Apple products are priced too high?

Why would I need to do that? Did I not tell you what I use the majority of iWork for? Wanna bet that more people will use Office for things that I described than for complex things that you described?

All you did is successfully describe ignorance. Thanks.

I don't think you even know what the definition of ignorance is. I know quite a few OS X users besides myself and every one of them has shared with me the pains of using iWork.

For grits and shins, I wrote a guide a couple weeks ago in Pages because I didn't want to fire up Windows. It was singlehandedly the most painful thing I have ever endured. Heaven forbid you want backwards compatibility going just one version back, too.

A bad program is one that hampers my productivity so clearly you and I have a difference of opinion.

I'm so sorry Mr. xWhiplash. I didn't mean to offend your sensitive nature. Will you forgive me?

Ok, so GIMP, Pixelmater, Photoshop Elements, ...

EVERY one of those is a program that is THHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT BAD?  They certainly hamper my productivity as I need the full Photoshop product since it has a lot of features I need.

So you are saying, every product in the history of computing is THHHHHAAAAATTTTT BAD unless it is the one you are using or has the exact same features?  Ok then. 

People saying that apple being overpriced is a myth, or people are wrong/stupid - need to realize "overpriced" or "expensive" are relative terms.

Relative to the person for various reasons - how much money a person has, how much value that person puts on things that apple is known for...

There really is no correct answer

• Like 2

Ok, so GIMP, Pixelmater, Photoshop Elements, ...

EVERY one of those is a program that is THHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT BAD?  They certainly hamper my productivity as I need the full Photoshop product since it has a lot of features I need.

So you are saying, every product in the history of computing is THHHHHAAAAATTTTT BAD unless it is the one you are using or has the exact same features?  Ok then. 

Weird. Mr. xWhiplash, can you tell me how I get all of those programs in the iWork suite? I must have missed it the last time I installed it.

I'm so sorry Mr. xWhiplash. I didn't mean to offend your sensitive nature. Will you forgive me?

The strawman building in this one is strong.

I can bet that a huge chunk of office users do very little and as such are punishing themselves by spending money. I presume you're one of them. Sour because it costs to make a simple spreadsheet.

I think you underestimate what excel can do and how heavily used in the office work environments.

• Like 2

People saying that apple being overpriced is a myth, or people are wrong/stupid - need to realize "overpriced" or "expensive" are relative terms.

Relative to the person for various reasons - how much money a person has, how much value that person puts on things that apple is known for...

There really is no correct answer

I can accept that.  Well said.

Again, it is not the product that is at fault here.  When I had to use Pixelmator a few times, I had a similar problem to you.  Different products have different workflows.  Using Photoshop for over a decade, it was very frustrating using Pixelmator.

Does that give me the right saying it is a bad product?  Nope, not at all.  It ran, it worked as advertised.  Different products have different workflows.  iWork is different than Office.

I don't think you even know what the definition of ignorance is. I know quite a few OS X users besides myself and every one of them has shared with me the pains of using iWork.

For grits and shins, I wrote a guide a couple weeks ago in Pages because I didn't want to fire up Windows. It was singlehandedly the most painful thing I have ever endured. Heaven forbid you want backwards compatibility going just one version back, too.

You're trying to translate your own, and your friends, opinions of a system to a broader audience. That's the definition of ignorance.

Again, it is not the product that is at fault here.  When I had to use Pixelmator a few times, I had a similar problem to you.  Different products have different workflows.  Using Photoshop for over a decade, it was very frustrating using Pixelmator.

Does that give me the right saying it is a bad product?  Nope, not at all.  Different products have different workflows.  iWork is different than Office.

Weird. I discuss iWork, and you discuss Google Docs, Photoshop, GIMP, and Pixelmator.

I think you lost the plot, sir.

I think you underestimate what excel can do and how heavily used in the office work environments.

Next time you join a conversation, please scroll back and do some reading. Nowhere did I bash any aspect of the Microsoft Office system. It's amazing, the best there is, but I don't need any of its features because of the costs. For what I use iWork, buying and paying for office would be a very dumb idea.

