Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

post-1302-0-04239700-1394955950.png

Man of the race: Kevin Magnussen.

Reject of the race: Valteri Bottas for throwing away a podium.

All in all a great start to the new season. Bring on the next race!

Reject of the race: Valteri Bottas for throwing away a podium.

for me it's rather kobayashi for destroying his and massa's race in the first corner.

-andy-

for me it's rather kobayashi for destroying his and massa's race in the first corner.

-andy-

To me it looked as though Kobayashi's car had a mechanical issue (brake failure?). You can't blame him for that.

Other observations:

- Mercedes GP have a massive advantage over the rest of the field. Look at the restart after the SC period.. Rosberg was 1.5 - 2 seconds faster than the rest when he had to push. 

- Sauber have fallen behind the midfield. They have a lot of catching up to do. Ditto for Lotus.

- I'm unsure how fast the Ferrari really is. Today's performance by both drivers was mediocre at best. Whether it's because of electronic gremlins or the drivers not coming to grips with the car remains to be seen. R?ikk?nen definitely looked like he was struggling.

- As for Red Bull - they were flattered by the nature of the Melbourne track. I don't see them fighting for podiums on tracks where raw engine power really matters.

Ricciardo faces investigation for fuel limit breach

Daniel Ricciardo is under investigation by the FIA stewards for a potential breach of the fuel flow limit rules.

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer reported Ricciardo?s car ?exceeded consistently the maximum allowed fuel flow of 100kg/h?.

?As this is not in compliance with Article 5.1.4 of the 2014 Formula One Technical Regulations, I am referring this matter to the stewards for their consideration.?

Under new regulations introduced this season a driver?s engine may not consume fuel at a peak rate higher than 100kg per hour.

Source: F1 Fanatic

Being an Aussie it was great to see Dan do so well. Great kid and I think he'll go far. Seems to have his head screwed on and no ego either.

Great drive by Nico and Merc have really outdone themselves.... FANTASTIC car.

Magnussen..... where the hell did he come from?!?! Fast kid with lots of promise.... bring on the 2014 season!!!

hmm interesting development, to me it did seem his car was over performing, and this could explain why

Gutted for lewis though, guy just needs a bit of luck!

Its annoying we have to wait another 2 weeks now!!

I'm surprised if the fuel flow was too high. You'd think with everything else on their plates at the moment, they would have made the fuelling system incapable of delivering more than 100kg/hr so they wouldn't need to worry.

Great result for Magnussen - well, for the whole team really. I'm surprised at how little he was mentioned during the coverage considering he was in a podium spot for quite a while in his first GP. Hope he can keep it up.

Ferrari allegedly weren't up to full speed due to electronics but none of the Ferrari-powered teams did particularly well. If it's true that their power unit uses more fuel than anybody else then that could be a big issue this season. For better or for worse it's all about fuel economy now.

Pity about Bottas' clattering with the barrier, the rest of his drive was excellent. Plenty of overtaking. I hope their performance wasn't just a one-off. Their livery is definitely the best too.

Quite interesting seeing how the younger drivers seemed to adapt better to the higher torque delivery/reduced aero. Raikonnen was failing spectacularly with the fly-by-wire braking system.

I'm not going to write RBR off just yet. Ricciardo seemed to have it under control today. I don't think engine power will be an issue - Melbourne does rely somewhat on aero but it's also one of the most fuel-hungry races on the calendar as there are a lot of slower corners that feed into long straights. I hope we see Vettel struggling though as his tantrums are quite funny and far more entertaining than watching him run away with it. Plus there are plenty of new kids on the block I'd like to see on the podium more often now.

I also enjoyed not listening to Crofty and Brundle going on and on about tyre degradation for once. Long may that continue.

He hasn't yet, don't be dramatic.

I'm surprised if the fuel flow was too high. You'd think with everything else on their plates at the moment, they would have made the fuelling system incapable of delivering more than 100kg/hr so they wouldn't need to worry.

Great result for Magnussen - well, for the whole team really. I'm surprised at how little he was mentioned during the coverage considering he was in a podium spot for quite a while in his first GP. Hope he can keep it up.

Ferrari allegedly weren't up to full speed due to electronics but none of the Ferrari-powered teams did particularly well. If it's true that their power unit uses more fuel than anybody else then that could be a big issue this season. For better or for worse it's all about fuel economy now.

Pity about Bottas' clattering with the barrier, the rest of his drive was excellent. Plenty of overtaking. I hope their performance wasn't just a one-off. Their livery is definitely the best too.

Quite interesting seeing how the younger drivers seemed to adapt better to the higher torque delivery/reduced aero. Raikonnen was failing spectacularly with the fly-by-wire braking system.

I'm not going to write RBR off just yet. Ricciardo seemed to have it under control today. I don't think engine power will be an issue - Melbourne does rely somewhat on aero but it's also one of the most fuel-hungry races on the calendar as there are a lot of slower corners that feed into long straights. I hope we see Vettel struggling though as his tantrums are quite funny and far more entertaining than watching him run away with it. Plus there are plenty of new kids on the block I'd like to see on the podium more often now.

I also enjoyed not listening to Crofty and Brundle going on and on about tyre degradation for once. Long may that continue.

He hasn't yet, don't be dramatic.

has now ;-)

I am disappointed with Mercedes AMG Petronas.

Lewis Hamilton in exactly the same specification car as any other driver would win any grand prix and Romain Grosjean would be second, Massa third.

Two more weeks.

Shame it's only 19 races and not 22.

Reject of the race: The guy at the BBC who negotiates their TV contracts.  When they reduced the coverage to half the races, they at least retained important ones like the opener, closer, British, Monaco, etc. I was stunned that it was just highlights, and a bit disappointed. Soon they'll just be doing things like the Malaysian, Singapore etc, which have no special relevance or meaning :/

• Like 1

Reject of the race: The guy at the BBC who negotiates their TV contracts.  When they reduced the coverage to half the races, they at least retained important ones like the opener, closer, British, Monaco, etc. I was stunned that it was just highlights, and a bit disappointed. Soon they'll just be doing things like the Malaysian, Singapore etc, which have no special relevance or meaning :/

I can't be arsed with the Bloated Broadcasting Corporation, B.B.C.

I watch F1 on bskyb 406 HD

B.B.C. should introduce adverts then their staff wold be cut and they could actually put on programmes we want.

They would have to compete rather than screwing us for ?13 every calender month.

I can't be arsed with the Bloated Broadcasting Corporation, B.B.C.

I watch F1 on bskyb 406 HD

B.B.C. should introduce adverts then their staff wold be cut and they could actually put on programmes we want.

They would have to compete rather than screwing us for ?13 every calender month.

In times when the BBC tax is not going up and costs are increasing, it is not sustainable for BBC to invest the amount of money Sky put in because it will not be a fair contest. Highlights are better than nothing.

Magnussen taking the best result for a debut record from Villeneuve in 1996. Impressive.

• Like 1

See you barely hear it on commentaries, but if you're actually there it isn't that bad.

You can see the difference in the crowd, barely any have ear defenders compared to in 2013. Made it easier watching the commentators in the pit lane mind you!

• Like 1

I'd like them to be a bit louder. I do like the sound they make off power though.

In the end though, i'm happy if they're quiet, so long as the racing is close.

We'll all get used to the sound after a couple of races. If you stop watching F1 because of the sound... you're an idiot :laugh:

• Like 1