What would your ideal Recycle Bin look like?

BS. 

You will have desktop on the tablet as long as your tablet is 8" or bigger.  No desktop on 7" or smaller.

Research first before post!

The desktop is disabled in tablet mode. It's dimmed out, and there's no actions on it.

Plenty of people in your "large" company?

No, school.

The desktop is disabled in tablet mode. It's dimmed out, and there's no actions on it.

No, school.

So.. day to day school work.. you mean playing bejeweled, googling stuff.. and writing notes.  No one is writing their Essays on tablets, or writing software on their tablets.  They are doing that with laptops or desktops.

Stay off of the glue, dude!

You have desktop in tablet mode...   press the windows key on your keyboard!

So.. day to day school work.. you mean playing bejeweled, googling stuff.. and writing notes.  No one is writing their Essays on tablets, or writing software on their tablets.  They are doing that with laptops or desktops.

Good grief, you live in your own little bubble. Yes, because my friend pay thousands a year just to play Bejeweled. :rolleyes:.

Anyway, this is nothing more than banter from the usual anti tablet/mobility crowd. I'm out.

Good grief, you live in your own little bubble. Yes, because my friend pay thousands a year just to play Bejeweled. :rolleyes:.

Anyway, this is nothing more than banter from the usual anti tablet/mobility crowd. I'm out.

I paid thousands of dollars, graduated with full honors.. and 90% of my in-class time was spent playing WoW or Left 4 Dead.

I would not want to write an essay on a tablet.

I would not want to write an essay on a tablet.

I've written numerous documents on my Surface.

I've written numerous documents on my Surface.

I guess if I had to get it done and had nothing else, sure i'd do it on a tablet.

But right now i'm on my dual monitor couch computer. If i had a choose between using that or a tablet, i'd choose the couch computer.

17097004116_b786d14d05_c.jpg

No offense, but you brought the tablet into the conversation.  I thought we were talking, mostly (since it is the majority) desktops and the dragging/dropping of items into the recycle bin...which is my (maybe not yours...but most certainly mine) preferred method that you insinuated should be taken away.

You then brought up your "large" company deploying tablets...whereas I countered with my large "company" of 400K+ "employees" are deploying desktops.  You know, because two can play at that game.

I guess if I had to get it done and had nothing else, sure i'd do it on a tablet. But if I had the choice between a tablet, laptop or Desktop. I'd choose a desktop.

No doubt, I've been taking distance learning for my Master's degree and it involves a lot of paper writing.  I couldn't imagine trying to do all of this school work on a tablet.  Hard enough typing 10-20 page reports on the desktop.

This whole thread is about tablets and other devices. If Windows really wants to be device neutral, new workflow is needed, and legacy desktop-only workflow needs eliminated.

This whole thread is about tablets and other devices. If Windows really wants to be device neutral, new workflow is needed, and legacy desktop-only workflow needs eliminated.

uh, no?  Maybe that is what you want it to be.  Warwagon started this thread and didn't mention one thing about tablets/other devices in the original post...instead he asked "What would your ideal Recycle Bin look like?"

Title is:  What would your ideal Recycle Bin look like?

Are you in the wrong area?

• Like 1

uh, no?  Maybe that is what you want it to be.  Warwagon started this thread and didn't mention one thing about tablets/other devices in the original post.

Title is:  What would your ideal Recycle Bin look like?

Are you in the wrong area?

He asked what my recycle bin would be. I replied with a live tile for Start, as I want more tablet friendly functionality.

He asked what my recycle bin would be. I replied with a live tile for Start, as I want more tablet friendly functionality.

well, "the whole thread" isn't about tablets.  Not everything (not even nearly) is about tablets.

• Like 1

For someone that constantly yells about device diversity he seems desperate to live in a world where everyone's forced to use tablets.

• Like 2

Anyone remember the Trash icon from old versions of MacOS.. not OSX, but previous versions?

It was a simple classic trashcan.. I tried to find an image, best I could do quickly was:

mac_trashcan.jpg

First/Second row.

I started out on old Mac's during school, so those were the first Trash icons I saw, and they are still what I identify with.. The Recycle bin has always been meh to me :/

Anyone remember the Trash icon from old versions of MacOS.. not OSX, but previous versions?

It was a simple classic trashcan.. I tried to find an image, best I could do quickly was:

mac_trashcan.jpg

First/Second row.

I started out on old Mac's during school, so those were the first Trash icons I saw, and they are still what I identify with.. The Recycle bin has always been meh to me :/

ah Mac OS... the first one I used was OS5 I think? I remember OS6 the most..

I'd love for someone who is a pro tablet only person to show me software development in tablet only mode... I think Visual Studio or Eclipse as a tablet "app" would drive almost any dev crazy fast... especially since most of us use 2 or more screens with it...

Lots of companies are in the middle of large scale mobile deployments. You'll see alot in the next 5-10 years.

Yeah, to work along side desktops. no large scale business is going to replace its desktop systems with iPads, or any tablet. It's just not going to happen.

What company do you work for? Let's pull up some accounts and see the actual figures for this.

and then you continued to go on and tell us what WE should be using and that the desktop is dead yadeyayaya. Which couldn't be more wrong.

I generally like the current one, but I wish the oval was tighter and the icon was higher res.  It needs to be flat and 2D imo.

The recycle bin is an essential part of the desktop, removal would just be dumb.  They could still leverage a live tile on the Start pin.  Win win.

You know, my initial position was to not remove functionality, but I see the point in having it in Exlporer and the system tray instead of on the desktop (as well as delete and via the context menu). The image posted by LeWonder above looks very nice.