XP SP2 Theme Patcher

your best bet for a quick fix may be to grab the uxtheme.dll that was backed up (if you chose to back up your files when installing the SP, usually to %windir%\system\$NTServicePackUninstall$, dropping it into system32, and seeing if it works. I can't see much functionality being changed to the skin service

your best bet for a quick fix may be to grab the uxtheme.dll that was backed up (if you chose to back up your files when installing the SP, usually to %windir%\system\$NTServicePackUninstall$, dropping it into system32, and seeing if it works. I can't see much functionality being changed to the skin service

nope doesn't work. Give an error when you try to view the theme.

I know Vorte[x] patched all the alpha SP's. I'll ask him when i see him again if he can do this one. I think they've made it a little harder though this time around.

I think they've made it a little harder though this time around.

Perfect example why I do not like MS as a company. They're always doing crap like this. And they have very little to gain from it.

Cream is right Vortex did them for all the SP1 BETA's but he also did it for SP2 Build 1213... That can be downloaded Here

I would expect him to release one for BETA1 soon.