E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

GoW UE beta sign up is live btw:

https://gearsofwar.com/en-gb

Codes go out within 24hrs if you're in.

I got a code messaged to my inbox on live without even signing up, the download currently gets to 100% then fails however.

Publishers must "opt in".

They hope for 100 games by launch later this year.

I really hope this does not set in motion XBL's retirement from 360...

People are so excited over BC.  Personally, I remember how BC went on the Xbox 360.  It sucked, and was abandoned fairly quickly.  Maybe I'm an old cynic but that announcement seemed more like an appeasement thing than anything else to me.  Hopefully I'm wrong and they learned their lesson.  Maybe they had foresight with the 360 code and made it fairly easy to translate if the need arose.

People are so excited over BC.  Personally, I remember how BC went on the Xbox 360.  It sucked, and was abandoned fairly quickly.  Maybe I'm an old cynic but that announcement seemed more like an appeasement thing than anything else to me.  Hopefully I'm wrong and they learned their lesson.  Maybe they had foresight with the 360 code and made it fairly easy to translate if the need arose.

People keep bringing that up but it doesn't sound like it's the same BC setup at all.  Before MS had to patch Xbox games to run on the 360, this time no code has to be touched, I think they're just running the 360 OS on the Xbox One in a VM instance, because the XB1 runs on a hyperviser already, it'd be easy to just toss in the 360 OS and have it boot up when you run a game.

, but I wouldn't be anymore

you I wouldn't be anymore what? 

if they ever do that i would be extremely surprised.  even last gen x360 games outside of xbox does not seem to be achievable by legal means.    even 360 to One is already seem hard enough for them, legally. They need to get permission for each individual game.

People keep bringing that up but it doesn't sound like it's the same BC setup at all.  Before MS had to patch Xbox games to run on the 360, this time no code has to be touched, I think they're just running the 360 OS on the Xbox One in a VM instance, because the XB1 runs on a hyperviser already, it'd be easy to just toss in the 360 OS and have it boot up when you run a game.

Agreed, it sounds completely different.

you I wouldn't be anymore what?

surprised, since they're bringing xbox live to pc, streaming xbox games, and cross play to windows 10.

edit: I was talking about a product perspective. how do you see it as a problem legally?

Great show lots of surprises. They really have turned their gaming around. It's like the core focus now which is awesome.

Thanks for the recap Andrew. I had to run to a meeting, so I couldn't keep watching the feed.

Just in from work. Avoided spoilers! Time to watch this, and then try and inject coffee into my eyeballs for Sony later.

edit: PvZ2, *insert swear word* yeah! Got my plat in PvZ <3

Mass Effect: Andromeda!

Wasn't sure what they were going to name it but I knew about the setting about a year ago from an inside source in Montreal.

Wuh? Where did you see this?

Just in from work. Avoided spoilers! Time to watch this, and then try and inject coffee into my eyeballs for Sony later.

:|

2am-4am on a weekday. I'm getting too old for this.

Same here, but there has gotta be an easier way to get your caffeine. lol

heres what the new xbox one UI looks like + cortana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDLVnSgEm4

heres what the new xbox one UI looks like + cortana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDLVnSgEm4

Looks good. Glad they're addressing the speed issue.

The Xbox One has a lot of very useful features coming soon and great games, new and old.

Can't wait to experience the new user experience with Cortana.

Cortana, invite Steve Ballmer to my party.