World Idol Rigged

will young is teh r0x0r! he should've won it, and i'm not even gay or female!

Will was good but Kelly was the best by far, but she doesn't need a crap show like World Idol seeing as she has done the best out of all the Pop Idol finalisits.

And Mark just one question what has being gay or female got to do with thinking Will Young is good? - I am not going to turn this into a debate thread as thats totally off topic, but I am just interested in why he thinks this.

As an australian I was appalled at the placing Guy Sebastian recieved from the rest of the worls, not only was the better than the canadian, british and polish idols he should AT LEAST got a top 5 placing. And kelly was sensational. Guy and Kelly were the best by far. And i dont want to be the only aussie here, and other people from other countries loves guy's performance?

For what it's worth (being from the U.S.), I actually thought Guy the most likely winner, especially given what I thought the world in general "liked", and was quite surprised he wasn't even top 3 (let alone top 3 in any given country??). Thought the Norway guy had a pretty strong chance, but was surprised he was #1 across the board (except in Pan-Arab voting).

Eh, for what it's worth, Clay Aiken came in second in the last American Idol, and very clearly, as far as I'm concerned, has *countless* degrees of long-term ability/talent over the guy who won.

Guy did have a very good arrangement of the song he sung, but also demonstrated, as far as I'm concerned, the kinds of abilities that should very well give him a good, relatively long-term music career.

Anyway, yes, Guy *should* have been top 5 at least, but any "career" is a long-term thing, and "winning" something in the here and now, especially in music, can matter very little. Guy has far more long-term capability than the Norway guy, or even, likely, Kelly Clarkson. His voice and style are very unique, and will pay off for him over the long-haul.

Indeed, over the long-haul, I'd predict practical success for:

(1) Guy from Australia: Original "image", and ability to do very fresh arrangements of otherwise "standards".

(2) The fellow from Britain: Sounds like a Housemartins/Beautiful South duplicate, and can do well if he gets the right songs. Housemartins were outstanding, and it's nice to hear the style again, though *again* if he gets the "right" songs.

(3) Clay Aiken, named second place in the last American Idol: *Outstanding* capability and voice, but probably best suited for Disney soundtracks / Broadway / original songs that are written for him, though such come with a marked degree of risk. Probably not best suited for the average "pop"/touring career.

Ultimately, yes, I was surprised most by World Idol that Guy wasn't even top 5 (?), let alone top 3. If he can keep it together, he should have one of the best long-term music careers, however. These "Idol" things can be a bit of a farce beyond a point, as Guy not being in the top official few demonstrates, as far as I'm concerned.

He's certainly the performer I'd be most curious to purchase, at the least, and currently would be the easy "undervalued" participant that those who sign folk to various things should be jumping on. Guy should ultimately be fine in the big picture as things play out. It's not just about the aired TV competition and whoever they said "won" whatever "votes".

i was supriced as everyone else that kurt got 10 points from basicly everyone.

we had a feeling that he would score high and maybe end up in 3 place or something.

but i dont know how most of the guys there came so far. there cant be much good singers that joined in, just look at the terrible german,polish,british and netherland guys.. they were horible.

the reason kurt won i think was becouse we have seen enough women "diva" singers from the usa. Kurt brougth in something new and refreshing. and he didnt look all that fake. as one of the members of the jury said: you have a smile and a natural look. (can be that it wasnt a jury member but you get the point)

and the fact that the nirvana dude got so high just proves that the world is on a rock hype... and i like it :D

Im not ****e doff he didnt make top 5, I kno it was rigged, ad for longterm succes i dont guarantee that for anyone even kelly clarkson, remember the popstars winners? I think everyone of them died or at least split up as a band (If they died i doubt they would make any news here in sudtralia). It a common occurance. The popstars groups (Bardot, Scandal'us and and that rat faced other aussie) were no 1 hits for 1 - 2 songs, but other than that they were crap. Its all manufactured pop. Guy has a SUPER voice, but i much rather he took a diff routh than the aussie idol thing. There isone better artist in aus at the moment and that is Delta Goodrem. She has had 5 straight no1 singles, and one 7 awards at the big ARIAs this year, (ARIAs are auss grammys, very tough) and all of Australian knows that she will blow away america when she is released there.

