dipsylalapo
6 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Actually I liked the game more than Elite: Dangerous, and I put a lot of time into that as well.

After a while the crafting tasks got a little overkill for me, but I still enjoy messing around in it.

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that :P

+LostCat
10 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that ?

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

dipsylalapo
2 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

IT's probably more representative of how much I'd play it more than anything else. I'd pay £40 and then it'd just sit under my TV. I'll wait for the sales and see what the reviews are like...it looks good though. 

Skiver

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

AStalUK

It's currently £19.99 on Steam, I picked a copy up last night.  First impressions are it's easily I could whittle away a few hours in just exploring.

dipsylalapo
54 minutes ago, Skiver said:

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

Pretty much the same feeling here. Reading online it's similar to The Division, where it wasn't great early on, but updates have worked wonders and it's now actually pretty good. I'll probably wait until the first sale and then pick it up then, even with the updates, I think £40 is too much (for Xbox)

+LostCat

I'll be playing it again.  The load times and draw distances were my only complaints with the last builds, and it sounds like they've both improved.

The improved graphics won't necessarily change my life but they looked pretty cool anyway.

I was pretty tired when I read the changelog so I don't even remember what else happened heh.

+LostCat

Ugh.  All the resources changed, so building stuff might be easier but figuring it all out again was a bit of a pain.

• 2 years later...
dipsylalapo

So there was a Tweet from Sean Murray (creator of No Man's Sky) about a new update dropping this week

Source

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

+LostCat
On 22/09/2020 at 04:41, dipsylalapo said:

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

It is fantastic.  Since I've played it on PC I'd rather keep playing it there until the Series X shows up...it performs smoothly most of the time on X1X but there are some really notable differences in specific situations that I'd rather not have to deal with.

• 2 months later...
Steven P.

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for 90 days. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Namerah S
      Team Ninja details features of Nioh 2 Complete Edition for PC
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Team Ninja launched the action RPG Nioh sequel titled Nioh 2 for the last-gen PlayStation 4 console last year. Two months ago, the video game developer revealed that Nioh 2 would be leaving PlayStation exclusivity by announcing Nioh 2 Complete Edition. The PC version is set to arrive early next month.

Today the game's makers revealed more information about the upcoming PC game on Twitter. Publisher Koei Tecmo shared further details about the features of the upcoming Nioh 2 Complete Edition. A new game trailer highlighting the PC features has also been released.

As per today's announcements, Nioh 2 on PC will support 4K Ultra HD, ultra-wide screens, HDR and a 144Hz screen refresh rate. The game's makers have added complete customizability for mice and keyboards and the game is touted to run at 60fps or 120fps consistently, depending on whether the PC specs are compatible of course.

Nioh 2 Complete Edition for the PC platform is due out February 5, 2021, exclusively on Steam. Pre-orders are currently open and can be placed on Valve's dedicated game store. As a launch promotion, those who buy the Nioh sequel within the initial three weeks after the PC release will get two bonus in-game items, the Sohaya Deserter Garb and Ornate Gold Armour.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.0.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 10.0.0-a1:

General

Retry media lookups that failed due to transient errors Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 9.8.3:

DLNA browsing

When browsing a TV show in the Media Library, all videos across all seasons are visible. There are two new folders within the Movies and TV Shows folders - Filter by Progress and Filter by Information. Filter by Progress contains the Watched and Unwatched folders which used to sit within the Videos folder in the Media Library Filter by Information lets you filter the videos by a new rich metadata set (actors, genres, country, director, genre, IMDb rating, release date). Alongside that is a similar folder Filter by Information which lets you filter the videos by API metadata (actors, genres, etc.) New folders Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played are in the Media Library Web interface

Added breadcrumbs at the top of each page When in the TV Shows area of the Media Library, the TV shows themselves are shown as thumbnails, with covers from the API When browsing a TV show, a movie, or a TV episode, any API metadata is displayed along with a large cover image, including actors, awards, classification, country, directors, genres, plot, ratings, year, and total seasons. On those pages above, the colors on the pages are based on the cover image Clicking on an individual actor, country, director, genre, or start year, takes you to a list of other media that matches that metadata The last few items in the Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played folders are displayed on the front page Each TV show and movie has an IMDb icon and direct link if one is found Folder and media covers are shown Fixed bugs with the Back button Version has moved to the settings menu Minor design updates General

API is enabled even without filename prettifying Failed API lookups are debounced by 1 week to avoid network spam Changed prettified season/episode number formatting from Series - 101 - Episode to Series S01E01 - Episode Fixed some bugs with prettifying to support more files Added support for audio playlist thumbnails (thanks, sf666!) Playlist folders are correctly identified via UPnP (thanks, sf666!) Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump jQuery from 1.12.0 to 3.5.1 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Bump video.js from 7.2.3 to 7.10.1 Download: Universal Media Server 10.0 | 160.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Canalys: Global PC market saw 25% YoY growth in 4Q20
      by Paul Hill

The analyst firm Canalys has reported that the global PC market saw 25% year-over-year growth in the fourth quarter of 2020. The firm classifies the PC market as desktops, notebooks (including Chromebooks) and workstations but excludes tablets which are sometimes used by some in place of a full-blown PC. Total PC shipments in 2020 grew by 11% reaching 297 million units.

