Error code c101a006 when trying to buy apps on WP8.1

Mystic Mungis

Since last night I've been getting this error code when trying to try or buy any app off of the store. Searched for the error code and found that this was a widespread problem during February 2013 and it's a problem with the Xbox Live network. Is anyone else getting this error? I can't find any solution other than to wait for MS to fix the problem at their end but I haven't seen anyone else saying that they're being affected by this.

I'm in the UK using a Lumia 1020 running the dev preview of 8.1 update 1

+Zlip792

From KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781172

Error code c101a006 or "Internal Server Error"
Problem
This error code may occur if there is a temporary service disruption.

This error code may also occur when you try to download an app and there is incomplete information in your Microsoft account profile or that the Terms of Service for Xbox LIVE were not accepted.

Solution
If there may be a service disruption, you can wait a little while and then try again.

If there is incomplete information in your profile, sign in to your Microsoft account (formerly known as Windows Live ID), tap or click Edit personal info, make sure that your Birth date and Home Country/region are completed, and then tap or click Save.

Note If you see a message indicating that your password is weak, change it to something stronger. If you are prompted to add additional security information, add it.
NinjaGinger

Read on forum, Hope it works.

From your Windows 8 Phone Start screen, go for the Settings

In the list of different settings, choose system application

On the next screen, select to enter language + region

In the Country/Region box, select a supported region (preferably United Kingdom)

Set the Phone language and Regional format

On the bottom of same page, tap on the button stating restart phone

(please note that the restarting you phone is a must to do step)

Log on to xbox.com and choose the same region at the bottom of webpage

Now get back to the settings and go for phone settings

In the phone settings menu, tap the music + video settings

Drag the slider to turn on the Connect with Xbox Music option

Drag the slider to turn on the Xbox Music cloud collection option

Drag the slider to turn on the Now playing on Xbox option

Restart your phone

Mystic Mungis

Yeah I checked that out earlier, checked all of my info and it's complete.

Read on forum, Hope it works.

<snip>

Looked at that as well when I was searching to see if anyone else was being affected and tried to follow the instructions but it's totally different with WP8.1, half of those settings aren't labeled the same anymore so I followed it as best I could.

I'll give it a little while and see if it resolves itself, if not then I'll contact support and see if they can help me out at all. Thanks for the input :)

• Like 1
+Zlip792

Yeah I checked that out earlier, checked all of my info and it's complete.

Looked at that as well when I was searching to see if anyone else was being affected and tried to follow the instructions but it's totally different with WP8.1, half of those settings aren't labeled the same anymore so I followed it as best I could.

I'll give it a little while and see if it resolves itself, if not then I'll contact support and see if they can help me out at all. Thanks for the input :)

Try with making new MS account?

Mystic Mungis

Try with making new MS account?

Good idea! Sadly it didn't fix it though :( Might just give it a hard reset, everything is backed up to SkyDrive anyways. Everyone else that's tried a reset has said that it didn't fix it but it does seem like this isn't a problem at MS's end so no harm in giving it a shot!

+Zlip792

Good idea! Sadly it didn't fix it though :( Might just give it a hard reset, everything is backed up to SkyDrive anyways. Everyone else that's tried a reset has said that it didn't fix it but it does seem like this isn't a problem at MS's end so no harm in giving it a shot!

That's the last option then for sure. Give it a try.

Mystic Mungis

It worked! Not sure what the actual problem was seeing as a reset doesn't seem to work for anyone else but all that matters is it's fixed :P

• Like 1
+Zlip792

It worked! Not sure what the actual problem was seeing as a reset doesn't seem to work for anyone else but all that matters is it's fixed :p

Good thing.. Enjoy!!!

