Aliens in general ....

Like in that X files episode, where theydiscover those markings on a spaceship, and they discover thataliens created the world and that everythingthe bible says is a lie? :blush:

Across the vastness of space, billions of planets, and billions of years, I'd be very surprised if something even comparable to bacteria didn't occur *somewhere* else at *some* time.

However, the odds of life evolving to "intelligence" as we think of it, let alone being able to find earth in the same place and time that it itself exists, is *highly* unlikely.

Ultimately, I believe life, even at bacterial level, has almost certainly happened, or will happen at some place other than earth. I also believe it extremely unlikely that life on earth will ever find or encounter life as it may occur, or have occurred, elsewhere.

Yes, there will be "life systems" somewhere at some time in the universe, and they may even be able to survive beyond bacterial state. No, humans on earth will almost certainly never know of them before the day human life itself can no longer exist.

For now, I'm fascinated enough by dinosaurs living on earth for millions of years and the like. :)