DeltaXray

Naughty Dog's post-apocalyptic masterpiece The Last of Us will be ported to PlayStation 4 this year, a Sony employee has revealed.

Speaking during an interview on Turkish CNN, PlayStation's Eurasian Software Market Manager Sercan Sulun said that a PS4 port would launch this summer.

"There is no information about a new The Last of Us game but I can share this knowledge; as of this summer, The Last of Us will be on the PS4. Both on PSN and physically," Sulun said (translated by IGN).

"The PS4 version will also include the DLC so you will be able to play 'Left Behind' as well."

Source: Eurogamer

Absolutely stoked. Top 3 game for me and only played it once before selling my PS3, and didn't play the DLC. Been clamouring to replay this.

I am hoping by "and physically" this is a genuine port rather than streaming.

Blackhearted

And lemme guess, they'll try to rip people off by charging $60 for last years game too, wont they?

notchinese

Will it come with any improvements graphically?

firey

Last of Us: Definitive Edition

DeltaXray

Well if Tomb raider was anything to go by I got a physical copy almost half of what a brand new game costs at launch, and I think is currently about half price on PSN I think (I could be wrong on that though).

So I doubt you will have to pay full price.

Jarrichvdv

Will it come with any improvements graphically?

Tomb Raider looked great on 360 and PS3; and Definitive Edition literally was a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade graphically. These new consoles open a lot of doors for graphical improvement; so I think it's safe to assume it'll look a LOT better.

• Like 1
jerzdawg

Great news, sold my PS3 and Last of Us was the only thing that made me regret it.  I should have my PS4 right around the time this is released.

• Like 1
LaP

Nice if this is true it seals the deal i'm buying a PS4 this fall. Now please can Sony bring Journey to the PS4 too.

Skiver

Never played the first one but this is one of those titles that certainly put me back into wanting a PS4 but I know the misses will go crazy if I go back to two consoles :p

Andrew

Welp, looks like I'm waiting for this now :rofl:

Have a feeling Sony will include the PS3 version in the annual IGC rotation at E3.

• Like 1
+Audioboxer

Welp, looks like I'm waiting for this now :rofl:

Have a feeling Sony will include the PS3 version in the annual IGC rotation at E3.

Vadernooooooo.gif

• Like 1
neoadorable

Never played the first one but this is one of those titles that certainly put me back into wanting a PS4 but I know the misses will go crazy if I go back to two consoles :p

Do it Skiver...DO IT...we all know you want to :devil:

Doli

I guess I wont see for free on PS+ for PS3 any time soon.

neoadorable

Interesting point...though Tomb Raider showed up on PS+ for PS3 quite quickly after launching on PS4. Who knows, I'd expect Last of Us to do the same, promoting it on PS3 shouldn't have much impact on PS4 sales. I'm the target audience for this re-release. Sold PS3 to help pay for PS4 and because it seemed the efficient thing to do

• Like 1
compl3x

And lemme guess, they'll try to rip people off by charging $60 for last years game too, wont they?

If they don't improve on it graphically and charge full RRP then I would agree it would be a bit of a rip. It's a good game, but basic re-releasing it for a new console with no improvements and charging full price would be ######.

• Like 1
DeltaXray

If they don't improve on it graphically and charge full RRP then I would agree it would be a bit of a rip. It's a good game, but basic re-releasing it for a new console with no improvements and charging full price would be ########.

I'm certain they will have some graphical improvements. 1080p, higher res textures, maybe enhanced lighting and whatnot. But I fully do not expect it to be anywhere near the quality of NDs first proper next gen title.

• Like 1
DaveGreen93

If I wasn't starting Uni this year there would be nothing keeping me from buying a PS4. Although my course will have PS4 dev kits to play with :D

• Like 2
Blackhearted

If they don't improve on it graphically and charge full RRP then I would agree it would be a bit of a rip. It's a good game, but basic re-releasing it for a new console with no improvements and charging full price would be ########.

Personally i think they need to do a lot more than just improve the graphics to justify full price for a game that'll only be a year old by the time its rerelease is released.

