Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 rollout, post if you have it

Forget about Update 1, I haven't even got 8.1 yet.

This is what I fear is happening to releases these days.  There is no drive to give a final release because everyone just uses the Beta/Pre-release anyway.  Then, if it goes wrong, the company can claim "well, it IS under testing".

What phone do you have?

The 8.1 Update 1 is only for DP enabled phones with the exception of HTC at the moment.

There is a website where you can track the updates per phone, per carrier, per region for Lumia Black/Cyan and 8.1

I uninstalled the lockscreen beta, then turned on and off kids corner and it still fails installing the developer preview on my Lumina 520 (has 2.5gb free space on the phone and 3gb on the micros card) same error 0x80188308 any other ideas?

I uninstalled the lockscreen beta, then turned on and off kids corner and it still fails installing the developer preview on my Lumina 520 (has 2.5gb free space on the phone and 3gb on the micros card) same error 0x80188308 any other ideas?

The Live Lockscreen Beta has nothing to do with some phones unable to update to the 8.1 Update 1. Microsft are aware that some people are having issues though, WPCentral has an article on this here. Someone posted in the comments with the same error code. Looks like you're going to have to wait until they fix it.

If it still works OK for you, ie. you can launch it without it crashing, I would like to know that too.

Thanks.

Folders are awesome for music organisation, pin playlists from Spotify and get pretty music covers.

wp_ss_20140807_0001.png?download&psid=1

Jesus christ I forget its 1080p, now I've noticed that the wallpaper isn't 1080p. Can't even spot that on the phone.

• Like 2

What phone do you have?

The 8.1 Update 1 is only for DP enabled phones with the exception of HTC at the moment.

There is a website where you can track the updates per phone, per carrier, per region for Lumia Black/Cyan and 8.1

Yeah, Nokia Lumia 920 (UK, unbranded); still "Under Testing".

I didn't want to install the developer preview.  I'm happy to wait but shame they even started the developer preview as all I have been hearing about since May is "download WP 8.1 NOW!" - so many articles, a slow rollout.

Cortona can't hear my voice now with the roll out update 1 for my Nokia Lumia 925.

Don't know about that problem but the one effecting HTC owners could take "weeks" to be worked out going by the new tweets Joe B posted recently.   I'm guessing, if we're lucky, us 8X owners could go right to a newer build of GDR1 instead of this first preview out now.   Remember, the 8.1 preview saw 3 updates, maybe 4? Till it went final with build 12397/12400, I doubt this is the first build of GDR1 they push out, only question is how long till the next one?

Updated perfectly on my 1520.3 :)

I have experienced random crashes and reboots of the Phone :/ ever since I put 8.1U on my 920. I was surprised to see my phone turned off a couple of times (had enough battery juice so that wasn't a factor) where the phone just turned itself off. I have also seen it just cold reboot when on my desk while I wasn't even using it.

In total I have counted about 7-8 instances of reboots/power offs in last 4-5 days. Anyone else? I have had probably 1-2 crashes on it ever since I bought it :laugh: so this is shocking to me.

I have experienced random crashes and reboots of the Phone hmm.gif ever since I put 8.1U on my 920. I was surprised to see my phone turned off a couple of times (had enough battery juice so that wasn't a factor) where the phone just turned itself off. I have also seen it just cold reboot when on my desk while I wasn't even using it.

In total I have counted about 7-8 instances of reboots/power offs in last 4-5 days. Anyone else? I have had probably 1-2 crashes on it ever since I bought it laugh.png so this is shocking to me.

not experiencing that on my 925. may be a model specific issue or a unique issue. i haven't heard of anyone else with that issue either so I'd recommend trying a factory restore then applying the update again

I have experienced random crashes and reboots of the Phone :/ ever since I put 8.1U on my 920. I was surprised to see my phone turned off a couple of times (had enough battery juice so that wasn't a factor) where the phone just turned itself off. I have also seen it just cold reboot when on my desk while I wasn't even using it.

In total I have counted about 7-8 instances of reboots/power offs in last 4-5 days. Anyone else? I have had probably 1-2 crashes on it ever since I bought it :laugh: so this is shocking to me.

Sorry, everything works fine here. Maybe the battery is dying?

Sorry, everything works fine here. Maybe the battery is dying?

Battery is alright as I said. It lasts a good 12+ hrs with 8.1 (was ~24 on Black).

Battery is alright as I said. It lasts a good 12+ hrs with 8.1 (was ~24 on Black).

No, I mean like, the battery loses contact with the rest of the phone, thus the phone losing power / restarting every now and then. But this is just a wild guess.

The newest Xbox Music update, yesterday, seems to have fixed performance quite a bit.  There's also some 8.1 Update 1 specific stuff in it as I expected.

Anybody have an issue with call+sms filter (found in settings) no longer working?

Doing a soft reset (holding the power button for 8 seconds) has fixed this issue for me.

I thought this was basically the same as just turning the phone off and on (when it's frozen), but apparently not.

This isn't related to the update but my 920 used to crash and reboot if I had the SIM card set to 4G.  Forcing it on to 3G fixed the problem for me. 

This isn't related to the update but my 920 used to crash and reboot if I had the SIM card set to 4G.  Forcing it on to 3G fixed the problem for me.

These crashes started right after I updated, I never had the crash/reboot problem with 4G/3G switch.

Error 8018830f or 80188306 fixed.

If you were getting either of these errors while trying to update, you should be good to go now.

I was getting the first error, and have now been able to update my 625.

• Like 2

Well that's one problem down, I'm still waiting for HTC to fix whatever issues it has with the 8X, I wanted to mess around with the updated IE and folders. 

• 3 months later...