[VS] XPAmp 1.9

Nightvision is insanely ugly, IMO, but that's not your fault. I don't see how anybody would find this slick or cool-looking, though.

That being said, the port does look very true to the Winamp Nightvision, so good job there.

yeah i would never use that color scheme...

thanks though :)

Great work StevoFC and Noodle. :woot: It's good to see new updates being released. :happy:

Is there a reason why you made Night Vision seperate? :huh: :unsure: I went ahead and added it into the rest so they're all there in the list. :) :D

Keep up the good work and I hope we'll see some new colors soon. ;) (Y)

random visit here...

how do i install XP AMP?

First of all you need either StyleXP or a patched uxtheme.dll.

You can get the patched uxtheme from here https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707

Then put the msstyle in your windows/resources/themes directory.

When you click on the apperence tab in display properties, you will see the XPAmp theme.

Still using this and can't think of using any other. I mean, I took a peek at a couple of others, but never bothered going with it beyond a couple of seconds.

My only wish would be if the min/max/close buttons could be mad a wee bit bigger... maybe 1.5 x 1.5 pixel or 2 x 2 pixel bigger ... I use power glasses and sometimes do have a problem getting to those tini wini buttons.

Colours... well something with a lil more stronger blue on the task bar would be nice too.

Would also like it if the progressbar could be made into the one that looks like a flow rather than the movement of blocks. Guess that would take a lot of time, and maybe difficult to hope for as this is more less in the final stages!

Thanks for sharing the VS with us.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

would like to ask everyone here, anyone here have a hanging problem with this theme? i downloaded the updated XPAmp but still encountering my laptop to hang. when i use other themes.. it runs smoothly. what's wrong?

The only thing that I don't like about the style is that when something flashes in the taskbar, I can't really see it. It would be nice if the whole thing flashed, not just the little "led"

And a compact start menu would be nice too

would like to ask everyone here, anyone here have a hanging problem with this theme? i downloaded the updated XPAmp but still encountering my laptop to hang. when i use other themes.. it runs smoothly. what's wrong?

anyone with the above mentioned problem? any solutions to that?

• 2 weeks later...

With no updates for a really long time I decided I?d work on this VS today and do some fixes of my own. I made new matching tabs for each theme, a new thin progress bar like Winamp?s matching each theme and a new matching Start User Panel also to match each theme. The Icons come from Paul Moyer as part of the Orion set that can be found here: www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/orion.asp

Hopefully, we see an update soon.

post-36-1082673267.jpg

what business do you have posting screenshots of mine and noodles visual style mixed with diemos'. get the hell out of the thread. i know for a fact that what you made will never be released because i have no intention on doing anything else for this vs and diemos is still working on his. so get the whole thought out of your head right now.

what business do you have posting screenshots of mine and noodles visual style mixed with diemos'. get the hell out of the thread. i know for a fact that what you made will never be released because i have no intention on doing anything else for this vs and diemos is still working on his. so get the whole thought out of your head right now.

Last time I checked it wasn't against any rules in this forum to post screenshots of a modified theme. You see modified wallpapers all the time, if i recall .. you used to post modified wallpapers all the time. He never said 'HEY GUYS OMG WTF LOL I MOD'D THIS THEME AND IM GONNA POST IT DO DOWNLOAD OMG LOL HAHA' .. remove the stick from your rear sir .. and get over yourself.

i don't care that he modded it. but there's absolutely no reason to show it. a) because he has absolutely nothing to to with the visual style, and all through it's production he has been trying to add to it. and b) he added a bunch of things from diemos' style into our visual style. so therefor it will never be released. maybe if his ideas were original i would even say it was ok for him to release it to make you guys happy, but since it includes things coppied from someone elses work i will never allow it.

Quote - "what business do you have posting screenshots of mine and noodles visual style mixed with diemos'. get the hell out of the thread. i know for a fact that what you made will never be released because i have no intention on doing anything else for this vs and diemos is still working on his. so get the whole thought out of your head right now."

You really need to get a grip!

1) They call this an open forum for a reason so please don?t tell me I have to get out of the thread.

2) As for posting screen shots of the modification?s I made I never read any where that I couldn?t do that.

3) I never said anything about posting for others to download this nor do I have intentions on doing so. This is for my personal use and so I made it the way I like. The rules are pretty clear about stealing somebody else?s work and then trying to take credit for it. If you will recall I posted a message to you and n00dle when some guy over at ThemeXP posted your VS claiming he had permission from you to do so.

4) We have a difference of opinion about what you call ?trying to add to it from the beginning.? If I recall correctly from noodle?s first post in the other forum he asked for ?any comments?. They call a release of a beta, a beta for a reason. It?s obviously a release of something that still has flaws and needs correcting. Unfortunately, when things were pointed out that needed fixing you suddenly didn?t want ?any comments?. My post of fixes we simply to assist you. I never asked for credit nor did I want it. My only thought was this is a great vs and what can we do to help make it better.

5) It?s true I used the 3 buttons from Diemos vs because I thought they looked better. It?s just a matter of taste. The thin progress bar as you know could not be hacked in. It?s something that took several hours to build into this vs although the idea came from Diemos style. Again it was a matter of taste. It came closer to matching Winamp.

6) It?s to bad your not as excited about this vs as the rest of us were and that you ?have no intention on doing anything else for this vs ? And, it?s to bad that you totally misinterpreted my excitement for it buy implying that I wanted to take credit for fixes or a release that was not mine.

acually that progress bar is exactly the same as the one in amped... as well as scrollbar buttons and the logoff/turnoff buttons :)

but anyways its just fun.

acually that progress bar is exactly the same as the one in amped... as well as scrollbar buttons and the logoff/turnoff buttons :)

but anyways its just fun.

had to put your 2 cents in again, didnt you? :p