dipsylalapo
6 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Actually I liked the game more than Elite: Dangerous, and I put a lot of time into that as well.

After a while the crafting tasks got a little overkill for me, but I still enjoy messing around in it.

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that :P

+Starry
10 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that ?

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

dipsylalapo
2 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

IT's probably more representative of how much I'd play it more than anything else. I'd pay £40 and then it'd just sit under my TV. I'll wait for the sales and see what the reviews are like...it looks good though. 

Skiver

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

AStalUK

It's currently £19.99 on Steam, I picked a copy up last night.  First impressions are it's easily I could whittle away a few hours in just exploring.

dipsylalapo
54 minutes ago, Skiver said:

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

Pretty much the same feeling here. Reading online it's similar to The Division, where it wasn't great early on, but updates have worked wonders and it's now actually pretty good. I'll probably wait until the first sale and then pick it up then, even with the updates, I think £40 is too much (for Xbox)

+Starry

I'll be playing it again.  The load times and draw distances were my only complaints with the last builds, and it sounds like they've both improved.

The improved graphics won't necessarily change my life but they looked pretty cool anyway.

I was pretty tired when I read the changelog so I don't even remember what else happened heh.

+Starry

Ugh.  All the resources changed, so building stuff might be easier but figuring it all out again was a bit of a pain.

• 2 years later...
dipsylalapo

So there was a Tweet from Sean Murray (creator of No Man's Sky) about a new update dropping this week

Source

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

+Starry
On 22/09/2020 at 04:41, dipsylalapo said:

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

It is fantastic.  Since I've played it on PC I'd rather keep playing it there until the Series X shows up...it performs smoothly most of the time on X1X but there are some really notable differences in specific situations that I'd rather not have to deal with.

• 2 months later...
Steven P.

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for 90 days. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Sony's MLB The Show 21 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed recently that its longtime-running baseball series MLB The Show would be shedding exclusivity and hitting Xbox consoles for the first time in the franchise with the upcoming 2021 edition. Now, Microsoft has announced that the game is hitting Xbox Game Pass at launch.

Other than purchasing it outright, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S players can gain access to MLB The Show 21 on the day it releases by having an Xbox Game Pass for Console subscription active. Moreover, the title will have cloud play support on Android phones and tablets, which is available to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members.

"As we said from the beginning, this is an incredible moment for all of us and bringing the franchise to more players and baseball fans is something that we at MLB, MLB Players, Inc., and Xbox are all excited about," said MLB Senior Vice President Jamie Leece. "We can’t wait for Xbox fans to experience the fastest, deepest, and most intense moment-to-moment baseball action yet."

Developed by Sony's first-party developer San Diego Studio, MLB The Show 21 is coming out on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 on April 20.

• By zikalify
      Gartner predicts in-use global devices will hit 6.2 billion this year
      by Paul Hill

The analyst firm Gartner has predicted that in-use devices including PCs, tablets, and mobile phones, will reach 6.2 billion units this year. According to the firm, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed device usage patterns and is ultimately increasing the number of devices that each person has.

According to data from the firm, the 6.2 billion figure is set to rise by a further 3.2% in 2021 reaching 6.4 billion units. The biggest loser as a result of the pandemic is desktop PCs which are expected to decline from 522 million in 2020 to 470 million in 2022, however, the usage of laptops and tablets will increase by 8.8% and 11.7% respectively as they’re preferred by people working from home.

Image via Gartner Commenting on the data, Ranjit Atwal, senior research director at Gartner, said:

In addition to laptops and tablets doing well in 2020, smartphones are expected to see an in-use increase of 1% this year following a decline of 2.6% last year. The analyst said that lower-priced 5G handsets will encourage people to upgrade their smartphone or finally make the shift from a feature phone.

• By Namerah S
      Krafton launches top-down mini-game POBG inside PUBG
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

In honour of April Fool's Day, companies around the globe have celebrated the day with fake products and ridiculous announcements. At first sight, one might think that the announcement of the game titled PlayerOmnom's Battlegrounds, or POBG as most people are calling it, is one such prank.

On the contrary, the creator of the wildly popular battle royale title PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds says so otherwise. Krafton has released an official statement authenticating that POBG is indeed real. PUBG's makers are currently offering players a chance to play POBG, which they are jokingly claiming to be the inspiration for the main game.

Players can enjoy the title in the form of a mini-game within the PC version of PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds. A gag trailer for the newly unveiled game-within-a-game can be seen below:

The mini-game is available for a short period of time. PUBG players can play the top-down shooter through the lobby of the game. PC users will be able to play POBG starting from today until April 12.

Meanwhile, console owners have not been left out of the April Fool's special release. PUBG players on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms will be able to play POBG through the main game's lobby from April 8 through April 19, 2021.

• By Namerah S
      PS Plus games for April revealed, Oddworld: Soulstorm and more
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

The month of March concludes today and the video games for PlayStation Plus in April 2021 have been announced. The monthly gaming subscription from Sony offers its subscribers two free games for the PS4 and one free title for the PS5 every month.

The next installment in the Oddworld series launches on April 6 next week. As announced previously, Oddworld: Soulstorm will be joining the PS Plus roster upon release. It will be the only free game for the PlayStation 5, and the offer does not cover the PlayStation 4 version of the title. The upcoming PS5 title will feature next-gen features such as feeling Abel's heartbeat levels thanks to haptic feedback on the DualSense controller.

Meanwhile, the two PS4 games slated to arrive on the PS Plus library will be the action-adventure survival horror title Days Gone and third-person shooter Zombie Army 4: Dead War. Subscribers can claim April's titles starting April 6 and ending on May 3.

Last month's freebies included two games for the PS4, one for the PS5 and one for PS VR. These were Final Fantasy VII Remake, Remnant: From the Ashes, Maquette, and Farpoint respectively. If you're a PlayStation Plus member, you still have until April 5 to claim them, as well as Destruction All-Stars, which has been available for two months.

• By LoneWolfSL
      No Man's Sky Expeditions update offers a fresh start for players to journey together
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Hello Games delivered the alien adopting Companions update to No Man's Sky just last month, and already, the developer has prepared another major content drop. Titled Expeditions, this new game mode offers a fresh way to experience the No Man's Sky universe together with the community for "recapturing the excitement of setting out into the universe for the very first time."

Expeditions has players starting (or restarting) their No Man's Sky journey with a randomized character. However, in this mode, the event starts at a fixed point in the universe for all players, meaning the entire community will start off together. Unlike in the open-ended base modes, Expeditions mode provides players with various challenges to tackle named Milestones in phases, as seen below.

Hello Games will make new expeditions available regularly through seasonal updates, with each one slated to include unique themes, challenges, and rewards. Moreover, rewards gained from completing milestones will be accessible from all saves, and at the end of an Expedition, its savegame will also be converted to a normal mode save.

The update also carries quite a few other features and changes too, including a Space Station Mission overhaul, a new way to find mission locations using the Analysis Visor’s new Target Sweep mode, Rendezvous Planets for interacting with other Expedition explorers, cross-platform discoveries database, a refreshed HUD, and much more.

Find out everything that's changed in the No Man's Sky Update 3.3 Expeditions changelog here, which is rather extensive as usual. The update is now live across PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.