E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

I hope hey will fix what they broke with the New experience on the 360 and ever since in this new update. 

split language and location. many it possible to choose english language wherever you are in the world, in the whole UI, don't use Live locale, and let people use english voice for cortana and such and don't artificially limit voice/cortana support

I'm liking the new UI, the video gives you a good idea of how it'll work, good stuff.

I'm liking the new UI, the video gives you a good idea of how it'll work, good stuff.

They are going back to NXE style navigation, which is ironic considering they ditched NXE in favor of tiles. :laugh:

The new UI reminds me a lot of Media Center mixed with NXE.

Been a great E3 imo, a lot of nice games coming and looks like MS have really brought it with the Xbox updates.

Pretty surprised at the new UI, a departure from metro and even win10 UI.  Not that they have to be aligned but agree with the other comments that its a bit of a UI style from the past.  Cortana integration seems like a handy feature though.

Been a great E3 imo, a lot of nice games coming and looks like MS have really brought it with the Xbox updates.

Pretty surprised at the new UI, a departure from metro and even win10 UI.  Not that they have to be aligned but agree with the other comments that its a bit of a UI style from the past.  Cortana integration seems like a handy feature though.

Actually, now that I look at it more, and seen the video, it matches a bit more with the Xbox Live app on Windows 10 really.

• Like 1

ummm, the new UI is still very much metro though. 

It does a good job of getting out of the way of the content you want to see, be it a game or a video that's streaming etc, it's still metro, tiles are still there, just now it's more compact and uses the flyouts more than dropping you out and into something else unless you want to.

aSvVLfC.png

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad N580 (Dual-Core Intel Pentium B960) and the game streaming had only a couple of very minor hiccups. So a high-end machine isn't needed.

Also, connect the Xbox One controller to the PC with a USB cable for a proper experience.

Actually, now that I look at it more, and seen the video, it matches a bit more with the Xbox Live app on Windows 10 really.

Yeah. It's consistent with Windows 10, which is what they want to deliver. Can;t wait to give it a go.

Watched the videos for halo, gears, and tomb raider. Excited for all of them. I'm intrigued by sea of thieves so I'll be keeping my eye on that as well. Glad to see rare doing something interesting.

Backwards compatibility video

We know you love Xbox, so we put a Xbox in your Xbox.  :p

Cool stuff though, I hope more 3rd parties jump on and don't say no to this.

• Like 2

I have at least seven of those, and for no reason apparent to me was invited to the preview program a few weeks ago, so I obviously actually registered just now. Can't wait to try this out.

I don't know how much use BC will actually be to me, but it'll be nice to know I could play some of my old games without having to keep my 360 around.

I started sending out invites on my Xbox One a few weeks back, I probably could have added you to the list.

gamertag: diezel78

Those aren't really bombs though, it's sequelitis again.

They had some new games too, but people don't get as hyped up about those because no one really knows what to expect.

People get excited about sequels for obvious reasons. They want more of something they've already had a chance to enjoy.

With that said, they didn't even demo everything that's coming up for Xbox at E3 since they're saving some reveals for Gamescom.

Those aren't really bombs though, it's sequelitis again.

Well, it's either that or a Final Fantasy remake, an old game going to Kickstarter and some TV channels... :D

Well, it's either that or a Final Fantasy remake, an old game going to Kickstarter and some TV channels... :D

I find it a bit funny as well that all the big hoopla over the FF7 remake and it doesn't sound like it's even exclusive to, just timed.   What would've been a big win for Sony is more like a pop and fizzle now once people have calmed down and thought about it more.

I find it a bit funny as well that all the big hoopla over the FF7 remake and it doesn't sound like it's even exclusive to, just timed.   What would've been a big win for Sony is more like a pop and fizzle now once people have calmed down and thought about it more.

Yeah... maybe on Neowin. Anyone who has wanted a FF7 remake doesn't simply stop caring about it a few hours later because it could be on the Xbox. Let's keep in mind no other platforms are announced and the only two FF7 went to was PC/PS, for any console war folk who are trying to say even the potential of it on Xbox somehow makes FF7 fans disappointed.

FF7 fans care more about the fact it actually looks like a full-scale remake, not up-rezzed 1997 polygons, not who's got what exclusivity.

• Like 2

Sorry if this has already been discussed but with regards to the backwards compatibility stuff. How will this work with regards to Games with Gold? Can I login to Xbox.com, select to "purchase/download" whatever is currently free and if/when that title is available in the emulator it will be added to my digital library?

If that's a yes then this is much bigger deal for me as when I got my XB1 I sold my 360 and all the games to help fund it. 

Sorry if this has already been discussed but with regards to the backwards compatibility stuff. How will this work with regards to Games with Gold? Can I login to Xbox.com, select to "purchase/download" whatever is currently free and if/when that title is available in the emulator it will be added to my digital library?

If that's a yes then this is much bigger deal for me as when I got my XB1 I sold my 360 and all the games to help fund it. 

yes, you can. 

any 360 game you buy, no matter how, if it's available in the emulator will work. at least one of the two games I have is from that.

now they just need to add SSX so I can play some SSX again. 

yes, you can. 

any 360 game you buy, no matter how, if it's available in the emulator will work. at least one of the two games I have is from that.

now they just need to add SSX so I can play some SSX again. 

So I thought why am I asking when I can just bloody do it.

When I go on and select Theif which seems to be this months 360 title, it says free with gold but only offers me the option to purchase (currently also saying I have no payment options but thats another thing).

I'm wondering, now I have XBL on XB1 does MS recognise that and not count my subscription for 360? I seem to remember something around release about migrating your account from 360 > XB1 and there not being a way back but I'm sure countless people have both on here so I could be making that up.

So I thought why am I asking when I can just bloody do it.

When I go on and select Theif which seems to be this months 360 title, it says free with gold but only offers me the option to purchase (currently also saying I have no payment options but thats another thing).

I'm wondering, now I have XBL on XB1 does MS recognise that and not count my subscription for 360? I seem to remember something around release about migrating your account from 360 > XB1 and there not being a way back but I'm sure countless people have both on here so I could be making that up.

You can go back and forth between the ONE and the 360. There is no migration. In fact, you can be on your 360 and the ONE at the same time, logged into Live.