Probably because they want to have a surprise and announce it's imminent release at E3

This is exactly the reason, now I think it will come out next Tuesday, right after the conference or thereabouts.

Is there a difference? Honestly i can't see it, which is why i hate these comparisons...i know there is a difference, you just can't see it via compressed YouTube magic

Is there a difference? Honestly i can't see it, which is why i hate these comparisons...i know there is a difference, you just can't see it via compressed YouTube magic

I thought there was a pretty massive difference if you watch the 1080p 60fps video of the new trailer.  I think Eurogamer has it posted but it is blocked from here so can't check.

• Like 1

I thought there was a pretty massive difference if you watch the 1080p 60fps video of the new trailer.  I think Eurogamer has it posted but it is blocked from here so can't check.

Got it, was just watching it in the default mini-screen. As i'm sure there's going to be a difference and the main thing is the extra content anyway, will just wait until the 29th...of July. It's not like we're getting older, gaming industry, don't worry about us! :s

You can definitely see the difference.

If you don't see the difference it might explain why so many people don't care about running their games at native res lol

You can definitely see that the PS3 version is blurry because of the upscaling.

Got it, was just watching it in the default mini-screen. As i'm sure there's going to be a difference and the main thing is the extra content anyway, will just wait until the 29th...of July. It's not like we're getting older, gaming industry, don't worry about us! :s

Ah lol that explain why you did not see any difference.

• Like 1

Damn, was the ps3 version seriously that blurry? I seriously do not recall it looking like that at all. I really do not.

Don't remember it looking bad either, but then i didn't think OutRun looked bad in 1986, thought it looked fantastic...what was the native resolution on the original PS3 build? 1280 x 720 right? Yeah guess the upscaling to 1080 made it look a little blurry. Did the campaign twice and thought it looked amazing for something running on half the RAM of a mid-range smartphone!

• 2 weeks later...
Sony Announces The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Bundle For Europe

by Matt Helgeson on June 27, 2014 at 11:01 AM

lastofusbundle610.jpg

Gamers on the other side of the pond will be able to get a new PlayStation 4 bundle that includes a copy of the newly remastered version of Naughty Dog's masterpiece.

The news comes from the European PlayStation Blog. The bundle includes a standard black PlayStation 4, a DualShock 4 controller, and a copy of The Last of Us Remastered. It retails for 429 euros (the PlayStation 4 usually sells for 399 euros so players will be getting a discount on the game).

At present time, this bundle is only announced for Europe, not the U.S.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/27/sony-announces-the-last-of-us-remastered-ps4-bundle-for-europe.aspx

• Like 1

I have a couple of store credits burning a hole in my pocket. I think they won't burn for much longer.

• 3 weeks later...
Sony reveals special edition The Last of Us and Destiny-themed PS4 consoles

But they're only available in Japan for now.

By Tom Phillips Published Friday, 18 July 2014

Sony Japan has shown off two new PlayStation 4 models themed around the upcoming launches of Destiny and The Last of Us Remastered.

As in Europe, Sony will sell Destiny alongside a white-coloured console. The Japanese version, however, also features a nifty Destiny logo.

jpg

Another Japanese bundle will offer the PS4 alongside The Last of Us Remastered. This design includes the game's logo and the silhouettes of main characters Joel and Ellie.

jpg

Both consoles will come with a copy of their respective game.

It's not the first time that Sony has created a custom PlayStation 4 for Japan. Earlier this month it revealed a rather unexpected design themed around Disney's Frozen, after the film topped Japan's box office for 16 straight weeks.

jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-18-sony-reveals-special-edition-the-last-of-us-and-destiny-themed-ps4-consoles

I really, really don't like these special editions. I saw the frozen one on Kotaku the other day and it reminded me of kids in primary school who had gold pens who crudely scribbled on their folders.

The destiny one doesn't look too bad, but that is because it is just text and a simple logo. Those silhouettes and outline designs look terrible.

I really, really don't like these special editions. I saw the frozen one on Kotaku the other day and it reminded me of kids in primary school who had gold pens who crudely scribbled on their folders.

The destiny one doesn't look too bad, but that is because it is just text and a simple logo. Those silhouettes and outline designs look terrible.

Have to agree w/Complex on this one.  

no offense but these "special editions" are rather lame. it's just a sticker :/

Silver lining? The designs being stickers, when you realise how fugly they are, you can peal them off.

• Like 2

After seeing the gamers response to Photo Mode in Infamous, Naughty Dog are adding one into TLoU, at the moment they're saying you can "Detach the camera and mess with the DoF". This obviously also confirms a day 1 patch for the game. They are also confirming the game is a mammoth 50GB Install to the hard drive.

Damn, if HD remakes of last-gen games are completely filling dual-layer Blu-Ray disks this early in the generation, will they be enough to last the whole gen?

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-21-the-last-of-us-remastereds-photo-mode-coming-in-day-one-patch

post-350302-0-04653300-1405998807.jpg

Well the game doesn't have to fit on a single disk, seeing as I think both consoles make you install the entire game anyway.

Just as long as we only have to have Disk 1 in to verify. I'd hate to have to change disks mid-way through a game. 

actually the way the remakes are, it is expected to be larger size then the coding on the same material from scratch.  it is a remake after all.   something was made and then remade. cannot possibly be as trim as original coding of the same thing?

i hope i am correct on this, but it just makes sense to me.   if i am wrong, please explain why?

It is likely this size because the game is just so lengthy. Lots of high-res textures and uncompressed audio.

Will the PS4 be compatible with any of the larger blu ray media as they become available?

Just as long as we only have to have Disk 1 in to verify. I'd hate to have to change disks mid-way through a game. 

I'd imagine both MS and Sony would replicate the 360's multi-disc solution. At the start of the generation you needed to switch discs but once installing to the HDD was possible switching fell out of fashion.

It is likely this size because the game is just so lengthy. Lots of high-res textures and uncompressed audio.

Will the PS4 be compatible with any of the larger blu ray media as they become available?

Unfortunately, it will not. The larger media requires more than just a certain firmware I believe, and neither Sony or MS included a drive with the necessary hardware.

So unless they found a way around that, we won't see any support.

Not quite sure what's going on with those screenshots, looks almost like they took it from the PS3 version.

I caught someone streaming it on Twitch last night and it seemed really good, better than those screenshots indicate.

Not quite sure what's going on with those screenshots, looks almost like they took it from the PS3 version.

I caught someone streaming it on Twitch last night and it seemed really good, better than those screenshots indicate.

I saw them earlier elsewhere and I was puzzled if this was really a "remaster" of any type. They look almost as if they just upped the res and called it a day.