Error code c101a006 when trying to buy apps on WP8.1

Since last night I've been getting this error code when trying to try or buy any app off of the store. Searched for the error code and found that this was a widespread problem during February 2013 and it's a problem with the Xbox Live network. Is anyone else getting this error? I can't find any solution other than to wait for MS to fix the problem at their end but I haven't seen anyone else saying that they're being affected by this.

I'm in the UK using a Lumia 1020 running the dev preview of 8.1 update 1

From KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781172

Error code c101a006 or "Internal Server Error"
Problem
This error code may occur if there is a temporary service disruption.

This error code may also occur when you try to download an app and there is incomplete information in your Microsoft account profile or that the Terms of Service for Xbox LIVE were not accepted.

Solution
If there may be a service disruption, you can wait a little while and then try again.

If there is incomplete information in your profile, sign in to your Microsoft account (formerly known as Windows Live ID), tap or click Edit personal info, make sure that your Birth date and Home Country/region are completed, and then tap or click Save.

Note If you see a message indicating that your password is weak, change it to something stronger. If you are prompted to add additional security information, add it.

Read on forum, Hope it works.

From your Windows 8 Phone Start screen, go for the Settings

In the list of different settings, choose system application

On the next screen, select to enter language + region

In the Country/Region box, select a supported region (preferably United Kingdom)

Set the Phone language and Regional format

On the bottom of same page, tap on the button stating restart phone

(please note that the restarting you phone is a must to do step)

Log on to xbox.com and choose the same region at the bottom of webpage

Now get back to the settings and go for phone settings

In the phone settings menu, tap the music + video settings

Drag the slider to turn on the Connect with Xbox Music option

Drag the slider to turn on the Xbox Music cloud collection option

Drag the slider to turn on the Now playing on Xbox option

Restart your phone

Yeah I checked that out earlier, checked all of my info and it's complete.

Read on forum, Hope it works.

<snip>

Looked at that as well when I was searching to see if anyone else was being affected and tried to follow the instructions but it's totally different with WP8.1, half of those settings aren't labeled the same anymore so I followed it as best I could.

I'll give it a little while and see if it resolves itself, if not then I'll contact support and see if they can help me out at all. Thanks for the input :)

Yeah I checked that out earlier, checked all of my info and it's complete.

Looked at that as well when I was searching to see if anyone else was being affected and tried to follow the instructions but it's totally different with WP8.1, half of those settings aren't labeled the same anymore so I followed it as best I could.

I'll give it a little while and see if it resolves itself, if not then I'll contact support and see if they can help me out at all. Thanks for the input :)

Try with making new MS account?

Try with making new MS account?

Good idea! Sadly it didn't fix it though :( Might just give it a hard reset, everything is backed up to SkyDrive anyways. Everyone else that's tried a reset has said that it didn't fix it but it does seem like this isn't a problem at MS's end so no harm in giving it a shot!

Good idea! Sadly it didn't fix it though :( Might just give it a hard reset, everything is backed up to SkyDrive anyways. Everyone else that's tried a reset has said that it didn't fix it but it does seem like this isn't a problem at MS's end so no harm in giving it a shot!

That's the last option then for sure. Give it a try.

It worked! Not sure what the actual problem was seeing as a reset doesn't seem to work for anyone else but all that matters is it's fixed :P

It worked! Not sure what the actual problem was seeing as a reset doesn't seem to work for anyone else but all that matters is it's fixed :p

Good thing.. Enjoy!!!

• Like 1