What would your ideal Recycle Bin look like?

yeah, so keep saying "who does that" when millions do... you can't rationalize removing functionality with "who still does that".. while we are at it, lets get rid of drag and drop all together, right?.....

I haven't seen people open the bin in years let alone waste time trying to drag stuff to it. It's time to let go of some of this 1990's workflow. There's delete options all over the GUI.

• Like 2

Just make it flat. The one we have in build 10049 works fine, but they could remove the angle perspective.

I haven't seen people open the bin in years let alone waste time trying to drag stuff to it.

really? because I see this every day... working in a large corporation you see it non stop

Drag a file? Who still does that, really? There's fast methods of removing old files.

Right click -> Delete.

There's also a delete key on your keyboard.

Boom. Gone.

Dude.. I want some of whatever you are on.. and I would totally buy your standup routine.

.. live tile recycle bin...

.. recycle bin in the start menu...

.. people not dragging to recycle bin..

Dude you are funny.

hapssh.gif 

• Like 3

Drag a file? Who still does that, really? There's fast methods of removing old files.

Right click -> Delete.

There's also a delete key on your keyboard.

Boom. Gone.

Dang man.  You are just wanting to remove all kinds of options.  I love the ol' drag n drop to the desktop considering my default download location is the desktop (and then I move the file to where it needs to be...or the recycle bin).

Your way isn't better ... nor is my way.  Just because your method is quicker for you doesn't mean that it is quicker for me (and vice versa).  Why do you always insinuate that your way is the only (or better) way?

I haven't seen people open the bin in years let alone waste time trying to drag stuff to it. It's time to let go of some of this 1990's workflow. There's delete options all over the GUI.

oh come on. You work IT right?  Get out from behind the desk and go to computers instead of remote desktop.  You'll see people drag/drop items the recycle bin constantly.

• Like 2

I haven't seen people open the bin in years let alone waste time trying to drag stuff to it.

You also live in a fantasy world of tablets and touch screens.  I personally open the recycle bin quite often to undelete or check for delete dates.  I also drag stuff to the recycle bin quite a lot.

Nothing new here. Dot thinks the fact that he doesn't use some functionality means it should be removed for everyone. In other equally shocking news, the earth rotates and the sun is a ball of gas.

I personally don't even use the recycle bin, I delete files directly, but as the drag function is still used why remove it? It's not like removing it will make any real world difference to the performance of the OS.

Dang man. You are just wanting to remove all kinds of options. I love the ol' drag n drop to the desktop considering my default download location is the desktop (and then I move the file to where it needs to be...or the recycle bin).

Your way isn't better ... nor is my way. Just because your method is quicker for you doesn't mean that it is quicker for me (and vice versa). Why do you always insinuate that your way is the only (or better) way?

oh come on. You work IT right? Get out from behind the desk and go to computers instead of remote desktop. You'll see people drag/drop items the recycle bin constantly.

Considering the desktop is disabled on tablets... That's not going to do much

I didn't realize that desktops were being phazed out and replaced with tablets.. I thought that was the big argument with 8 was that MS was betting on it.. and the majority of the world was like Uhm nope.. which is still valid today.

Lets just remove drag and drop altogether! That'll fix that problem.

In any case, I like the looks of the most recent one that we've seen.

Wait what?  My desktop computer is going to morph into a tablet device?   :/

I didn't realize that desktops were being phazed out and replaced with tablets.. I thought that was the big argument with 8 was that MS was betting on it.. and the majority of the world was like Uhm nope.. which is still valid today.

Consisting the large company I work for hasn't invested in desktops in the last ten years, and is in the middle of a large iPad deployment, I'd say otherwise.

Wait what?  My desktop computer is going to morph into a tablet device?   :/

Come on, what are you like! Devices that do a million things badly but nothing well are the future. If you're not a devices and services man you don't belong in IT...

:p

Consisting the large company I work for hasn't infested in desktops in the last ten years, and is in the middle of a large iPad deployment, I'd say otherwise.

So.. the "large" company you work for.. is replacing all the employees computers with iPads?  I doubt it.  Giving employees iPads.. yes I can see that.. good for on the go shiz.  But I would be hard pressed to believe that within the next 5 years.. I could walk through the company and every single employee would have an iPad hooked up to a monitor and bluetooth keyboard working day to day.

• Like 1

Consisting the large company I work for hasn't invested in desktops in the last ten years, and is in the middle of a large iPad deployment, I'd say otherwise.

ahh, two can play at this game.

The large "company"  I work for (400 thousand+ "employees") did a refresh in 2014...we got new desktops.  It seems that these large "refreshes" happen every 3-4 years.

So.. the "large" company you work for.. is replacing all the employees computers with iPads? I doubt it. Giving employees iPads.. yes I can see that.. good for on the go shiz. But I would be hard pressed to believe that within the next 5 years.. I could walk through the company and every single employee would have an iPad hooked up to a monitor and bluetooth keyboard working day to day.

Lots of companies are in the middle of large scale mobile deployments. You'll see alot in the next 5-10 years.

Lots of companies are in the middle of large scale mobile deployments. You'll see alot in the next 5-10 years.

That's nice.. I was talking about your company.  You know.. the one you brought up. Any rate...  Mobile deployments != getting rid of desktop work stations homie.  It's adding another device that can be used during times that desktops OR laptops aren't feasible. 

Tablets are useful to have for content consumption but I wouldn't want to sit all day using one. I wouldn't want to use one to replace a desktop workstation, regardless of the OS it runs.

BS. 

You will have desktop on the tablet as long as your tablet is 8" or bigger.  No desktop on 7" or smaller.

Research first before post!

Tablets are useful to have for content consumption but I wouldn't want to sit all day using one. I wouldn't want to use one to replace a desktop workstation, regardless of the OS it runs.

I know plenty of people who do productive work on tablets. In fact, it's their daily drivers most days.

I know plenty of people who do productive work on tablets. In fact, it's their daily drivers most days.

Plenty of people in your "large" company?