6 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Actually I liked the game more than Elite: Dangerous, and I put a lot of time into that as well.

After a while the crafting tasks got a little overkill for me, but I still enjoy messing around in it.

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that :P

10 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Elite is probably more hard core right? I think No Man's Sky was easier to get into and play. I'd consider getting it, but I just looked at the price. It's coming in at £40. Not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that ?

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

2 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'm fairly sure you'd get your moneys worth, although I might wait for sales also.

I'd say as of the last major update it's a fairly underrated game.  Interested to see what all is in this coming one.

IT's probably more representative of how much I'd play it more than anything else. I'd pay £40 and then it'd just sit under my TV. I'll wait for the sales and see what the reviews are like...it looks good though. 

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

It's currently £19.99 on Steam, I picked a copy up last night.  First impressions are it's easily I could whittle away a few hours in just exploring.

54 minutes ago, Skiver said:

This game was always on my radar but it obviously got some pretty terrible reviews early on, I understand it's had a few updates to improve it a lot and the latest one seems to have been pretty positive, anyone playing this again?

I'm not sure £40 is worth the risk at the moment but part of me really wants to try this out.

Pretty much the same feeling here. Reading online it's similar to The Division, where it wasn't great early on, but updates have worked wonders and it's now actually pretty good. I'll probably wait until the first sale and then pick it up then, even with the updates, I think £40 is too much (for Xbox)

I'll be playing it again.  The load times and draw distances were my only complaints with the last builds, and it sounds like they've both improved.

The improved graphics won't necessarily change my life but they looked pretty cool anyway.

I was pretty tired when I read the changelog so I don't even remember what else happened heh.

• 2 years later...

So there was a Tweet from Sean Murray (creator of No Man's Sky) about a new update dropping this week

Source

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

On 22/09/2020 at 04:41, dipsylalapo said:

I know this topic is two years old, but I picked up No Man's Sky on Xbox and have been playing on my One S. Love it and put 30+ hours in a few weeks. 

Looking forward to the next update, which the internet is going crazy about, and checking out this game on my Series X

It is fantastic.  Since I've played it on PC I'd rather keep playing it there until the Series X shows up...it performs smoothly most of the time on X1X but there are some really notable differences in specific situations that I'd rather not have to deal with.

• 2 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for 90 days. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.