prize is a clock made out of an F1 brake disc. :P

As for F1 2013: There's a free weekend on Steam and a 75% discount should you choose to buy game and DLC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223670/

I for one am going to buy it as soon as I am home.

Ahh yes, forgot to mention that. I stopped paying attention to the F1 games after being disappointed by the Codemasters releases year after year; I let 2010 slide, 2011 was a slight improvement, but it still had some fundamental flaws from before (pitstop bug, anyone?), I cancelled my pre-order for 2012 after playing the demo, but I thankfully got it for free just before 2013 came out thanks to trading a few leftover Steam keys from indie bundles, and 2013? Well, I gave up on the series at that point, and I think the breaking point for me was when Codies announced there wasn't going to be a demo for it; nice way to inject confidence into the game. /s And my fears were pretty much confirmed when I got to play it on the PS3 through the full game trial on PS+. Still, I'll give it another shot with the free weekend on Steam; it's downloaded and ready to go. Basically hoping the patches since I last played it will have improved things (optimistic, I know).

All the season's liveries in one place, thanks to F1 Colours. :)

Red Bull

red_bull.jpeg

Mercedes

merc.jpeg

Ferrari

Ferrari.jpeg

Lotus

lotus.jpeg

McLaren (at least for Australia)

McLaren_oz.jpeg

Force India

force_india.jpeg

Sauber

sauber.jpeg

Toro Rosso

toro.jpeg

Williams

williams.jpeg

Marussia

marussia.jpeg

Caterham

caterham.jpeg

The desktop live timing has been castrated:

Screen-Shot-2014-03-15-at-07.08.48.png

Note all that's missing compared to last year.

Caterham

caterham.jpeg

Caterham actually has a black nose now, which looks a lot better than the green one they originally had.

Great start to the season, hope the race is as exciting as the qualifying session.

These cars are really making the drivers work for their money this year, adding a little rain was just the cherry on the cake.

Quali was great. Surprised at how the cars sounded in action. Engine is a bit drill-like but the turbo whistle is pretty satisfying. The quieter exhaust meant you could hear tyres squealing under lock and the revs rising with wheelspin too - shame the volume is lost but you get more information about what's going on.

Will be interesting to see if it carries on into the race. Short of a long safety car period there will be a lot of fuel saving going along. As long as the cars are still sliding when in low power mode it should be good.

It was also interesting seeing the new steering wheels in some of the cars. You could see what drivers were adjusting and I'm sure there is a bar that showed the amount of regeneration/electric power available. Onboard cameras needed more information.

With Ricciardo's performance I'm a bit concerned RBR will start to run away again when they sort out Vettel's electronics. At least Mercedes seem to be equally competitive at this stage.

Lotus really are ####ed. The two least consistent drivers and a car that hasn't been developed yet.

The Williams livery is pretty damn cool, too.

I would like to see Romain Grosjean and Lewis Hamilton in the same team, would be like a tag team wrestling partnership.