Parents Reportedly Throwing

These anti-vaxxers ###### me off.  You don't want to get vaccinated to protect against PREVENTABLE diesease?

At least I'm up on all of my shots so I don't have to worry when these idiots start dropping like flies, the world could use a little less stupid I guess.

• Like 3

Think so?  1600s was an average of 35 in England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

So it really depends on WHAT time period you are discussing.

http://demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

So where is this proven false many times?

That and citing a person who lived to be 100 during that time doesn't defeat the average for the same reason that if a person was discovered today to have lived to be 200 that wouldn't mean all or even most people live to that age derp.

These anti-vaxxers ###### me off. You don't want to get vaccinated to protect against PREVENTABLE diesease?

At least I'm up on all of my shots so I don't have to worry when these idiots start dropping like flies, the world could use a little less stupid I guess.

Sadly they tend not to kill themselves, Instead they end up killing the weakest in society.
  • Like 2

What really hurts is mixed messages.

Women's daytime TV puts on people like (former Playboy centerfold, now women's TV maven) Jenny McCarthy, who has an autistic child and has gone off on a thinly veiled anti-vaccine tear; vaccines are OK, but we give too many in the schedule. She also assotiates herself with anti-vaccine physicians quacks.

She's been spewing for nearly a decade, and served a stint as a co-host on The View women's talk show which is widely watched.

Then there's Dr. Oz, who has a TV "health" show which the medical community (and Congress) cringes over. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, saying he's pro-vaccine but then saying he won't give his kids flu vaccines.

These idiots are seen by tens of millions of people every time they flap their gums.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, your government is here to help.

It's junk like this that wastes people time as well as misinform.  Even the Autism Foundations had to waste their time and publicly announce their is no relation.

Isn't there a spare island and hermetically seal-able dome we can use for these idiots, i mean, this is happening in America, can;t they be sued or something, you know, for the good of the rest of humanity.

Yup, a lot of the vaccine deniers are the big pundits, on both sides, on TV. The ones who rile up soccer moms against vaccines, however, are the libs on daytime TV.

Yeah this isn't a right/left political issue, it's a mix of the "don't trust the government" newsmax people on the right and the "all-natural granola crunchy" people on the left.

Let's hold hands on this one, Doc <3

Yeah this isn't a right/left political issue, it's a mix of the "don't trust the government" newsmax people on the right and the "all-natural granola crunchy" people on the left.

Let's hold hands on this one, Doc <3

Yep, sometimes the two groups views overlap in an unholy unity of utter stupidity.

On that note, I don't trust the government about the safety of produce sprayed with pesticides so I am going the all natural route of eating some of my own hate-free, organically grown hemlock.

• Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155168508795632&set=a.322130010631.336875.730360631&type=1

On February 9th, I received a phone call from York Region Public Health, informing me that Griffin, alongside my mother and I, was potentially exposed to the measles virus while attending a newborn weigh-in appointment at my doctor

anti vaccine nutters will soon be heard complaining that their kids aren't allowed at school or the local park for fear of spreading Cholera and small Pox :woot:  do the world a favor Vaccinate your efing child or not in the end your stupidity will come back to bite your kid on the ass  

• Like 2

Well that escalated quickly.

I fear a lot of the arguments raging on Facebook just now will be of the level of YouTube comments.

anti vaccine nutters will soon be heard complaining that their kids aren't allowed at school or the local park for fear of spreading Cholera and small Pox :woot:  do the world a favor Vaccinate your efing child or not in the end your stupidity will come back to bite your kid on the ass  

Mississippi provides no exemptions for vaccines -- get them or your kid doesn't go to school.

I'm not sure how to comment on that.

No.

Or they think autism is worse.  Got defriended last night by an autism mom who has gone all-in on anti-vaxxing, but not before she replied to a post on FB that she'd rather take the chance of her younger son getting hurt than have to go through another autistic child.

While I know it's not easy, my sympathies only run so deep when you dehumanize your kid, take a second child's life in your hands, not to mention all the kids around them.

Kids too young or already immunocompromised who depend on the herd immunity beg to differ,

Is this imbecilic mom actually aware that the "scientist" that made this so called autism link with vaccines freely admitted to lying about the whole thing later on?  If she believed his lie, why deny his confession?

You just can't fix stupid, I guess... Not even with a vaccine!

• Like 1

The EU is joining the US in the Anti-Vaxer crowd.  Measles have grown 378% since 2007.

Biggest offenders.  France, Germany, Spain, Romania and Great Brittan.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/07/anti-vaxxer-disease-spreads-to-europe.html

It looks like there was over 31,000+ cases reported in that region last year.  Seems there are a lot of people across the planet that need some education on vaccines here.   The EU needs a lot of help, Canada and the US are doing well by comparison.

The article is patently untrue. It's well known that the increase in such diseases is due mostly to the migration from former Eastern European or Middle Eastern nations where immunization was nowhere near as prevalent.

Sure, we have some anti-vaxxers; idiots get everywhere, but they're not responsible for the main increase in outbreaks.

AIDs has been mentioned a few times, I followed up once with a tongue and cheek remark, but for a response a little more serious I guess you could say the AIDs party is happening in Africa. While not anti-vax, we have anti-condoms/contraception over there which is just as bad IMO. Trying to contain spreading is equally as important while potential vaccinations are being worked on.

You can thank the work of the Catholic church for much of that...

Where as in America the immigrants are usually better vaccinated than the us citizens! Some of which havnt had a measles case for decades.

Where as in America the immigrants are usually better vaccinated than the us citizens! Some of which havnt had a measles case for decades.

They probably didn't have to pay a fortune for it... :p

• Like 2

They probably didn't have to pay a fortune for it... :p

Ahem...

For those with insurance vaccines are covered. For low incomes there's a flood of programs at both the State and Federal level, and they support vaccination drives by civic organizations, schools, churches and other religious centers etc.

From the CDC site,

Where to Get Vaccinated

Vaccines may be available at private doctor offices, public or community health clinics, or other community locations (such as schools/universities, pharmacies, religious centers or places of worship). If you have a doctor or regular source of care, speak with your provider about vaccines recommended for you and your family.

Adult Vaccine Finder

The Adult Vaccine Finder locates the providers of recommended adult vaccine near you. Simply enter your zip code or city and state to find mapped locations of adult vaccine providers.

Locate a Health Center Near You

If you do not currently have a regular source of care, federally funded health centers provide a number of health care services even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. Federally-funded health centers provide:

Immunizations and checkups for your children

Checkups when you're well

Treatment when you're sick

Complete care when you're pregnant

Dental care and prescription drugs for your family

Mental health and substance abuse care if you need it

Health centers are in most cities and many rural areas. Type in your zip code and click the 'Find Centers' button to find health centers near you.

>

Is this imbecilic mom actually aware that the "scientist" that made this so called autism link with vaccines freely admitted to lying about the whole thing later on?  If she believed his lie, why deny his confession?

You just can't fix stupid, I guess... Not even with a vaccine!

Conspiracy theorists believe he was pressured into it.

Now the latest going around is that vaccines don't cause autism directly, they cause demyelination which leads to neurological damage which leads to autism.  At that point I pretty much let her have it.

Or this: http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/obama-grants-immunity-to-cdc-whistleblower-on-measles-vaccine-link-to-autism/