Digitally, yes. Go physical and you can get a new copy for less atleast 1/3 less.

soniqstylz

Personally i think they need to do a lot more than just improve the graphics to justify full price for a game that'll only be a year old by the time its rerelease is released.

Digitally, yes. Go physical and you can get a new copy for less atleast 1/3 less.

But $60 is still RRP.   Target/Best Buy/Amazon/Gamestop whoever can choose to drop the price (they get $12 - 15 per copy sold, so they have some wiggle room to drop it to move product anyway).  Actually, Gamestop still has it for $60, $54 used.

vcfan

people with a ps3 copy should be allowed to pick up an upgraded copy for $10-$20

• Like 1
neoadorable

Good idea, but doubt they will do that third party launch window offer again. Not for this one. My guess is $50 digital and physical, and of course upgraded graphics, as in 1080p60. If Second Son can do it, then surely Last of Us should be a breeze.

D. S.

If they improve it like they did with Tomb Raider, this is going to be AWESOME and I will be very glad that I saved myself for that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Fortnite receives in-game video chat thanks to Houseparty
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Epic Games announced today that it is integrating Fortnite with Houseparty, letting players see their friends while they play the game together. Users will be required to install the Houseparty app on an iOS or Android device and connect their Houseparty account to their Epic Games account. Those doing so will receive the Rainbow Fog Wrap as a reward.

Initially, the feature will only be available to PC, PS4, and PS5 gamers. Using their phones, players will be able to connect to Houseparty, and the video chat will be shown in-game. Epic has detailed the process of bringing video chat into Fortnite:

The video chat will only display player faces and replace the background with a Fortnite-themed image. Epic has emphasized that the service is restricted to people aged 13 or more. In the parental settings menu, there is an option to turn off the feature. Epic didn't say whether the feature will be made available to other games.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 9.8.2
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 9.8.2 changelog:

General

Improved filename prettifying for XviD and x265 videos Improved support for WebP images Fixed memory leaks Fixed duration of resume files via DLNA Fixed incorrect resolution metadata if the renderer uses KeepAspectRatioTranscoding Fixed not removing old JRE folders on Windows install Updated links in documentation (thanks, xaitax!) Fixed date on zip logs filename (thanks, Midhun R Nair!) Save logs to desktop by default (thanks, dotslash21!) Renderers

Improved support for Blu-ray and DVD subtitles on VLC for desktop Improved detection of Microsoft Edge Updated logo for Microsoft Edge Translation updates via Crowdin

Chinese (Simplified) (100%) Chinese (Traditional) (100%) Dutch (92%) Italian (100%) Romanian (100%) Serbian (Cyrillic) (86%) Dependencies

Bump AdoptOpenJDK from 14.0.2 to 15.0.1+9 Bump assertj-core from 3.17.1 to 3.18.0 Bump commons-io from 2.7 to 2.8.0 Bump commons-lang3 from 3.7 to 3.9 Bump commons-text from 1.3 to 1.9 Bump git-commit-id-plugin from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 Bump icu4j from 67.1 to 68.1 Bump junit5.version from 5.6.2 to 5.7.0 Bump junrar from 7.3.0 to 7.4.0 Bump maven-project-info-reports-plugin from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 Bump metadata-extractor from 2.14.0 to 2.15.0 Bump oshi-core from 5.2.5 to 5.3.4 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.0.4 to 4.1.4 Download: Universal Media Server 9.8.2 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Usama Jawad96
      Here are some tidbits you might not know about the PS5
      by Usama Jawad

Microsoft's next-generation Xbox Series X|S consoles launch in a few hours, but those eager to get their hands on the PlayStation 5 have a few days to wait. The consoles offer similar advantages over the previous generation, including faster load times and better graphics, but they also feature some unique capabilities currently not present in the other. For Xbox Series X|S, this is Quick Resume, while for the PlayStation 5, it is the DualSense controller.

With PlayStation 5's launch a couple of days away, Sony has published an "Ultimate FAQ" to answer some questions people may have around the company's next-gen offering. Although you may know most of the information presented by Sony in this blog post - particularly which revolves around the console's graphical prowess -, we have gathered some tidbits you may not be aware of.

