Fast & Furious 8 Officially Announced

Earlier today, Universal Studios hosted a panel at CinemaCon 2015 in Caesar's Palace. During the event, they showcased their upcoming line-up of films through 2015 & beyond and also looked back at their recent successes.

One of those successes is the Fast & Furious franchise. This year Furious 7 became the first film to gross over $1 billion worldwide. Universal Studios announced today that they will continue the franchise with an 8th installment.

The announcement was made by Vin Diesel himself. Vin Diesel also announced the official release date will be April 14, 2017 for Fast & Furious 8.

Although many were wondering if the franchise would continue without late star Paul Walker, rumors swirled about an eighth installment which would take place in New York. Vin Diesel spoke about this rumor on Jimmy Kimmel Live before Furious 7's release, saying that Kurt Russell's Mr. Nobody character was introduced for a larger story that takes place in New York - a location the global franchise has never been.

Source

These are terrible films - the storylines are weak, the acting is sub-par, it's basically nothing more than overblown automotive set-pieces with a soundtrack.

Keep making them, I will keep watching them.  :)

Without Paul they will be different but hopefully still enjoyable. I have not see 7 yet, I will catchit on Bluray once it comes out. I love the F&F films, they are stupid but I like the characters and the over the top stunts. Same reason I enjoy the Transporter films, silly but fun :)

These are terrible films - the storylines are weak, the acting is sub-par, it's basically nothing more than overblown automotive set-pieces with a soundtrack.

Keep making them, I will keep watching them.   :)

so they are awful but you like them? :huh:

so they are awful but you like them? :huh:

I thought that's a pretty common opinion for these films. I feel the same.

• Like 1

Paul Walkers character has pretty much already left, his look-a-like brother may do some cameo work for the character in the next movies but I think Lucas Black will fill in the role as Dom's adopted little brother.

Amazing. I saw the first one over a decade ago while stationed in England. Haven't seen another one since. I'm a big car fan, however, the storyline and acting was suspect. I may have to check out a new version though.

I hope they don't include Lucas Black, HATED him in Tokyo drift.

It certainly won't be the same without Paul but I'm sure they can make it work with the rest of the cast. 

I hope they don't include Lucas Black, HATED him in Tokyo drift.

It certainly won't be the same without Paul but I'm sure they can make it work with the rest of the cast. 

Shame.  Because Lucas Black is signed up for 2 more. He was in FF7.

• 1 month later...

I thought they said 7 was the final installment? Guess the $$$ is too hard to pass up. Won't be the same without Walker's character, though. I liked Tokyo Drift, but I couldn't help but think they'd make much better time if they'd simply drive forward, instead of the incessant drifting during the chase scenes.

With each new movie the franchise is turning more furious than fast. Absolutely loved the first few movies, but then things started to go downhill for me personally (Part 4 was the last part that focused on cars for me). Illegal Street Racing has now become Legal World F###ing. Cops used to be big deal then, now they are non existent. I don't remember the last time Adrenaline rushed through my body when the nitro was activated. I agree they moved with the times but not to this level of insanity.

Wont be surprised to see Dwayne Johnson make a jump from the International Space Station to take down a F-22 Raptor. :rofl:

• Like 3