+Audioboxer
  • Like 4

soniqstylz

2016 set to be a big year!

dipsylalapo

I only own an Xbox at the moment but like to keep an eye on what's going on with Sony. This game has me excited and seems that I should aim to buy a PS4 before 2016!

domboy

I only own an Xbox at the moment but like to keep an eye on what's going on with Sony. This game has me excited and seems that I should aim to buy a PS4 before 2016!

If you're going to get a playstation just to play No Man's Sky why not get the PC version when it's released (unless you don't have a PC either)?? That's my plan. I've heard in the past it was supposed to be a timed exclusive for PS4, but now I've seen it stated the release date will be the same.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-release-window-announced/1100-6431758/

• Like 1

President Devil

If you're going to get a playstation just to play No Man's Sky why not get the PC version when it's released (unless you don't have a PC either)?? That's my plan. I've heard in the past it was supposed to be a timed exclusive for PS4, but now I've seen it stated the release date will be the same.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-release-window-announced/1100-6431758/

Same here, PC version for me. But to be frank, it's still not clear to me whether or not this game will end up being boring after a few hours.

dipsylalapo

Pretty much it :p Both my personal and work laptop aren't exactly top spec. I've been contemplating for a while now and the release of this game convinces me.

domboy

Pretty much it :p Both my personal and work laptop aren't exactly top spec. I've been contemplating for a while now and the release of this game convinces me.

Guess that answers that! :) Though I honestly hope the system requirements aren't too high, as my PC isn't exactly a monster machine either...

Same here, PC version for me. But to be frank, it's still not clear to me whether or not this game will end up being boring after a few hours.

An excellent point. The concept and execution of the game sound really cool, but it'll be very interesting to find out what playing it actually ends up being like.

• Like 1

spacer

So...what do you do in this game?

• Like 1

+Asmodai

I have no doubt that some people will find this game boring.  There isn't a strong narrative in the game so if you need a compelling story to have fun in a game it's probably not for you.  On the other hand if you enjoy running around in Minecraft or playing around in the GTA/Fallout/Elder Scrolls world besides running the story missions then there's a good chance you'll like this game.  I know I personally love open world games and I'm really looking forward to this one but I also know that many people don't like to be just given a world/galaxy to play with and told to do their own thing.  Not every game is going to please everyone.

+Asmodai

So...what do you do in this game?

Explore, fight, trade.  There isn't a specific way to play the game.  Some crazy people might just spend their entire time playing it exploring their starting planet (unlikely, but possible).  In theory you're supposed to work your way to the center of the galaxy but that goal is along the same lines as in theory you're supposed to try to get to the end and defeat the dragon in Minecraft... many will play the game and never even try to get to the center of the galaxy.

Exploration is the main focus as you'll be discovering planets, flora, and fauna that no other person has ever seen before (not even the developers).  In order to explore farther you have to earn credits to upgrade your ship and gear though.  Your ship has a limited jump range at the start, your suit limits what environments you can survive on outside the ship, your weapon limits your mining, combat ability.  You can earn credits by harvesting resources, trading, fighting, logging new creatures, places. etc.  Again there is no specific way to play.  You can play as a pacifist explorer, you could be a pirate, you could be a merchant, etc. etc.

+Audioboxer

65daysofstatic do the soundtrack, enough of a reason to purchase from me :p

soniqstylz

65daysofstatic do the soundtrack, enough of a reason to purchase from me :p

are they related to Five Seconds of Summer?

• 2 weeks later...
-T-

This is coming to Xbox also, right?

+Audioboxer

It's ended up a PS4 console exclusive.

Hedon

The dev, being an indie, wanted to focus on getting it out for the PS4 and PC for now. Microsoft has stated that if the dev gets it running for Xbox One they would love to have it on their platform too (not just on their Windows platform). Now there is question (rumor) that it will make it on the PS4.

-T-

I guess I have a reason to keep my ps4 then. Hopefully the slot loading drive on this replacement lasts longer than 2 months like the first ps4 I got 

• 4 months later...
Jim K

Looks interesting.  First one to explore all 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets wins!

Hedon

Excited to get this game for Microsoft Windows. My Area 51 PC should run it very nicely.

+Audioboxer

Cmon, VR support VR support VR support!

• Like 1

soniqstylz
On 11/16/2015 at 11:11 AM, Kvally said:

The dev, being an indie, wanted to focus on getting it out for the PS4 and PC for now. Microsoft has stated that if the dev gets it running for Xbox One they would love to have it on their platform too (not just on their Windows platform). Now there is question (rumor) that it will make it on the PS4.

Huh?

• 2 weeks later...
Dashel

I think I need VR and some acid for this one.  Its gonna be a busy summer.

• 4 weeks later...
wakjak

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

“As we approached our final deadlines, we realized that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards,” director Sean Murray wrote on the PlayStation Blog this evening. “I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.”

http://kotaku.com/its-official-no-mans-sky-delayed-to-august-1779236658

7 week delay sucks man

MightyJordan

Seeing some of the reactions to the rumour earlier, I think I'll keep my distance from this game until it comes out...

screenshot-kotaku.com 2016-05-28 01-21-53.png

Seriously, death threats for reporting a game being delayed? Those twisted ######ers need to be sorted out.

trag3dy

Rumors out there that the game is/was delayed.

wakjak
6 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Rumors out there that the game is/was delayed.

It's no longer rumor.

