NOAA DSCOVR (Falcon 9) mission

I've been looking forward to this launch, especially the changes to the Hydraulic system (however minor) and the approach for S1 Landing. They're going to come in at almost twice the speed as before? That should make things interesting.

Here's to everyone involved with hopes that everything works flawlessly. We need this system, badly. :yes:

The re-entry physical loads are going to be ~2x a normal launch, and there won't be a boostback burn. This of course adds risk, and provides a worst-case test. Even if it fails, they learn.

Also, the SatMex-ABS dual-manifested Boeing 702SP launch on the 27th will not have legs or make a landing attempt - no margins.

The insertion orbit is 187 km x 1,241,000 km x 37

Ahh, so this is a "worst-case" and "stress-test" all in one. Lots of engineering data to go over even if it doesn't work. I hadn't read that part.

Thanks, DocM. You're always on top of things in these threads. : :fun:

The main issue was an Engineering problem they were troubleshooting but couldn't work through today. There's always tomorrow. They've got people like Marty and the gang on their crews who will get this sorted out, no worries. :yes:

YouTube Live was working very nicely as well. Zero issues, streaming at 1080p with ZERO lag and serving upwards of 7500 viewers too.

Getting better, folks. Wonder what the Livestream stats were.

Damn, just found this thread and got all cosy.

I'm not into it that much, but I do enjoy and appreciate all the stuff you post, DocM, so thanks for that (Y)

• Like 2