Oklahoma Frat Boys Caught Singing 'There Will Never Be A N***** In SAE'

Did you really need to post this twice?

Histrotically black colleges are under the same rules if they accept federal funding but many are private institutions. No crackers? White people do attend historically black colleges and that always has been the case. At some HBCUs, black people are actually the minority of the student body. Shocker! Knowing is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Can you cite any sources where any HBCU (that accepts federal funding) allowed a sanctioned on campus organization or event to create a hostile envirovent for white students and someone was not punished?

Isn't there a historically black college in West Virginia that is 90% white?  I can't think of the name right now.

• Like 1

Well, when you see one on the news, you can make a thread about it.

Until then, I am not going to deal with hypotheticals.

this is nothing more than reverse racism and a president of the university getting advice from lawyers to act swift and act fast to lessen the collateral damage.

Its BS - was it morally wrong ?  - maybe, Are they being made examples of and potentially having their college and potentially adulthood ruined over this ?  yes.

For anyone to think for 1 second that all of the black this, black that, isn't another way of saying "no whities" - you are sadly naive.

Simple fact - if the roles were reversed - it probably wouldn't make the news...

its OK to be pro black, but not pro white. (and pro black is anti-white) not to mention black scholarships, black awards, geez I could go on until the internet broke.

Oh - it was dbl. posted by accident.

Thanks for confirming they don't recieve federal funding.

They get things for free, others dont -

It doesnt matter if a couple white people go to Grambling - what matters is it is commonly accepted & considered as a black college.

Go to a Prairie View A&M game against Grambling - and tell me those arent black colleges.

Sorry seta-san - I didnt see you already posted the thing about the BSA

this is nothing more than reverse racism and a president of the university getting advice from lawyers to act swift and act fast to lessen the collateral damage.

Its BS - was it morally wrong ?  - maybe, Are they being made examples of and potentially having their college and potentially adulthood ruined over this ?  yes.

For anyone to think for 1 second that all of the black this, black that, isn't another way of saying "no whities" - you are sadly naive.

Simple fact - if the roles were reversed - it probably wouldn't make the news...

its OK to be pro black, but not pro white. (and pro black is anti-white) not to mention black scholarships, black awards, geez I could go on until the internet broke.

Oh - it was dbl. posted by accident.

Unbelieveable!

Seta-san looked like he had the dumbest commet of the day all wraped up with like 3 or 4 entries in the running but T3X4S comes in at the last second and totally crushes all with this gem. I am not going to reply any further since this comment stands by itself for all to see. Congratulations T3X4S!

You know the Internet is forver right? God, I hope your kids never see this comment of yours.

It doesnt matter if a couple white people go to Grambling - what matters is it is commonly accepted & considered as a black college.

Go to a Prairie View A&M game against Grambling - and tell me those arent black colleges.

Why does it matter if people consider it as a black college when anyone can apply and go to that University?

You've pretty much solidified what I suspected about you for a few years now. Your stereotypical views on people are very strong and toxic. In the end, your lack of empathy towards other people who don't share our complexion, gives me the added energy to make sure my young kids will never share your kind of thinking.

And say things like "ANTI RACIST IS A CODE WORD FOR ANTI WHITE" or is that left for that "other forum"

since looking at this myself. I say that they shouldn't be punished.

the reason?

the college accepts federal funds. because of this the right to free speech should be absolute. I'm sick of seeing colleges being turned into hug boxes with speech codes.

you don't like what they said? so what?

did it hurt your feelings? were you offended? so what.

we should all collectively be upset that these people's right to free speech is being trampled on, no matter how disgusting the speech was.

You seem to have missed two facts.  One, the university has student policies in place which clearly state what is not acceptable as well as possible  punishment.  As a student, you accept these terms upon enrollment.

Two,  There are a great number of exemptions to free speech in the law books.

Unbelieveable!

Seta-san looked like he had the dumbest commet of the day all wraped up with like 3 or 4 entries in the running but T3X4S comes in at the last second and totally crushes all with this gem. I am not going to reply any further since this comment stands by itself for all to see. Congratulations T3X4S!

You know the Internet is forver right? God, I hope your kids never see this comment of yours.

Thank You.  bye.

Why does it matter if people consider it as a black college when anyone can apply and go to that University?

Because its a commonly accepted double standard.

You've pretty much solidified what I suspected about you for a few years now. Your stereotypical views on people are very strong and toxic. In the end, your lack of empathy towards other people who don't share our complexion, gives me the added energy to make sure my young kids will never share your kind of thinking.

There is truth in stereotypes. Otherwise they would never have the longevity they do.

I cannot tell you how sick I am of seeing people throw out the "freedom of speech" card whenever they say stupid stuff like this.  For the record, yes, in "America" we have freedom of speech.  You can say whatever you want, when you want, to whomever you want.  However, it's important that you understand this one thing: Freedom of Speech is NOT freedom from consequence.  If someone runs into an airport and yells "bomb!!!" that's freedom of speech.  It doesn't mean they won't get locked up for saying it.  Just like if someone says they want to hurt someone (like the president).  You can say it.  But the secret service will be at your door to question you.

