If S6 fails then Flagship is dead for Android

What part did you not understand? Flagship, it's an OS. I hope Microsoft releases a phone soon running Flagship.

What the hell are you talking about? ACTIONpack is talking about the S6 being Samsung's next flagship phone, there is no OS named 'Flagship'.

See, to me the microsd has no use..... same with the removable battery. 

So I can put pictures on the microsd as well as video and music, can't put apps on it.  My phone mainly has apps, not pictures, videos, or even music.  Get phone with more storage is the solution to my problem.  As far as battery goes, I can get one of these http://www.amazon.com/Battery-13000mAh-Portable-External-Cellphones/dp/B00K64WR9C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1425501203&sr=8-7&keywords=external+battery to charge and keep my phone alive in case it dies during the day and I am not near power.  Charges it fast too ;)

Doesn't Android allow installing apps on the cards?

I think the original post was trying to articulate the idea that top android phones may reach a point of diminishing returns.

Yes. To the average user, a brand new S5 offers nothing more than an used S3 and costs 6X as much.

The absolute hyperbole in this thread is off the scale.

"The end of samsung"

"The end of android"

It's their decision, not yours...  We (myself included) do not care if you leave Company A for Company B for the features you like...

It's about preferences (such as options, features) as long as they work (or are useful) for them, no matter if it is for personal or work usages.

If they are not happy with what the company A has been doing with their product, they can leave for company B if they want to... 

I don't understand Samsung's train of thought at all.

The reason I bought Samsung's were for the Micro-SD, plastic body and removable battery. It seems they didn't like having me as a Customer. No worry, I'll just go to the next Phone Company that has all of those features, and if I find none, I'll just get an iPhone which is what all these featureless "premium" metal phones are trying to be.

AMEN!

Plus with the new GLASS back, phones are going be getting cracked right and left. I DON'T WANT MY PHONE TO HAVE A GLASS BACK. ... all the other Samsung were plastic. When your phone gets dropped and it lands on the plastic doesn't crack / shatter.

As someone else pointed out ...Long Live the Galaxy S5!

It's their decision, not yours...  We (myself included) do not care if you leave Company A for Company B for the features you like...

It's about preferences (such as options, features) as long as they work (or are useful) for them, no matter if it is for personal or work usages.

If they are not happy with what the company A has been doing with their product, they can leave for company B if they want to... 

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Expect HTC One M9 is not even better in any way then my HTC One M7  expect a slight bump in specs that makes no real difference to me running the apps that i do.

visually it is same, and i question the value of the large dual speakers if they are the cause of the large bezel on the display.    why keep a giant (and, now, useless black bar with HTC logo under the screen)

looks are nice, but it the same 3rd year in a row.     so the novelty is lost.     other then that, i am not liking the direction that HTC is taking with software either.

MicroSD expansion, bigger battery, better camera...

@OP, what is wrong with you? Your post is poorly written, and makes no sense at all.

MicroSD expansion, bigger battery, better camera...

they added microsd?  i did not know that from original announcements. maybe because i have not had microsd in any smartphone i had, that i did not care as much.  i will look(or wait) for proper reviews.

actually, i am very curious now, if samsung will make galaxy s6 active... and how will it look.

they added microsd?  i did not know that from original announcements. maybe because i have not had microsd in any smartphone i had, that i did not care as much.  i will look(or wait) for proper reviews.

actually, i am very curious now, if samsung will make galaxy s6 active... and how will it look.

The MicroSD expansion was in the M8...I've had it in my first few smartphones, but really cloud storage and NAS have made me no longer reliant on MicroSD expansion. I have all my music stored on Google Play Music All Access (what a terrible name!), and my NAS serves me pictures, movies, tv shows anywhere in the world. I have 64 GB of internal storage, so I have some media on the off chance I don't have access to the internet (which is in reality never)

@OP, what is wrong with you? Your post is poorly written, and makes no sense at all.

Perhaps English is his second language, in which case there is nothing wrong with it...

Perhaps English is his second language, in which case there is nothing wrong with it...

drunk when posted, is also a very likely possibility, since the OP other posts were usually making way more sense, and i think his english is better then that on average.

drunk when posted, is also a very likely possibility, since the OP other posts were usually making way more sense, and i think his english is better then that on average.

That's terrible for being drunk...His other posts are generally poorly written. English is a pretty flexible language, but if that's the OP's primary/first language...

