Supreme Court Rules All States Must License And Recognize Same-Sex Marriages

Here's a reasonably decent read on where that likely stems from.

https://bible.org/seriespage/23-jesus-condemns-scribes-and-pharisees

now that is something that Jesus did actually hate; Hypocrisy. This isn't a complaint about  organized religion. it's a complaint about "holy men" not doing things for god's pleasure but for the honor and fame they receive from their fellow men.

it's funny that you open with Corinthians

1 Corinthians 2:15

"The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,"

The bible doesn't tell you not to judge. it tells you to JUDGE EVERYTHING... but by god's measure, not ours.

on John 8...

you seem to think that this is supposed to be some blanket acceptance of sin and degeneracy everywhere. read a little ahead and you get

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

that's right. Jesus would let a gay person go  if they "leave their life of sin".

Blanket acceptance? Not at all. Knowing my place in his scheme of things? absolutely. Regarding 1 Corinthians 2:15, 6 and 7 give that proper context. It's in regards to speaking God's message of reconciliation, not standing in judgement of others outside the church. Otherwise Paul contradicts himself.

now that is something that Jesus did actually hate; Hypocrisy. This isn't a complaint about  organized religion. it's a complaint about "holy men" not doing things for god's pleasure but for the honor and fame they receive from their fellow men.

Sounds kind of like lots of organized religion to me. : D

• Like 1

Matthew 5:17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

sorry, to Jesus the old law still stands. Leviticus is the law of Moses.

Some people think that because Jesus said some things that sound a bit hippy and that this is some live and let live version of God. Anyone who has read and studied the bible knows this isn't true.

Matthew 10:34

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

most people who believe that jesus was some sort of hippy who offered blanket love to the world and forgave all sins hasn't gotten past an illustrated children's bible. read the whole thing. it's mind blowing the things you probably don't know.

Jesus wants you dead for eating that ham sandwich then.

If god doesn't like gay people, why does he make them?

You are missing their point :)

God doesn't make you gay, you choose to be gay and live that horrible life style.

it's funny that you open with Corinthians

1 Corinthians 2:15

"The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,"

The bible doesn't tell you not to judge. it tells you to JUDGE EVERYTHING... but by god's measure, not ours.

on John 8...

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

that's right. Jesus would let a gay person go  if they "leave their life of sin".

That's a real stretch there. You're completely ignoring the "neither do I condemn you" to justify your silly interpretation. It sounds more like he's saying "GOD will judge you, so I recommend that you leave your life of sin". He's not doing the judging nor commanding humans to do the judging. After all, why would your all-powerful god need any help from you?

Also, there is no "if" in any part of that last quote. He said "go now AND leave your life of sin". He didn't say "IF you leave your life of sin, you can go".

If god doesn't like gay people, why does he make them?

It's a test of strength and will.

God is like the guy with a magnifier over the ant hill. he makes some people gay, and decrees that they can not act on their wills, desires and love because it is sinfull and they won't come to heaven. and then he relishes watching these people live their life in agony, loneliness or succumb so he can send them to hell. 

basically, he's a class A a-hole. if you chose(this is ACTUALLY a choice) to believe in him, then you also have to accept he's not a nice person and all this love and peace crap your church spouts is all BS.  after all

jYiuy2D.jpg

truly inspirational words... for black metal bands

• Like 2

Also, there is no "if" in any part of that last quote. He said "go now AND leave your life of sin". He didn't say "IF you leave your life of sin, you can go".

well, that's a murky thing. is this a forgiveness that only  God is qualified to give?

God doesn't make you gay, you choose to be gay and live that horrible life style.

Why does an all-knowing god make people that have the propensity to choose to be gay and live "that horrible lifestyle"?

And since the bible is all about interpretation and it's vague at best usually saying two or three different things about the same thing.

that could easily be taken as "go no, don't consider the life you live sinfull anymore"

It's a test of strength and will.

