XP SP2 Theme Patcher

Can someone create a patcher with a DLL that works? I tried manually replacing the uxtheme.dll with the ones in this forum and when I boot the PC, it get to the Windows Logo and the bar keeps going and going.

Not sure what is happening. This PC had SP1 and I used the AutoPatcher with all the SP1 Fixes that was created a while ago. It also patched the DLL.

Sorry people, how [...] must someone be to apply a patch of a system dll from an unknown source and wonder that his machine doesn't start anymore ? I am glad I have Window Blinds installed. No worries about MS updates at all... :devil:

Sorry people, how [...] must someone be to apply a patch of a system dll from an unknown source and wonder that his machine doesn't start anymore ? I am glad I have Window Blinds installed. No worries about MS updates at all... :devil:

Hey trollboy, if you knew enough about the community, you would know that vorte[x] is a very well known source of hacked dll's and such. Go back to the windowblinds forum if you love it so much.

you can do it in safe mode. wha tyou must do is make sure there is no copy of uxtheme.dll in dllcache and the service pack/i386 folder. after those are gone, rename the one in system32 and copy the uxtheme.dll hacked into the system32 folder.

only a complete idiot would download and install this on their computer

well i have it installed and it's working great. Considering hacking the dll is the only way of getting thrid party theme support for free, I'm oging with it. You, my friend, are the idiot for not knowing the trustworthy sources. Seriously, would creamhackered have even posted it if it wasn't clean? Move on you n00b.

using things like windowblinds and stylexp doesn't prove you aren't an idiot and using hacked dlls doesn't prove you are,so just cool it windowsblinds fans ,it's not the users' fault

sp2 now is just the 1st beta version and no one expects it to be perfect,it causes other problems also

WTF are these n00bs all bitching about? Do you know who creamhackered is? If he says its good then you know it must be right. He won't risk his or Neowin's reputation just to look cool.

The peeps round here have been doing this sort of stuff since the early days of XP. Why pay someone for something you can do perfectly well for free?

Anyway Windows Blinds sucks resources. A patched uxtheme.dll consumes none.

Q

i have no problems with hacking and replacing dll's... i always back up my old dll's and if my system refuses to boot i can always boot another os because i multiboot... and windowblinds is just crap imo

Anyway Windows Blinds sucks resources. A patched uxtheme.dll consumes none.

Completely wrong. The design service uses more ressources, but You don't see it because it is hidden in svchost services in task manager... If You use WB You can simply switch the service off. But enough, I apologize entering this thread. Was quite upset yesterday... To each his own...