Here's a list of things you might not know about the PlayStation 5:

The console does not come with additional colors or designs at launch. Sony's phrasing suggests that this may change in the future. The PS5 comes with an internal power supply and does not feature an external power brick. In some PS5 games, developers may offer players the options to remove specific modes and content they are not interested in to improve the storage space situation. Although you can play PS4 games stored on a USB drive connected to a PS5, this is not possible for PS5 games, as those need to be stored on the internal SSD. Sony is looking into ways as to how it can at least allow storage on external USBs, but these capabilities are not available at launch. The PS5 sports an expansion port that will allow users to plug in an M.2 SSD for storing and playing PS5 games in the future. This capability will come later via a software update, and Sony will share more information about compatibility. The company has currently discouraged players from buying an M.2 SSD as the PS5 will enforce a minimum performance level for SSD storage. Every PS5 game will take advantage of the console's Tempest 3D AudioTech, but exact enhancements will be dependent on developer optimization. Virtual surround sound via TV speakers is not currently supported but will arrive in future updates. The PS5 supports resolutions of 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 2160p. While the console is compatible with 8K displays right now, the capability to output at that resolution will arrive later via a system software update. Players can choose whether they want to enable or disable the DualSense controller's haptic feedback technology. The DualSense controller sports an integrated microphone array and a speaker. The DualSense controller features a player-facing light bar. For PS4 games that require a forward-facing light bar instead, Sony has recommended the use of PS4's DualShock 4 controllers. DualSense offers lower input latency as compared to DualShock 4. The PS5 controller will have a similar battery life as DualShock 4, and up to 3 hours may be required to fully charge the peripheral. Sony will offer other colors of the DualSense controller in the future but has no further information to share at this time. PS5's Blu-ray discs store up to 100GB of game data, double that of the 50GB capacity offered by its predecessor. The PS5 does not support 3D Blu-ray movies. The new UI for the PS5 does not support folders and themes at launch. You can head over to the dedicated Ultimate FAQ page here if you wish to take a deep dive around the upcoming console yourself. Sony says that it will keep updating this page in the future as more information is ready to be shared with the public.

• By Ather Fawaz
      Airpeak is Sony's new project for AI-powered drones and remote sensing
      by Ather Fawaz

Today, Sony announced that it was launching a new project called 'Airpeak'. As the name hints, Airpeak will be Sony's take on AI-powered drones and the Japanese giant will contribute by bringing its remote-sensing technology to the domain.

The firm already specializes in making top-of-the-line cameras for both photography and videography, and Airpeak will take a cue from this. Sony says that the project will "support the creativity of video creators to the fullest extent possible, aiming to contribute to the further development of the entertainment industry". This could mean that the new project will bring in drones to capture some interesting shots of sports, exploration, and even regular settings. Furthermore, the project also aims to bring in improved efficiency and savings in various industries. Special attention will be paid to safety and reliability in all environments as well.

Airpeak is slated to launch somewhere in the spring of 2021. Sony will soon be seeking collaborating partners for the project. Apart from this, there isn't much that the Japanese firm has detailed about the project.

Further information and development information will be regularly updated on this website.

• By indospot
      The PlayStation 5 will only be available online at launch
      by João Carrasqueira

The next generation of consoles is almost upon us, and with the PlayStation 5 set to launch next week on November 12 (in some markets), Sony has decided to warn its fans about lining up at stores on launch day. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic that hasn't subsided yet, the company has made clear that retailers won't be selling any units of the PlayStation 5 in stores on launch day.

If you're planning to get the PlayStation 5 on the day it launches, you'll need to place your pre-orders online. You can still pick up you pre-ordered units at the store, using the designated pickup areas set by each retailer so as to keep customers safe. While the console is launching on different days depending on where you live - some markets will get it on November 12, others on November 19 - this measure will apply to all regions.

What Sony didn't clarify is when you can expect to start seeing consoles on store shelves. Presumably, giving out a date would just encourage people to line up on said date anyway.

Sony isn't the only one launching a console next week, and the Xbox Series X|S will actually be available a little earlier on November 10. Reviews are starting to come in for Microsoft's consoles, and you can read our own review of the Series X here.