Gillete using spy chips!

Hmmm. I'm on the fence. It does certainly deter shoplifting, which would decrease shrink and lower costs... And the conservative in me says that if you've got nothing to hide, why get upset? But deep down something doesn't feel right...

..then you walk into your bathroom late at night and see the gillete shaver eating a disposable next to it :laugh:

that would be hillarious.. ill laugh if products get chips and attack each other... why track when you can destroy

too many boycott sites in this world lol :s

what's next? boycott neowin :rofl:

Thats not out the question... this site had taken a lot of my time, and I would perhaps like it refunded.

..then you walk into your bathroom late at night and see the gillete shaver eating a disposable next to it :laugh:

that would be hillarious.. ill laugh if products get chips and attack each other... why track when you can destroy

It's like the Funzo toy on The Simpsons that destroys competing toys :ninja:

This is so bloody funny...just LOOK at the pic. It's an obvious resistor. That's the biggest pic you can take? Or is it the biggest while still allowing sheep to be fooled?

Look at the other pic of the shelf...wow...talk about non-obvious! the cord's actually hanging down onto the product below.

I smell scam

If they would kill the whole camera setup and deactivate the tags at the register (like they remove those exploding ink deals from clothes) i would have no problem what so ever with it. I certainly dont steal razor blades (and i had to go looking for the RFID tag on a a package of gilette Mach III blades i bought today. However i only found their old radio tag system in mine :-(

Personally, sounds **quite** dubious.

The expense of adding these cameras, including at checkout, JUST for Gillette products is suspicious. Also requires someone to come and periodically retrieve photos taken / clear storage, etc. A photo element like this would probably be illegal under current U.S. laws, too.

Also, as much as manufacturers might assist by incorporating things that trigger alarm systems if not checked out and the like, shoplifting prevention and security is the responsbility of the retailer, not the manufacturer.

See also the following at snopes.com regarding radio-frequency ID chips that were considered yet not (yet) actually incorporated. Regardless, this photo element is not incorporated, certainly not at the shelf itself.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/rfid.asp