The full-year growth in the PC market is the highest that’s been seen since 2020 and the number of units shipped is the highest seen since 2014. The growth in 2020 was driven by laptops and mobile workstations; they saw a growth rate of 44% compared to 2019. Desktops, on the other hand, were less successful with shipments falling 20% compared to 2019; there were 61.9 million shipments in this segment of the market in 2020.

In the fourth quarter, the biggest PC vendor was Lenovo which shipped 23.1 million units, in second place was HP which shipped 19.1 million units. Dell came in third place shipping more than 15 million units for the first time ever, Apple was in fourth place shipping 7.1 million units and Acer came fifth with 6.1 million units shipped. Other companies shipped a combined 18.9 million units in the fourth quarter.

According to Canalys Research Director Rushabh Doshi, PCs have been at the centre of the digital transformation that the world has gone through in the past year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Doshi said that going forward it’s going to be “extremely difficult” to write off PCs and that it’s likely that they’re here to stay.

• By Namerah S
      Sony announces PlayStation Plus titles for January 2021
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

The names of titles to be added to Sony's monthly PlayStation Plus subscription service next month were announced today. In January 2021, PlayStation 4 owners who have the PS Plus membership will enjoy two freebies for the month. Meanwhile, PS5 users with the subscription will also get one free game.

Starting from January 5, PS4 users with the PS Plus subscription will be able to play action-adventure title Shadow of the Tomb Raider from the wildly popular Tomb Raider franchise. Square Enix debuted the game featuring Lara Croft at E3 2018. As for the second free title for the next month, that will be Greedfall, an ARPG video game developed by Spider and published by Focus Home Interactive. Incidentally, Greedfall also joined the Xbox Game Pass subscription earlier this month.

In addition to the freebies which will be available to PlayStation 4 gamers, Sony also announced that PlayStation 5 users with the PS Plus membership will get to play open-world RPG Maneater free of charge.

As usual, PlayStation Plus subscribers will have about one month to take advantage of their membership and play the free video games. The January 2021 games will be available until February 1, 2021.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Here are the 100 bestselling Steam games of 2020
      by Usama Jawad

Towards the end of each year, Valve traditionally reveals the bestselling Steam games of the past 12 months. Although the company does not disclose exact sales figures or dollar values, it divides games into categories such as Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Now, the company has unveiled the list of 100 top-selling games on its platform for 2020.

The 100 bestsellers for 2020 have been measured in terms of gross revenue. 12 games fall in the Platinum category, 12 in Gold, 15 in Silver, and 59 in Bronze. These are as follows:

Platinum

DOOM Eternal Cyberpunk 2077 DOTA 2 Destiny 2 Monster Hunter: World Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Among Us Red Dead Redemption 2 Grand Theft Auto V PUBG Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Gold

Borderlands 3 The Elder Scrolls Online Phasmophobia Dead by Daylight ARK: Survival Evolved Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Halo: The Master Chief Collection Warframe Crusader Kings III Baldur's Gate Sea of Thieves Sid Meier's Civilization VI Silver

Rust Stellaris Final Fantasy XIV Online War Thunder Raft Total War: Warhammer II The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Microsoft Flight Simulator Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Hades Cities: Skylines Path of Exile Planet Zoo Euro Truck Simulator 2 Team Fortress 2 Bronze

Don't Starve Together Terraria DayZ Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Star Wars: Squadrons FIFA 21 Death Stranding Arma 3 The Sims 4 No Man's Sky GTFO Ori and the Will of the Wisps The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Smite Half-Life: Alyx Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Apex Legends Hunt: Showdown American Truck Simulator NBA 2K21 Resident Evil 3 Wallpaper Engine Football Manager 2021 Tabletop Simulator Temtem RimWorld Stardew Valley Deep Rock Galactic Metro: Exodus Human: Fall Flat Risk of Rain 2 Pummel Party Fallout 4 NBA 2K20 Remnant: From the Ashes Farming Simulator 19 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Fallout 76 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Grounded Europa Universalis IV Dying Light Far Cry 5 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Satisfactory Persona 4 Golden Lords Mobile theHunter: Call of the Wild Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order World of Warships Conan Exiles Hearts of Iron IV Horizon Zero Dawn The Forest Dark Souls III Marvel's Avengers Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Total War: Three Kingdoms Valve has also highlighted other titles in its "Best of 2020" categories such as "New Releases", "Most Played", "Early Access Grads", "Best of VR", and "Controller Games". Be sure to check them out here.