Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

FP3 result:

Screenshot-on-2014-04-05-at-16.29.15.png

Anything but a Mercedes GP 1-2 in qualifying would surprise me.

this could have been pre deciding for the championship. i can very well imagine that mercedes will give out a teamorder or has already done so that if they start 1-2 they finish in that order. no risks, no pusing. the new technology is still a questionmark as seen with hamiltons car in melbourne and wcc is everything for mercedes and they dont care if nico or hami wins wdc. honestly, its a given after today, mercedes has that 1 second over the rest (at least) and thats just ennough to win the championships.

all nico has to do now is going on like this. the races he cant beat hami he most likely will still finish 2nd. i have a problem with drivers like hamilton and alonso. they live only from the past hype but given pressure, they are quite erratic tbh, redbull is out of this years championship, ferrari never was in and williams just cant live up what they have showin in winter testing - which is a big shame.

Quite surprised with Riccardo. I thought he was going to be blooming useless. He seems to be doing a decent job at the moment, i'd even say a better job than Vettel.

Be interesting to see if he can sustain it throughout the season. I hope he does.

What happened to Alfonso? Why is he so far back?

he claims to have had power unit issues and the car lost power as the qualifying went on. vettel had gearbox issues.

for ferrari this must be scary, reliability was their only strong point this year.

I'm really starting to really Like Danny Ricardo (i dont usually back redbull) and its nice to see seb well down the starting grid hehe :D

Formula 1 could have two new teams in 2015 - Bernie Ecclestone

Formula 1 could have two new teams in 2015, the sport's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone has suggested.

Although the FIA has still yet to confirm whether it has approved any of the contenders for a vacant slot on the grid, Ecclestone revealed on Sunday that more than one team could now be given the nod.

It is already widely known that an American outfit being put together by Gene Haas has been in an advanced state of negotiations with the FIA.

But another team, believed to be led by former F1 team boss Colin Kolles, is also understood to be considering an entry.

Ecclestone said on Sunday that Haas had been accepted and that he had also discussed with FIA president Jean Todt about allowing a 13th team in.

"They will be accepted," he said about the Haas entry. "We have also accepted another team as well. Whether they will make it or not is another story.

"We are happy to have another couple of teams. I have spoken to Jean Todt and we agreed yesterday that if another two teams want to come in we will let them in."

Source: Autosport

Haas have the resources to field a car capable of being better than a backmarker. Kolles on the other hand - colour me skeptical.

What a race!!! thats the best one i've seen in years! i cant see why anyone is complaining about this new season, so many overtakes, and hamilton showed how much of an awesome driver he his! Epic!

Maldonaldo, nice to see he hasnt changed! :s

post-1302-0-00876200-1396802955.png

Man of the race: Daniel Ricciardo. From P13 to P4 - great job.

Reject of the race: Pastor Maldonado.

WHAT A RACE!

Definitely agreed Dan was the stand out of this race. Maldonado on the other hand.... utter loose unit. Dan gets a 10 second penalty and 10 place grid penalty for an unsafe release and all this idiot gets is a 10 second drive through. It's also not the first time he's shown he's an utter moron behind the wheel

Maldonado given three penalties for Gutierrez collision

Pastor Maldonado has been penalised three times for his collision with Esteban Gutierrez during the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Maldonado had just left the pits when he hit the Sauber driver, flipping Gutierrez over and forcing him out of the race.

The stewards gave Maldonado a ten second stop-go penalty during the race and two further penalties.

Maldonado will also take a five-place grid penalty for the next race in China. And he has had three penalty points added to his licence.

The stewards also handed two more penalty points to Jules Bianchi for his contact with Adrian Sutil during the race, giving him a total of four for the season so far.

Source: F1 Fanatic

Nice to see the FIA have their priorities straight.

Pit crew error that had nothing to do with you: Ten-place grid penalty. (Ricciardo)

T-bone another driver on the track and send him rolling: Five-place grid penalty. (Maldonado)

misc-jackie-chan-l.png

What a race!!! thats the best one i've seen in years! i cant see why anyone is complaining about this new season, so many overtakes, and hamilton showed how much of an awesome driver he his! Epic!

Like Niki Lauda said straight after the race: "Anyone who still thinks Formula One is boring after that is an idiot." (Y)

• Like 1

Like Niki Lauda said straight after the race: "Anyone who still thinks Formula One is boring after that is an idiot." (Y)

Fully agreed. Today's race was the best race I've seen in years.