I know what you're trying to say, but the way you're writing it makes no sense. That's like saying I have Freedom of Murder so I can go kill someone but I'm going to get arrested for it because there are consequences.

• Like 1

Thank You.  bye.

There is truth in stereotypes. Otherwise they would never have the longevity they do.

The colleges around me are historically white colleges. Don't believe me? compare how many whites go their vs the population. Their is no double standard. I grew up thinking like you did that black TV and Black colleges where "racist". It did not take long to recognize how wrong I was when it truly dawned on me that the rest of TV and colleges where "white" colleges. The only sad part about it all is how neither side seems to have much of an interest in unity and one culture. 

• Like 1

Thank You.  bye.

I have this printed and posted in my office because I always get young troops from the back-woods who have the same toxic frame of mind as you do:

"When people rely on surface appearances and false racial stereotypes, rather than in-depth knowledge of others at the level of the heart, mind and spirit, their ability to assess and understand people accurately is compromised."

The colleges around me are historically white colleges. Don't believe me? compare how many whites go their vs the population. Their is no double standard. I grew up thinking like you did that black TV and Black colleges where "racist". It did not take long to recognize how wrong I was when it truly dawned on me that the rest of TV and colleges where "white" colleges. The only sad part about it all is how neither side seems to have much of an interest in unity and one culture.

Decades ago I had a similar experience with a black friend of mine. I too did not understand the whole "black college, black television (BET), black this, black that", until he brought up some interesting points and I also had to do some soul searching. My conclusion, I have always had "white television, white colleges, white restaurants, and white jobs".

When there is a WET - White Entertainment Television, then its even.  I understand what you are saying - that all the channels should theoretically have the "White" in their title - but that simply isnt true.

This is like a religion discussion/debate - nothing will be solved here, nobody is going to change years of thinking based on comments from someone in a forum.

JHBrown - I dont rely on color of skin - I rely on the common characteristics of people.  I realize not all are like that - but enough are.

For everyone thinking they are better because they are color blind - guess what... they are not.

When there is a WET - White Entertainment Television, then its even.  I understand what you are saying - that all the channels should theoretically have the "White" in their title - but that simply isnt true.

Instead of complaining, why don't you discuss the need for unification? The only thing I can agree on here is that its a modern form of segregation, but it is by no means the whites or blacks fault entirely. Neither seem willing to integrate one another into a single culture and that is the real problem. Black should not be a culture and neither should white. We should be striving for a shared identity. Your comments hinder this as much as the networks you describe.

Decades ago I had a similar experience with a black friend of mine. I too did not understand the whole "black college, black television (BET), black this, black that", until he brought up some interesting points and I also had to do some soul searching. My conclusion, I have always had "white television, white colleges, white restaurants, and white jobs".

I think there's a misconception that just because something isn't labeled "black entertainment" that it is "white entertainment"

Nowadays, most TV shows are really more of a "general audience" entertainment, which includes black people. If you go back some decades, I would agree with you though. TV was much less diverse then, but I don't think you need an Apple Watch to tell you it's 2015.

• Like 2

This is like a religion discussion/debate - nothing will be solved here, nobody is going to change years of thinking based on comments from someone in a forum.

JHBrown - I dont rely on color of skin - I rely on the common characteristics of people.  I realize not all are like that - but enough are.

For everyone thinking they are better because they are color blind - guess what... they are not.

Oh I don't know you've done a good job of alienating your fellow conservatives here so it was a worthwhile discussion

A former Sigma Alpha Epsilon brother from Oklahoma State University has come forward to say that racism was part of the fraternity's culture - and not exclusive to one campus.

It comes a day after the University of Oklahoma shut down its SAE frat house and expelled two members for conducting racist chants on a coach trip last Saturday.

The Oklahoma State graduate, now in his thirties and who wishes to remain anonymous, told DailyMail.com that the footage didn't surprise him and that similar things happened at his school.

'I can promise you that any SAE who saw the Oklahoma University racist bus chant story thought, "yup, pretty much how it was when I was in house."

'Racism is a part of the SAE culture. They say that it's because SAE is the only antebellum fraternity still in existence.

'We had numerous "rituals" that were outright racist, including one where we designated pledges with a "n***** name".

'Hell... We hung the flags of the confederate states outside our house for a month every year, (note: not THE confederate flag, but the secession states), regardless, the message was clear'.

[...]

'A few years before I was a member, they made the pledges dress in blackface and pick cotton on the front lawn. This was during the same Founder's Day/Plantation Ball (yup, plantation) celebration that occurs every year.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988767/Racism-culture-Oklahoma-State-graduate-reveals-SAE-pledges-designated-N-pick-cotton-lawn.html