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bruh11
      Hey guys,
      I made my PC a year ago and it runs great. I had purchased a 4TB Toshiba X300 internal HDD for it and it works flawlessly. Recently I decided to add a new HDD in addition and went for 3.5'' Toshiba X300 8TB. But the problem is that my PC is not picking it up. It is being shown as "Unknown Not Initialized" in disk manager and doesn't event show the capacity. Furthermore, if I try to initialize it, it shows "A device which doesnot exist was specified" error. In my BIOS sometimes it would show up as detected but as a 4TB one. I updated my BIOS, all the drivers and then it started to show up as 8TB but that doesn't solve the issue still. I checked all my cables, used new ones, tried installing windows on it(can't because it doesn't show up), heck even Ubuntu because I thought maybe it was a Windows issue. I can not use any software since it doesn't event show up anywhere. This is the 2nd time it is happening(I bought one(same) and returned one already because it was giving me the same error). I have tried everything to my knowledge and still don't know what the issue is. I think its my Motherboard that doesnt support more than 4TB but that doesn't make any sense. Bios is running in UEFI mode and yes I am trying to use GPT.Any help would be appreciated.
      My PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BJ69Rk
      Thanks alot!
    • By News Staff
      Get this Complete Start A Side Business Bundle for only $25
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 98% off the Complete Start A Side Business Bundle. Start making major income on the side with 30+ hours of courses on drop shipping, importing, selling on eBay and more.

What's the deal?
      This deal consists of the following courses:

Wordpress Aliexpress Drop Shipping Master Class
      Build An E-Commerce Drop Shipping Store Using Wordpress, Woocommerce & Aliexpress Alibaba Import Business Blueprint: Build Your Import Empire
      Learn How To Source Products On Alibaba, Create Private Label Brands & Build A Successful E-Commerce Business! Sell Your Services With Fiverr: Earn Extra Income With Simple Services
      How to Earn Extra Money Online Every Month as a Fiverr Seller eBay for Profits: Make $2,000 A Month Drop Shipping Products
      Learn to Sell Retail Products for a Profit on eBay without Spending Money Upfront on Inventory How to Import from China - The Beginner's Guide
      The Beginner's Guide to Importing from China from the Comfort of Your Home The Ultimate Guide to Selling Private Label Products
      Learn How To Add Massive Value To The Products You Sell & Create A Brand That Leaves Your Competition In The Dust How to Make a Passive Income With An Amazon Affiliate Store
      Start Your Own Amazon Affiliate E-Commerce Store from Scratch Introduction To Twitch TV Video Game Live Streaming
      Learn How To Get Started With Twitch TV & Stream Your Favorite Video Games Live Online! Professional Blogging: A Step-by-Step Blueprint
      Learn How to Build a Loyal Audience with Interviews, Product Reviews, Guest Blogging, Email Marketing & More Freelance Client Mastery
      Learn How to Create an Awesome Profile That Helps You Land Lots of Jobs as a Freelancer The Ultimate Online Course Creation Blueprint
      A Complete Blueprint On Creating, Selling & Profiting With Online Courses Work From Home: My $20,000 Per Month Amazon FBA MasterPlan
      Boost Your Rankings, Traffic & Sales Overnight Good to know
      Length of time users can access courses: Lifetime Certification of completion included Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For full details, terms, and instructor info for the above courses, click here.

What's the benefit?
      This Complete Start A Side Business Bundle normally costs $1,995.20, but you can pick this up for just $25 for a limited time, that's a saving of $1,970.20 (98%) off the normal price!

>> Learn more, or get this deal now <<
      See all discounted Online Courses on offer. This is a time-limited deal.

Save even more!
      Stick with Neowin Deals and earn credit or even deeper discounts.

Check out our recent deals here or on the Neowin Deals site. For every $25 spent, you get $1 credit added to your Neowin Deals account. Refer the deal for $10 credit via social media or email and if it results in a purchase of at least $10, you'll get $10 credit added to your account. 10% off for first-time buyers: be sure not to dismiss the popup offer to subscribe to email updates on the deals page in order to profit! Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out our giveaways on the Neowin Deals website? There's also a bunch of freebies you can check out here.

Miscellany and the fine print!
      In some cases, such as with Online Courses, a store credit refund within 15 days of purchase is possible if you are unhappy with it; this does not apply to all deals, so please do check the terms on the page before making a purchase.