That's terrible for being drunk...His other posts are generally poorly written. English is a pretty flexible language, but if that's the OP's primary/first language...

i did not say that.   

i am just staying he was likely drunk when he posted, so it is more obvious.   i did not say it was his first language. it could be though... depending on how drunk :rolleyes:

I have a winning topic! YEAP LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see flagship in general dead. We have the Apple iPhone with most people buys the high end. You saw what happen when they made the C model. It didn't go anywhere. Google Android 5.0 is not really a good OS in general. There are a lot of issues only 1% of the users are using the latest version most are on 4.4 and we still have 2.3 users at double digits percentage in market shares. S6 is not much different better cpu/gpu, better screen and better material to make it. No removable battery, no micro SD and no waterproof. Android is Samsung Galaxy S. It's the brand that made Android popular. People on the Android user side don't spend $600 a year on phones like Apple users.

Microsoft on the other hand try to sell lower end phone when there users want a flagship plus the Windows 10 will be the new XP with computers and I think with Phones.

That's why if S6 fails then Android flagship phones will fail in general.

Have you forgotten that those Galaxy S devices cost almost as much if not more than iPhones?

At this point I'd be content with buying a S5 and installing a custom ROM on it and call it a day for a year or two.

I bought a Galaxy S5 LTE-A. Snapdragon 805, 3GB of RAM, and a quad-HD screen. Still get to have a removable battery and micro-sd. CM12 is now on this device as well.

See, to me the microsd has no use..... same with the removable battery. 

So I can put pictures on the microsd as well as video and music, can't put apps on it.  My phone mainly has apps, not pictures, videos, or even music.  Get phone with more storage is the solution to my problem.  As far as battery goes, I can get one of these http://www.amazon.com/Battery-13000mAh-Portable-External-Cellphones/dp/B00K64WR9C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1425501203&sr=8-7&keywords=external+battery to charge and keep my phone alive in case it dies during the day and I am not near power.  Charges it fast too ;)

I am kind of on the fence about the SD card battery thing. The only time I needed to pull the battery is if the custom roms are bad. SD card is ok so long as they make the 128gb version of said device isn't too over the type on some device.

I am kind of on the fence about the SD card battery thing. The only time I needed to pull the battery is if the custom roms are bad. SD card is ok so long as they make the 128gb version of said device isn't too over the type on some device.

SD cards are essential.  Why?  Because the high storage variants are ALWAYS late to market, and never seem to arrive in the UK!

I have a good feeling about Galaxy S6. This phone will do well if priced aggressively. It depends on Samsung whether they want to make it successful and re-capture the lost market. First time I was (slightly) tempted to buy a Samsung instead of RAM crippled iPhone 6.

• 1 month later...

As far as I'm concerned the Galaxy Note 4 I just switched to is the greatest phone ever and it will be a good while before I even think about another phone.

That is because the Note 4 is a PHABLET - it's basically a cross between the S5 and Tab 4.  (While the Note 4 is the same size - and same price, oddly enough - as the Tab 4, most of the other features are shared with the S5, including the camera and screen resolution.)

My issue with the Note 4 is the screen resolution/screen-size conundrum (that is an issue with most newer phablets - it's not unique to the Note 4) - the resolution is way too tall for the screen size.  (The base Note 4 - like the Tab 4 - is 7"; however, the Note 4 has a taller resolution than my DESKTOP - which has a 23" 1920x1080 display.  In my opinion, that's Just Plain Wrong.  Why in Ned do you need a resolution that tall in a 7" size?)

That is because the Note 4 is a PHABLET - it's basically a cross between the S5 and Tab 4.  (While the Note 4 is the same size - and same price, oddly enough - as the Tab 4, most of the other features are shared with the S5, including the camera and screen resolution.)

My issue with the Note 4 is the screen resolution/screen-size conundrum (that is an issue with most newer phablets - it's not unique to the Note 4) - the resolution is way too tall for the screen size.  (The base Note 4 - like the Tab 4 - is 7"; however, the Note 4 has a taller resolution than my DESKTOP - which has a 23" 1920x1080 display.  In my opinion, that's Just Plain Wrong.  Why in Ned do you need a resolution that tall in a 7" size?)

What?

Note 4 is 5.7 inches, not 7.  I agree its overkill for the device, but thats the direction things have gone. Eventually we will see 4k displays as well in that size.

I think smart phones will continue to improve as chip manufacturing improves. I think the number of people who care about flagships will dwindle as even the low end devices will be good enough... and at lower clock speeds, etc... will have a better battery life. the only thing I think that could change that is if phones become dockable to a keyboard/monitor/mouse  and could double as a real work machine rather than being a portable toy.