August 9th official now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.8.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.8.0 changelog:

General:

Added youtube-dl engine which fixes support for YouTube channel feeds Added automatic names for web feeds in the user interface, and the ability to add/edit manual names for web streams Added sample web radio stream Added support for pasting YouTube channels directly, instead of needing the feed URLs Improved performance and logging for unmonitored files Fixed several web content user interface bugs Fixed sample web feeds and streams not being loaded on macOS Fixed broken sample web feeds Fixed/updated readme links Fixed web bump interface Fixed broken thumbnail caching on macOS Fixed support for mp3 radio streams on the web interface Fixed support for radio streams without thumbnails on the web interface Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) English (United Kingdom) (36%) (thanks, Pete Russell!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) Italian (99%) (thanks, Dimitri Graffi!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump commons-io from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0 Bump FFmpeg to latest Git versions Bump logback-version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.5 to 5.8.0 Bump rome from 1.15.0 to 1.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 Bump Video.js from 7.10.1 to 7.13.3 Download: Universal Media Server 10.8.0 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running FTB Cotton - v1.1.0

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.7.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.7.0 changelog:

General:

Improved detection of movies and anime episodes Increased default max memory on Windows machines with 8+ GB RAM Removed filename from entries inside the TRANSCODE folder Fixed upnp:class in UPnP search results (thanks, ik666!) Fixed the "Reset the cache" button not resetting API metadata too Fixed failed database upgrade for fully played statuses Fixed FFmpeg crash Fixed marking a directory as fully played not changing cached thumbnails Renderers:

Improved support for VLC on iPhone Translation updates via Crowdin:

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Hungarian (94%) (thanks, Zatamon!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Romanian (100%) (thanks, FlorinT!) Russian (89%) (thanks, Dmitry Lavrentev!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump assertj-core from 3.19.0 to 3.20.2 Bump checkstyle from 8.43 to 8.44 Bump commons-io from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0 Bump doxia-module-docbook-simple from 1.9.1 to 1.10 Bump git-commit-id-plugin from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 Bump jaudiotagger from 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 Bump maven-idea-plugin from 2.2.1 to 2.3-atlassian-10 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.4 to 5.7.5 Download: Universal Media Server 10.7.0 | 153.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By LoneWolfSL
      Sony has acquired the PC porting specialized studio Nixxes
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Only days after Sony Interactive Entertainment announced it was welcoming Housemarque to PlayStation Studios, it has revealed another studio acquisition, this time bringing in the Netherlands-based developer Nixxes Software. Since its inception in the late 90s, the company has focused solely on providing support for other studios, often porting games to more platforms.

Until now, Nixxes has only given support to Square Enix-published games, developing the PC ports. The work range from classics like Legacy of Cain to most recently Marvel's Avengers. It has also helped with Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider games, both new and old lineups, as well as Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex series.

"I highly respect Nixxes and am excited for this very experienced team to become part of the world-class development community at SIE," PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst said regarding the latest acquisition. "They have a passion for improving games and for delivering the best possible experience for gamers. Nixxes will be a strong asset for everyone across PlayStation Studios, helping our teams focus on their most important goal, which is to create unique PlayStation content at the best possible quality.”

Adding to that, Nixxes founder and senior director Jurjen Katsman said:

Much like previous acquisitions of Sony, details surrounding the deal, such as pricing, have not been made public.

It is an interesting pick up for Sony. Considering Nixxes' experience with porting, the studio may serve as the company's go-to place for bringing over more PlayStation exclusives to PC — something Sony is now more focused on — without having to divert too much manpower from the original developer.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Returnal developer Housemarque is now a part of PlayStation Studios
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

PlayStation Studios has grown to include one more developer as Sony today announced the addition of Housemarque to its first-party studios family. Primarily being a PlayStation focused developer for some time now with eight Sony console-exclusive projects under its belt, the Finnish studio put forth the roguelike Returnal earlier this year solely for the PlayStation 5.

"Today I’m thrilled to welcome a new member to the PlayStation Studios family," said head of PlayStation Studios Hermen Hulst in the announcement blog post. "I have been a fan of Housemarque since the studio’s early days when they introduced Super Stardust HD to PlayStation fans. Housemarque’s recent release of Returnal proves the studio is one with incredible vision, capable of creating memorable new games that resonate with our community."

"After more than 15 years of successfully collaborating, we’re excited to amplify our potential even further and join PlayStation Studios," added co-founder and managing director of Housemarque Ilari Kuittinen. "Returnal is a testament to our strong relationship with PlayStation Studios and the organization believing in us to take a risk and give us the freedom to explore our creativity and develop something unique. We can’t wait to bring PlayStation fans more fresh, new experiences."

The cost of the acquisition has not been made public. Housemarque's current leadership will remain at the studio, who will work alongside PlayStation Studios External Development team for continuing day-to-day operations.

The move marks Housemarque as the 13th studio to move under Sony's umbrella of game development companies, which already touts heavy hitters like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Santa Monica Studio among its ranks. The other most recent major acquisition by Sony happened two years ago when Spider-Man — and more recently, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart — developer Insomniac Games was picked up.

Also, Sony may be preparing an acquisition announcement for Bluepoint Games, the developer of multiple remakes of PlayStation exclusives such as Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Colossus. A now-removed tweet by PlayStation Japan had clearly shown Bluepoint as another new addition to PlayStation Studios. It may have been an announcement that was slated to arrive a little later than dropping right alongside Housemarque's reveal, so expect it to re-emerge soon.