God is like the guy with a magnifier over the ant hill. he makes some people gay, and decrees that they can not act on their wills, desires and love because it is sinfull and they won't come to heaven. and then he relishes watching these people live their life in agony, loneliness or succumb so he can send them to hell. 

basically, he's a class A a-hole. if you chose(this is ACTUALLY a choice) to believe in him, then you also have to accept he's not a nice person and all this love and peace crap your church spouts is all BS.  after all

jYiuy2D.jpg

truly inspirational words... for black metal bands

have you ever made a big beautiful city in sim city and then put it through every natural disaster? did you ever bother to think of the people?

Why does an all-knowing god make people that have the propensity to choose to be gay and live "that horrible lifestyle"?

I don't know? Because he's a jerk? ;)

have you ever made a big beautiful city in sim city and then put it through every natural disaster? did you ever bother to think of the people?

Well you see, like God, I'm the anthill and bucket of molten lead guy.

also I usually avoid destroying my creations.

well, that's a murky thing. is this a forgiveness that only  God is qualified to give?

Where are you getting "forgiveness" from? All he said was "go now". That's neither forgiving nor condemning. It's a neutral position.

To me, the way this whole verse reads is: "You, lowly human, are not qualified to judge anybody, so STFU and stop judging other humans. As for you other humans that could be sinning in god's eyes, I'll keep these other ###### off your back but remember that god will still ultimately judge you."

Where is the /s?

Pretty sad that anytime love/relationships are discussed it's always boiled down to sex/where body parts go.

You know, that's like a rather insignificant (but significant insignificant) part of love & being in a relationship.

In my eyes, you either end up being a bigot, a religious fanatic or someone who hasn't gone through sex education in school yet if you don't think humanity is moving forward with this vote. If you're on the internet ignorance is not an excuse here, google happily displays all the research on homosexuality and what love is, from independent studies/sources not biased to any individual book.

What people? They're pixels on a screen. Is that what we are to your invisible friend in the sky? We're just "pixels on a screen"? If he has so little regard for humans, why does he even care where we stick our ######?

Where is the /s?

He did say "THEIR point".

Where is the /s?

No /s needed.

I truly belief that there are people believing what I stated

It's not my belief, hence the THEIR in the statement

What a bunch of BS.

All the SCOTUS said amounts to States cannot deny a marriage license based on sexual preference / orientation. Nowhere does it say they MUST issue marriage licenses at all. Marriage licenses are a "State" issue.

So a State could simply stop issuing marriage licenses to anyone seeking legal marriage, and that would not run afoul of this decision.

What a bunch of BS.

All the SCOTUS said amounts to States cannot deny a marriage license based on sexual preference / orientation. Nowhere does it say they MUST issue marriage licenses at all.

So a State could simply stop issuing marriage licenses to anyone seeking legal marriage, and that would not run afoul of this decision.

There is already a state/county which said they would just do that, stop issuing licenses at all.

Really sad though!

• Like 1

What a bunch of BS.

All the SCOTUS said amounts to States cannot deny a marriage license based on sexual preference / orientation. Nowhere does it say they MUST issue marriage licenses at all. Marriage licenses are a "State" issue.

Yes, save the "sanctity of marriage" by eliminating it altogether. LOL!

What people? They're pixels on a screen. Is that what we are to your invisible friend in the sky? We're just "pixels on a screen"? If he has so little regard for humans, why does he even care where we stick our ######?

He did say "THEIR point".

compared to an infinite god i'm pretty sure that we're less than pixils on a screen.

Yes, save the "sanctity of marriage" by eliminating it altogether. LOL!

been my idea the whole time. Government should have no place in marriage. why does the government need to know who my bed partner is? The rallying cry of the gay rights movement has been to get the government out of people's bed room... but that's exactly what they are doing... inviting the government into their bedroom

• Like 1

Pretty sad that anytime love/relationships are discussed it's always boiled down to sex/where body parts go.

Isn't that where most Love/relationships start these days?

I'll show myself out now :rofl: