XP SP2 Theme Patcher

Erm I tried booting into safe mode and replacing the System32 uxtheme.dll file with this new custom one. All that happend was I got an error message saying "Cannot replace uxtheme.dll. File is in use" I assume this means that the theme service is running and it cannot replace the Dll because this service is using it. (Even in safe mode). How do I replace the dll while the theme service is still in use? Alternatively can someone make an updated version of the neowin theme patcher? At least this way I don't even have to boot into safe mode.

Thanks in advance.

Q

Windows Blinds sucks resources. A patched uxtheme.dll consumes none.

No, but if you're using an msstyles theme, it'll take up more resources than if you were running Windows Classic.

I tried booting into safe mode and replacing the System32 uxtheme.dll file with this new custom one. All that happend was I got an error message saying "Cannot replace uxtheme.dll. File is in use" I assume this means that the theme service is running and it cannot replace the Dll because this service is using it. (Even in safe mode). How do I replace the dll while the theme service is still in use? Alternatively can someone make an updated version of the neowin theme patcher? At least this way I don't even have to boot into safe mode.
Boot in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Jeez neowins popularity grew because a bunch of enthusiasts waiting for Whistler/XP to develop and release in its beta stages finally had a place to discuss the new builds and releases, I know i had a lot to do with the SP1 betas coming out and people were more then happy to download and try them out, its getting pretty sad to see all these people complaining that other people use betas or patched files, or whatever. All StylesXP does is patch the file plus add a program to use resources in the first place, when that program is not needed. If noone tested these things where would the computing world be now?

all you have to do is rename the current uxtheme to uxtheme.bak and then paste in the new one. Make sure you remove the backup copiesfrom dllcache and servicepackfiles first.

First of all, you guys can use a program called replacer (Google it) to replace the uxtheme.dll without going into safe mode w/command prompt and all that, it's MUCH easier all you'll have to do is reboot. Secondly, why would you want to put a BETA service pack on your system? Unless you're an actual beta tester providing feedback about the stability and security and such of said beta, I see no reason for installing it, wait for the final release. And finally, isn't there someone who can post instructions as to HOW to hack the .dll specifically so that we don't have to rely on other's hacked .dll's, we can do our own so that we are certain to have the correct version?