[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I just got an alert that my insider status had to be "fixed", I clicked ok and it kicked my 10 VM out of the insider program :laugh:

Still shows as activated and licensed to me, no idea why that happened.

I just got an alert that my insider status had to be "fixed", I clicked ok and it kicked my 10 VM out of the insider program :laugh:

Should we be on the lookout for a Windows 10 security patch?

:p

Happens to me all the time when I go from VM/VHD to Boot To VHD.

How was your experience in build 10240? Is it really ultra stable for you like previous Windows RTM or it's still buggy & unstable for you like a preview? For me, it's a little bit buggy. For couple of times, explorer.exe crashed & restarted itself.

How was your experience in build 10240? Is it really ultra stable for you like previous Windows RTM or it's still buggy & unstable for you like a preview? For me, it's a little bit buggy. For couple of times, explorer.exe crashed & restarted itself.

I had a very bad time with XAML apps when I upgraded to 10240 from a previous clean build. The Store disappeared after a while, some apps wouldn't launch and nothing I did was able to fix this. In the end I just reset the OS via a 10240 ISO.

It has been running stable ever since with everything working which is not driver related. (synaptics touchpad scrolling issues)

All XAML based apps are working much better after the refresh. This seems to be the buggiest part of the OS. The Store still has issues with downloads at times but it is beginning to come together.

The Start Menu on the other hand has been improved tremendously when it comes to the stability of XAML. There are still some XAML apps that crash and restart but I believe that they will nail this.

Another observation is that AMD drivers contribute to the instability of XAML.

On the other hand I love how all the info from the different MS services is being pulled together with Windows 10.

Having OneNote / Peoples /Contacts app / Calendar all linked with the OS is pretty convenient for me. It might seem silly but it is one of the big reasons why I will make the switch early onwards.

Shame that the Peoples app doesn't link the fb avatar images anymore.

I'm not seeing this behavior, in fact if I try to unify the OneDrive documents folder with the Users one it gives me a warning.

I did a clean install of RTM last night and it wasn't unified then.

Strange, it happenned to my windows 10 (clean install).

You can use the link also to do the opposite which means that you can use the tool to make your documents folder inside your onedrive folder ^^

Somehow I always get a warning too when trying to merge user folders with other folder, The tool is somehow an exception and able to do it.

start menu and action center are still buggy and slow for me. Store is not doing great either. I guess a clean install post-GA might improve things :/

As it crazily sounds,I'm not quite sure the actual 10240 is our final RTM,I still can see the previusly builds rollback option.

That souldn't be there.

10240 is indeed RTM. There was no build released to 'th1' branch, since 9th July. So, 10240 is RTM

As it crazily sounds,I'm not quite sure the actual 10240 is our final RTM,I still can see the previusly builds rollback option.

That souldn't be there.

I somewhat agree. I think either a new build will be pushed out before the 29th, or 10240 will get a Windows Update that serves as a UI junk cleanup patch, removing that stuff. 

I haven't had any of the issues most people here describe. I already mentioned the problems I have, though, I hope they fix it before GA.

10240 will get a Windows Update that serves as a UI junk cleanup patch, removing that stuff. 

Most likely.

Well, RTM is what RTM is, other than one or two more pre 29th patches to fix bugs nothings going to change now.   I'm expecting a new insider build mid to late August though.

Since upgrade to 10240, the only issues I have had are minor, a glitchy Edge and notification center misbehaving. The upgrade went extremely well, desktop has been stable and all my "settings" have been retained. Best part is with Windows Media Player (don't laugh, I like it for music), I have the graphic equalizer working again........I am a happy camper...... :D

Well, RTM is what RTM is, other than one or two more pre 29th patches to fix bugs nothings going to change now.   I'm expecting a new insider build mid to late August though.

What I want to know is will this come with the Messaging app? Maybe even a new File Explorer?

What I want to know is will this come with the Messaging app? Maybe even a new File Explorer?

They've never hinted at a new file explorer so far, the messaging app is something they talked about and we know is coming though, just don't know when.

That souldn't be there.

Why shouldn't that feature be there? Microsoft has always said that Windows 10 will make it more easy to roll back to a previous Windows-installation, and for consumers, that is Windows 7 or 8.1. 10240 is the RTM and that won't change, this is the build that will roll out to everyone.

It's ok for non-Insiders,but not for us.

It is for both... Insiders or customers.

If you have buggy insider build, you can rollback to the previous build until they release the new build so you can upgrade to the new build which fixed the buggy build..

Customers can rollback to Windows 7 or 8.1 if they are not happy with the Windows 10.

Think about that.

What's the fault data for that crash as found in the View all Problem Reports control panel?

So there is no "Save as"/"Download to" in Edge. in fact there's no way to change download behavior from the save in your downloads folder when clicked at all ? not even in flags.

So there is no "Save as"/"Download to" in Edge. in fact there's no way to change download behavior from the save in your downloads folder when clicked at all ? not even in flags.

Does CRTL+SHIFT+S work?

And rightclicking downloads links and saving don't give file popup?