Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 rollout, post if you have it

I gave up on the music app, and generally just tend to use the Cloud Muzik app for google music. But if they ever do the music locker service we heard rumors of a while back to store music on your one drive and play through the xbox music app then i would switch rather quickly.

I gave up on the music app, and generally just tend to use the Cloud Muzik app for google music. But if they ever do the music locker service we heard rumors of a while back to store music on your one drive and play through the xbox music app then i would switch rather quickly.

I don't really use the Music app that much, but I do use the Podcast app everyday. The major thing that has been quite annoying is when loading podcasts off of the SD card my phone will crash and reboot itself about 90% of the time. I've tried looking for the Podcast app on the app store to leave feedback, but it doesn't exist there, so I've been leaving it on the Music app's ratings section. I'm guessing even though they have been made into separate apps they are still tied together somehow. I've worked around this by having it download all podcasts to the internal memory. 

Anyway, hopefully this update addresses SD card issues.

You can forget about WP Dev Preview on HTC devices, since it needs drivers / firmware update from them and their phones haven't received a single bit of support since their announcement.

More waiting for us, unless HTC can push out some firmware soon.  And they wonder why people are dropping them left and right.

Installed on my At&t 920. What I want to know now is if Cyan firmware is going to be offered too me when released now that I'm one OS version ahead. I've had terrible wi-fi/call reception since the 8.1 update. Surely Microsoft has considered not everyone has cyan?

I remember reading that Cyan will come regardless of if you get 8.1U1 or not, they're not tied to each other in some way and there is no order that you need to get them in.

I have installed in on Lumia 930 unlocked on EE and in the UK.  Seems nice so far, although Cortana does not seem to be good as the USA version as half the searches she does for me are just web results.

I have installed in on Lumia 930 unlocked on EE and in the UK.  Seems nice so far, although Cortana does not seem to be good as the USA version as half the searches she does for me are just web results.

That should be fixed tomorrow according to Marcus Ash. Apparently they're in the process of uploading all the bits to Bing.

That should be fixed tomorrow according to Marcus Ash. Apparently they're in the process of uploading all the bits to Bing.

Cool, thank you for the update :)

Has anyone noticed the short resuming message when waking your phone up? I'm not sure what that's about but I don't like it.

Has anyone noticed the short resuming message when waking your phone up? I'm not sure what that's about but I don't like it.

Have you used the Live Lockscreen Beta? If so, it's caused by that. It can be fixed by turning Kids Corner on and then off again after uninstalling the Live Lockscreen Beta.

I'm waiting at this point. Last time I installed an upgrade (8.1), alarms didn't work. Plus, is it safe to install without Cyan?

I'm waiting at this point. Last time I installed an upgrade (8.1), alarms didn't work. Plus, is it safe to install without Cyan?

Rolling with 920 here as well. No issues, apart from the Live Tiles not working immediately after the install since I got an SMS right after the install finished and the tile didn't update. But I restarted the phone and that fixed it.

Have you used the Live Lockscreen Beta? If so, it's caused by that. It can be fixed by turning Kids Corner on and then off again after uninstalling the Live Lockscreen Beta.

Thank you, that was it!