[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

And now comes the killing question : Why 10061 came off right after the '' 10100 '' one ?

Where's their logic ?

Interesing .

Imagine this you have several builds in developement, the actual daily builds where everything is updated bleeding edge. at times these builds are taken out to become the beta testing builds. the daily builds higher in the chain will then have a higher build number, while the actual testing builds are still on a lower build but still gets updated for certain things. hence you can have a newer build with a lower build number. it's a bit more complicated than that, but...

bc they are testing different things on different builds.

Let me try to understand .

They test something with X build in the day Y .

They release buld X+1 .

Then , they release the previous build [ X ] in the day Y+1 which is the same with what they tested before of X+1's release [ day Y ] ?

Am I there ?

Let me try to understand .

They test something with X build in the day Y .

They release buld X+1 .

Then , they release the previous build [ X ] which they tested before of X+1's release ?

Am I there ?

They are testing vary builds based on the features... 

For example,  They gave us 10061 for us to play with....   They are testing new builds, then next week or two, they will give us new build. Maybe 10070 or whatever...    MS team is ttesting the build that is ahead of us...

They are testing vary builds based on the features... 

For example,  They gave us 10061 for us to play with....   They are testing new builds, then next week or two, they will give us new build. Maybe 10070 or whatever...    MS team is ttesting the build that is ahead of us...

Yes , but what I don't manage to understand is why we played with a '' bigger '' number than MS did ?

Is about what HawkMan stated :

Imagine this you have several builds in developement, the actual daily builds where everything is updated bleeding edge. at times these builds are taken out to become the beta testing builds. the daily builds higher in the chain will then have a higher build number, while the actual testing builds are still on a lower build but still gets updated for certain things. hence you can have a newer build with a lower build number. it's a bit more complicated than that, but...

?

It is quite simple by what he say .

Yes , but what I don't manage to understand is why we played with a '' bigger '' number than MS did ?

Is about what HawkMan stated :

?

It is quite simple by what he say .

You have problem, then report it to MS then they will fix it in the next build or two.

Otherwise you have suggestions for MS... they will consider to add the feature you wanted in the next build or two.

That's how it works.

And bugfixes can be updated via WU instead of getting a new build.

Here's my quick mockup on how StartScreen could look/work like, combining what was good about Windows 8.1 and new additions:

post-274624-0-04283400-1429920319.jpg

post-274624-0-58028500-1429920331.jpg

• Like 2

Is it me or it's impossible to stack more than two apps at a time while in tablet mode?

It's impossible on my end too. :/

Is it me or it's impossible to stack more than two apps at a time while in tablet mode?

What do you mean by stack?

The fact that none of these builds are even remotely stable is concerning.

How are they not remotely stable? Since 10051 I haven't had a single stability problem. The only issues I have are like the known ones, like not being able to launch win32 apps from start, which is probably like a 10 minute fix for them. 

They are focusing on adding features, they can definitely feature lock by the end of June and polish this OS within a month. It's pretty damn stable. 

How are they not remotely stable? Since 10051 I haven't had a single stability problem. The only issues I have are like the known ones, like not being able to launch win32 apps from start, which is probably like a 10 minute fix for them. 

They are focusing on adding features, they can definitely feature lock by the end of June and polish this OS within a month. It's pretty damn stable. 

Apps not launching from Start? Explorer crashes randomly?

Do you read these bug reports?

It's kind of stable but it's also graphically glitchy. While arranging my Live (dead) Tiles, Large ones become wide and change color if I change the size of another tile, and so on. You can check the attached image. The cortana Tile takes "wide" space but tile shows as "medium". Also the image on the Calendar Tile is stretched.

I'm more than aware this is a Technical Preview, not even a Cosumer one, but Live Tiles are one of the main features of Windows since W8.

I hope we'll eventually get a big jump in build number soon.

post-453301-0-82063400-1429929937.jpg

I am somewhat surprised that they debuted Spartan in its current form. Is it me or is Spartan missing even basic key combos in address bar? I can't get CTRL+A to work on mine in 10061.

The fact that none of these builds are even remotely stable is concerning.

The core OS had been rock solid for me since 9926. There are individual glitches but overall it has been stable for my daily driver.

The apps not launching is like a minor issue. It's obviously some accidently regression that they can easily fix, it's a non-issue. I haven't had explorer crash on any of the 3 machines I run 10 on so idk what that is. 

Clean install build 10056 or 10061 and it fixes that problem. 

Doing a clean install for me removed most bugs from start menu for me.  I use to have issues with dragging tiles around and launching apps. It was fix with a clean install.

Iso for both builds are floating around.

Been using TP since day 1 and never had any stability issues. 

9926 was the build of Windows 10 where it become rock solid stability wise. The only issues still are rebooting and shutdown where explorer.exe and dde server would pop up a stop error message. This has been happening since 10014 I think it was. That to this date is the only problem I have stability wise with Windows 10. The rest (and most) of the problems with it are all apps with how they are transitioning to the metro interface. In regards to that, I don't think M$ are even at the 50% mark here. They definately need more time than 3 months to fix the problems with the apps and get consistency though-out the Windows 10 ecosystem.

My main problem with win10 so far is that I've had to make a new profile for every single build to fix glitching, on my desktop at least.

I don't expect it to be perfect before launch of course, but if this is still an issue with the next few builds I might be concerned.

You have problem, then report it to MS then they will fix it in the next build or two.

Otherwise you have suggestions for MS... they will consider to add the feature you wanted in the next build or two.

That's how it works.

And bugfixes can be updated via WU instead of getting a new build.

I just asked why 10100 came before 10061 ...

So that's what you wanted to say with that photo .

What? Dude, it's this easy. There are many labs inside Microsoft and each one is responsible for a set of features. Each of them creates a new build daily, independently from each other.