You're trying to translate your own, and your friends, opinions of a system to a broader audience. That's the definition of ignorance.

No, I believe the definition of ignorance is 

lack of knowledge or information.

Weird. Mr. xWhiplash, can you tell me how I get all of those programs in the iWork suite? I must have missed it the last time I installed it.

The strawman building in this one is strong.

What are you talking about?  You said iWork is THHHHHAAAAATTTTT bad because it hampers your productivity.  Do you know what comparisons are?  I compared it to the photo manipulation and editing software I have used in the past.  NONE of those are BAD products.  They work and they work EXACTLY as advertised.  Yes, they DO hamper my productivity, but they are not bad products because of that.

So this is what we call a comparison.  Just like iWork hampers your Office productivity, GIMP hampers my Photoshop productivity.  That does NOT mean that GIMP is a horrible horrible BAD product.

THAT is why I brought up those other products.

What are you talking about?  You said iWork is THHHHHAAAAATTTTT bad because it hampers your productivity.  Do you know what comparisons are?  I compared it to the photo manipulation and editing software I have used in the past.  NONE of those are BAD products.  They work and they work EXACTLY as advertised.  Yes, they DO hamper my productivity, but they are not bad products because of that.

I do know what comparisons are, but do you? Photoshop and Pixelmator don't seem to be relevant comparisons.

Next time you join a conversation, please scroll back and do some reading. Nowhere did I bash any aspect of the Microsoft Office system. It's amazing, the best there is, but I don't need any of its features because of the costs. For what I use iWork, buying and paying for office would be a very dumb idea.

I can bet that a huge chunk of office users do very little and as such are punishing themselves by spending money. I presume you're one of them. Sour because it costs to make a simple spreadsheet.

Okay.... Excel is a big reason people pay for office and is used for complex things.

I do know what comparisons are, but do you? Photoshop and Pixelmator don't seem to be relevant comparisons.

Neither is iWork and Office then.....

Wow - this thread really has people's claws and fangs showing - its just a discussion about a company's products... would anyone get this upset over the cost/utility of Dyson vacuum cleaners ?

• Like 1

Wow - this thread really has people's claws and fangs showing - its just a discussion about a company's products... would anyone get this upset over the cost/utility of Dyson vacuum cleaners ?

I like my Shark better :p

Bingo! Now you can you stop trying to press your opinion as a fact?

You screwed up when you claimed that I said anything was a fact.

Wow, LOL.

The plot has been lost for sure.

So explain to me how iWork and Office (both Office productivity software) can be compared, but Pixelmator and Photoshop (both graphics editing software) cannot?  There are a lot of articles and discussions about Pixelmator being a decent alternative to Photoshop....Seems to be they are comparable.

Just like how iWork affects your office productivity, Pixelmator affects my graphics productivity.

Okay.... Excel is a big reason people pay for office and is used for complex things.

Exactly. No denying that. But wanna bet that it isn't the majority that use it for complex things? Just like the majority of MacBook owners are not into audio/video/photo editing...

So explain to me how iWork and Office (both Office productivity software) can be compared, but Pixelmator and Photoshop (both graphics editing software) cannot?  There are a lot of articles and discussions about Pixelmator being a decent alternative to Photoshop....Seems to be they are comparable.

Are you debating with yourself? I didn't discuss either of those products.

Do you also bring tennis rackets to football games?

Exactly. No denying that. But wanna bet that it isn't the majority that use it for complex things? Just like the majority of MacBook owners are not into audio/video/photo editing...

How will you substantiate your data for that bet? You claim I state things as facts when you are no better.

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!?!?!   My Dyson Animal Pwns your Shark!   You know nothing !!

:D

Yeah but Photoshop can totally outclass it when it comes to graphics!

Are you debating with yourself? I didn't discuss either of those products.

Do you also bring tennis rackets to football games?

So you really don't know what a comparison is?

You said iWork affects your productivity.  Well Pixelmator affects mine.  Does that mean it is a bad product?  No

We are discussing a product that affects productivity.  We are not discussing different things.