Moon Landing in 1969

Did we land on the Moon?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Did we land on the Moon?

• No Way, and we aint gonna!
    • You Bet! We did for sure...
    • The Chinese will be first on the Moon

if it is fake i hope oen of them will say it before they day, if anyone involved is still alive.

Do you have any sense of time at all?

It happened in 1969. That's a little over 34 years ago.

We still have plenty of WWII vets alive today, which ended 22 years prior.

I heard that the americans did not land on the moon in 1969, and that it was all a hoax, they just took pictures and made it seem like they landed on the moon. They had a special on tv about it, showing the pictures and how you can see people being super imposed(adam sandler goat voice:"whats super imposed"), you can see crossharis under people but on top of other things. also how the flags shadows was way off from where it should have been at that time. I actually beleive we didnt land on the moon. To my knowledge we havent even sent ne one back since then. ohh well i guess i might be easily influenced, but i dont think that we landed on the moon. :whistle:

ya and a group of over 10000 people think the earth is flat, called the flat earth society, and there are a group of people who do not belive anything exists outside of earth(stars moon,sun, are all in earths atmosphere etc etc), whenever one of these catches on it becomes famous and more people believe it....this moon landing is just another one of these.

The Apollo 13 crew is alive and well. I've met Fred Haise. :D I'm sure he'd be ****ed to hear he died in mid-flight while participating in a hoax to cover up American's shortcomings in Space.

Get a grip on reality, please?

I read some books on this issue and NASA and experts that claim we did land on the moon only address flaws that they can or want to. Those that say it's Soviet propaganda are only kidding themselves. For example, actual pictures of the flag movement as if it were on earth, because there's no gravity on the moon. Try to come up with a theory that explains why the flag is wavy. lol. Good luck.

I read some books on this issue and NASA and experts that claim we did land on the moon only address flaws that they can or want to.  Those that say it's Soviet propaganda are only kidding themselves.  For example, actual pictures of the flag movement as if it were on earth, because there's no gravity on the moon.  Try to come up with a theory that explains why the flag is wavy. lol.  Good luck.

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

You should read this. You are so willing to believe anything to discredit, then read this discredit of the discredit.

The flag had been waved around by the astronaunt prior to planting it in the ground, that's why it looks like it does. Oh, incidentally, there is such a thing as solar wind, or a cosmic breeze....

Everybody has their own opinion...I for one believe that we did land on the moon. There were several other missions since then.

A point to make is that if we didn't land on the moon then why did the Apollo 13 crisis occur. They were intended for the moon so how could that have happened if it was a hoax.

the apollo 13 happened because they WERE tryignt o get to the moon, but got attacked by aliens which at holes in their oxygen thingo, but apollo 11 didnt land

the Chinese will be there before the americans

Which is why Bush wants to "return" to the Moon... I'm not saying I don't belived they never went to the moon in the first place, but things like this kinda make you wonder...

• 2 weeks later...
We DID land on the moon. On every Apollo trip Russians satellites follows them. After Moon Landing in 1969 not even one Russian authority appeared saying that was a hoax, and do you know why? Because US DID land on the moon.

As someone said before, if this is fake every single employee in the Mc. Donnald Observatory, TX should be in jail, because they invested over this years millon of dollars calculating the distance between the earth and our natural satellite shooting a laser on mirrors on the ALSEPs (Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment) left them there by the astronauts...

i totally agree with him

I look at crap like this. "everyone has an opinion, and opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one but most of the time they stink" Of course we went to the moon.

Cody

Just another conspiracy theory BS. Think about it, all these years, you think nobody has looked at the moon with a telescope?? There are so powerful telescopes out there you can look accross the solar system, people on earth know every inch of the moon, if there was no landing sites, etc all the crap they left up there, everyone would know about it... especially the USA's compitition (Russia, China, ETC).

People need to stop and think before believing a lot of BS like this :p

Americans where scared it seemed that the Commies had beeten them, so they reserved a studio in hollywood and shot that years block buster, the moon landing. its been proven, when america landed on the moon they took pictures of their flag "blowing in the wind" the funny part is on the moon there is no aptonosphere so there for there cant be wind.

and the set was used in a space movie like a year later, the exact same set, every rock was in the exact same place.

there is more, but i cant remeber...

Definently landed on the moon.

ALl this conspiracy crap stems from crazy people who lack the facts, knowledge, and some good ol common sense. IT was aired on fox for christ sake. The same people who brought joe millionaire and jerry springer... as well as x-files.

Besides, if you have a powerfull laser beam, they put a corner reflector on there so you can shine a beam off the moon and back to your location. The time delay should be about 2 seconds. In fact, it can measure changes in the moons orbit with awesome precision. Just ask any physics proff and they'll probably know a bit about it.

Solar wind is basically large amount of radiation emmitted from the sun. They include tons and tons of particles, all of which include momentum. Some, like neutrinos, probably won't affect it, but light and protons, and neutrons, etc. would all affect it quite a bit. This is why you can use sails to move a space craft (even further away than earth)

because there's no gravity on the moon.

That statement is soo wrong.

edit:

i read the thread and found this interresting site:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Here's the real conspiracy:

The Bad Astronomer, one of the anagrams was MOON TRASH DEBATER.

Edited by Goalie_CA

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know how many people would of had to be involved to make a hoax as big as this?

Now honestly, do you think hundreds of people would all be able to keep quiet for this long. Someone would tell someone.

Everybody has their own opinion...I for one believe that we did land on the moon.  There were several other missions since then.

A point to make is that if we didn't land on the moon then why did the Apollo 13 crisis occur.  They were intended for the moon so how could that have happened if it was a hoax.

it happened b/c it's a hoax too... it brings a sense of unity to the country when everyone is worried about them... and it makes us look like we kiss ass b/c fixed the impossible. ego boost. cold war influence.

and you believe what the govt tells us... no actual proof. the govt also denies the existence of Area 51.. but it's there...

people saw the rocket take off, didn't they? what would be the point of doing that?

could have just put them in a crazy orbit high around earth...

heres a good point though... we won the cold war by going to the moon and making it USA's property supposedly. extreme imperialism. we couldnt let the Russians get to the moon... but that brings up another point... why havent they EVER tried to go to the moon? and why did we stop the program after 12 odd missions and not go back since? you KNOW they would want to do all kinds of crazy experiments on the moon etc. why would they just stop and not go back? and now they want to go back by 2020? why does it take so long? that'll make it 50 years since we've been there... wtf?

this brings up an indisputable point too. the earth is covered by the Van Allen radiation belt which protects us from the sun. the moon is not in the belt... moon has no atmosphere b/c of this. in order to sustain life outside the belt, the walls on the ship would have had to have been 4 FEET thick... thats a lot. the ship had a few inches. also, the suits of the spacemen were WAY too thin to protect them from the radiation...