Man blows himself up after family feud

BERLIN ?  Police say a man angered by a family feud has set off explosives outside his house in Germany, killing himself and wounding seven people in a small village.

Police spokesman Thomas Rodemer said that following an argument inside his home in Homberg village in Hesse state, the 49-year-old man drove away in his car, then returned and blew himself up inside the vehicle parked outside the house.

The seven people slightly wounded by debris from the explosion included family members, neighbors and two police officers who had been called to settle the family argument.  The blast also damaged neighboring homes.

Rodemer said the bomber had a license to use explosives and that police are investigating the case.

source

At least he didn't decide to jump on a bus and kill a whole bunch of other people. That is usually what you are in for when you read a headline like "Man blows himself  up"

I don't know what's worse... the fact I read the title as "Man blows himself" because the tab cut it off... or the fact I thought this had to do with family feud the show after I saw the whole title... :huh:

• Like 1