But Guy is no 1 rite now while she is no 2, and i don think that is rite, i mean guy is great, but delta is not manufactured. And she should be recoqniaed for that.

But back to world idol, Kurt wasnt that good, is was said on the tv tonight that it was really that he had a great arrangemtn and that he was singing a well establisehed song with good tempo, whie kelly ang guy didnt mae great song choices.

Am I the only who thought Kelly look really ****ed off?

Nope.

Ugly or not. The guy has a great talent. Thats the simple reason why he won. It's so stupid to hear that it's supposed to be rigged. He won because he's a good singer. It's as simple as that.

I was extremely happy to see that 'hobbit' dude win. He deserved it, and I now have restored faith in the human race seeing that looks aren't everything when it comes to these contests. Sure Kelly is cute and all, but just because she's american doesn't mean she deserves to win (which is what seemed to be the expectation)

Just my 2c

:)

I was extremely happy to see that 'hobbit' dude win.  He deserved it, and I now have restored faith in the human race seeing that looks aren't everything when it comes to these contests.  Sure Kelly is cute and all, but just because she's american doesn't mean she deserves to win (which is what seemed to be the expectation)

Just my 2c

:)

It's not because she's American that everyone expected her to win -- she's genuinely talented. The very same goes for Guy, from Australia, who's arguably as talented as Kelly. Like many, I thought it would be between Kelly and Guy, whose performances, in my opinion, blew the others' away.

Kelly or the guy from Belgium should have won I think, not that hobbit. As for Guy from Australia, I don't know how such a joke won over there. He certainly wasn't good enough to win and the standings represent it!

Reality shows suck. Ever since Survivor the TV industry went to hell.

Anyone see that new ad for the show where a woman has to marry some disgusting fat slob in order to get $1,000,000?

Hey! Survivor rocks ;). I agree there is a lot of lame reality shows (The Apprentice, Simple Life) these days but Survivor and Amazing Race are still top notch. Survivor gets good ratings and is going onto its 8th season in February so it can't be that bad.

Edited by kairon

Nope.

Ugly or not. The guy has a great talent. Thats the simple reason why he won. It's so stupid to hear that it's supposed to be rigged. He won because he's a good singer. It's as simple as that.

AGREED.

nice to see some real singing, not like Victoria Beckham(?) so was so faking it!.

as for KC, was the big fuss just another pritty US girl who can sing. <- thats so original its not funny ;)

I would say the best man won & glad to see nivarda song @ #3 :)

well i did, out of all the performers he was the only one who didn't look so produced, like the rest of the factory made pop-idols (xcept the rock singer)

Surprised about Guy, I thought he would come close to winning. But everyone would say the same about their countries idol. That guy that sung the Nirvana song, on a pop show was he crazy?!?!. Its about time the world started to like a bit of rock, him comming 3rd was great.

Damn when will peple learn that every1 there is manufactured. But Guy, and Kelly, have astounding voices. But thats the way the world works. I mean, not the best win everything.

I expected Guy to do better.

Kurt sung his song exactly like it was supposed to be sung but that means he just copied exacted what the original singer did. His talent isn't new. Guy has a unique voice and has new talent.

I hated the Belgium guy - Peter. He had no talent. He shouldn't have come 3rd.

I'm sorry but Clarkson sooo looked like "someone had ****ed on her chips" to use an English phrase. She had a look on her that screamed that she thought she should have won... but I reckon Kurt was a deserved winner. Good luck to the kid in defying the hobbitists as well.

I hope that we've seen the last of this kind of show, if only because Cowell needs to be stopped. Stopped, I tell you, please God, someone stop him. Ya have to admire him in a way though: give the public what they want - crap pap / pop - and laugh all the way to the bank in your Ferrari. Git.