Check our other recent deals, before they expire, or our preferred partner software for Private Internet Access and NordVPN deals.

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs. *Values or percentages mentioned above are subject to StackCommerce's own determination of retail pricing.

• By Sszecret
      GOG to discontinue its Fair Price Package program on March 31
      by Florin Bodnarescu

Digital storefront GOG has announced that it will discontinue its Fair Price Package program at the end of next month.

The CD Projekt-owned game distribution service plans to do away with a consumer-friendly perk it was alone in offering. For those not familiar, here's how the site describes it:

As a result of this practice, GOG gave users back "12% of the game price from our own pocket", with the figure being as high as 37% in some cases. The news post pins the change in policy on the recent move towards giving developers a higher cut, which obviously diminishes the store's share:

The last sentence is particularly interesting in light of a Kotaku report which states that GOG has quietly let go "around a dozen" staffers last week. A former employee alleges that the move was done due to financial reasons:

It's perhaps not surprising in hindsight why the previously GOG-exclusive Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, launched on October 23 last year, made its way to Steam on November 9. CD Projekt's CEO, Adam Kiciński, had this to say in a financial call held in November of 2018:

In light of all this, it's not surprising that CD Projekt RED's upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 RPG won't be exclusive to either the Epic Games Store, or the company's own GOG.com.

Folks that still want to take advantage of the Fair Price Package program can do so until March 31, 2019. Wallet funds obtained via the program will be available for 12 months "from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds."

• By Steven P.
      The only thing Windows Phone 8.x users are getting in the Store is error 805a0193
      by Steven Parker

Earlier this year Microsoft announced that the definitive cutoff for Windows Phone 8.x users for app updates and downloads would be July 1, 2019, and this would follow apps no longer being able to be submitted to the store for those devices from Oct 31, 2018, which has already passed. However, users have been reporting on Twitter and Reddit that they can no longer download apps in the store and instead are greeted with an error "805a0193" message.

Although many of the tweets have gone unanswered, the @MicrosoftHelps account did respond to at least one tweet regarding problems Windows Phone users are having accessing the Store, after initially providing support to the tweet for Windows 10 Mobile:

Although we're just coming out of the weekend, which could easily be blamed for technicians not yet rectifying the access issues Windows Phone users are having, as of writing, people still can't get apps in the Store on their Windows Phone 8.x devices and @MicrosoftHelps hasn't acknowledged the issue either.

A volunteer contributor in the Microsoft Community support forums did suggest that the problem would normally be resolved "in 1-2 days", but that was posted on Friday, and here we are three days later.

Source: Windows Latest

Are you still using a Windows Phone 8.x device as a daily driver and having this issue? Let us know in the comments.

• By Ruel Revales
      Microsoft explains the August and September 2018 monthly rollup, security install issues
      by Ruel Revales

Several customers who attempted to install the August or September 2018 Monthly Rollups or security-only updates on their Windows 7 devices experienced an error in the process. Now, Microsoft has explained that this was due to the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 servicing stack update (KB 3177467) missing from their machine. That update was released way back in October 2016.

In a blog article posted to Microsoft's tech community site, the company noted that error 0x8000FFFF, which showed up when users tried to install the August 30 Monthly Rollup Preview (KB 4343894), the September 11 Monthly Rollup (KB 4457144), or the September 11 Security-only update (KB 4457145) without the KB 3177467 update. This occurred after the rollout of the Windows 7 SP1 Monthly Rollup (KB 4343900). To help resolve the issue, Microsoft advised customers to install the October 2016 Windows 7 SP1 update first, and then apply the August 30 or September 11, 2018 updates.

Microsoft believed that many customers missed the update and chose to install only the default monthly security fixes, skipping the full servicing stack, because KB 3177467 was marked “critical" and not as a security fix.

The software giant intends to reissue KB3177467 as part of the October 2018 Update on Tuesday, and categorize it as a security update to let blocked customers install the August 2018 or later monthly security-only updates. Moving forward, Microsoft will mark the servicing stack updates as "security" instead of "critical" so as to help customers avoid the same error.