Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2016 Drivers Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Räikkönen
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Felipe Massa
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Sergio Pérez
    • Nico Hülkenberg
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Jolyon Palmer
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    • Felipe Nasr
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Pascal Wehrlein
    • Rio Haryanto
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Esteban Gutiérrez
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 Constructors Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Red Bull Racing
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Renault F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • McLaren Honda
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Haas F1 Team

16 minutes ago, John. said:

Good result. Rosberg deserved that...idiot.

Yeah, and I can't believe the Sky commentators were brushing the cheat off as fair (even Lauda said after the race the stewards' decision was OK). Reminded me why I always watch Channel 4's live coverage when the option's there.

Yeh, I really don't know what Rosberg is playing at with those "defends" if you can even call them that, it's just so blatant.

Everyone else manages to do it properly and just close the door as you come out of the corner and force the other driver to back off...fair enough, that's how it should be done.

But driving straight on, not even aiming for the apex and forcing someone off basically before turn in is just plain wrong and stupid on his part.

I'm surprised as it's the 2nd time he didn't get longer than 5 secs, I think I'll have to be something more serious if he does it again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Yeh, I really don't know what Rosberg is playing at with those "defends" if you can even call them that, it's just so blatant.

Everyone else manages to do it properly and just close the door as you come out of the corner and force the other driver to back off...fair enough, that's how it should be done.

But driving straight on, not even aiming for the apex and forcing someone off basically before turn in is just plain wrong and stupid on his part.

I'm surprised as it's the 2nd time he didn't get longer than 5 secs, I think I'll have to be something more serious if he does it again.

Turns out he experienced a new car handling characteristic known as "Nicosteer"...

Alongside the familiar traits of understeer and oversteer, car dynamics experts have this week identified a new handling characteristic known as ‘Nicosteer’.

Nicosteer occurs when a car follows a wider than expected arc into a given corner as a result of the driver failing to turn the wheel enough and then pretending that he had a problem even though he didn’t.

‘In scientific terms, Nicosteer can be expressed as X = A + B ,’ explained car handling professor, Carl-Hans Dligprofeser. ‘Where X equals vehicle trajectory, A equals corner radius and B equals how much the driver is being a prick again.’

Road safety campaigners are urging motorists to be aware of situations that can cause Nicosteer, such as pissing away a commanding championship lead, being the kind of choker who gets caught out by wheelspin, and having too many passports.

‘I’ll certainly be looking out for the warning signs of Nicosteer,’ said F1 runner up Nico Rosberg. ‘And if it happens, I’ll be certain to lift off very slightly.’

• Like 2

u1EV6uO.jpg

UQCcnPv.jpg

UW5zEbP.jpg

Looks a bit funny on 2015 spec Aero, however once full 2017 spec aero is included this is gonna be great.

who was this driver having started a fundraising to afford a cockpit some years ago? was it kobayashi? 

3 minutes ago, slang1984 said:

who was this driver having started a fundraising to afford a cockpit some years ago? was it kobayashi? 

Yeah, it was him.

I'm surprised no one else has tried it since to get into Formula 1.

16 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Yeah, it was him.

I'm surprised no one else has tried it since to get into Formula 1.

Problem is you need to be a generally nice person liked by all the fans for that, Kobayashi was, today I think only Button could pull that off (not that he needs to).

2 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

Problem is you need to be a generally nice person liked by all the fans for that, Kobayashi was, today I think only Button could pull that off (not that he needs to).

Are you saying if Rosberg tried that, it wouldn't work?  :shifty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philcruicks said:

1 hour ago, John. said:

Are you saying if Rosberg tried that, it wouldn't work?  :shifty:

I just thought of another flaw. Say Pastor Maldonado tries it, I bet 4chan users would fund him just to troll the other drivers.