• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MightyJordan    7,036

Skiver    1,941

With regards to the Ross Brawn stuff....

Ross Brawn denies Formula 1 job speculation

Ross Brawn says he has not accepted any position running Formula 1 under the sport's new owners.

The 61-year-old former Mercedes F1 boss told BBC Sport he was doing some consultancy work for Liberty Media, which is in the process of buying a controlling stake in F1.

But he said the company was not ready to make any definitive job offers.

"Liberty have not got far enough down the road to make any commitments yet," said the Englishman.

"I'm doing a little consulting to help them better understand F1 but that's all."

Brawn was said by a report in Germany's Auto Bild to have signed a deal with Liberty to run their involvement in the sporting and commercial aspects of F1.

MightyJordan    7,036

philcruicks    259

Ah that's good news, I feel like he just needs another season to find his footing a bit.

Also Magnussen is off to Hass to join Grosjean.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37920386

MightyJordan    7,036

And Ocon is going to Force India.

MightyJordan    7,036

Ferrari have requested the stewards of the Mexican Grand Prix review Sebastian Vettel’s penalty for his incident with Daniel Ricciardo.

The team allege “a number of new elements have come to light” following the decision which give grounds for it to be reviewed. Vettel was found to have broken article 27.5 of the sporting regulations.

Vettel was given a ten-second penalty for changing his line in the braking zone approaching turn four during the race. This dropped him from third place to fifth in the final classification.

As his penalty was handed down under article 38.3 (b) of the sporting regulations the penalty cannot be overturned*. The race classification therefore will not be changed, as Ferrari have acknowledged.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting explained Vettel was penalised following clarifications to the rules brought about in response to incidents involving Max Verstappen earlier this year. However Vettel denied he had caused a potentially dangerous incident due to his driving.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/11/10/ferrari-5/

+Frank B.    7,149

MightyJordan    7,036

MightyJordan    7,036

MightyJordan    7,036

MightyJordan    7,036

The FIA has rejected Ferrari’s petition against Sebastian Vettel’s penalty from the Mexican Grand Prix.

The stewards of the race rejected Ferrari’s claim to have obtained new evidence regarding the incident between Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo which led to Vettel receiving a ten-second time penalty.

Ferrari also argued their case by relating it to Vettel’s incident with Max Verstappen a few laps earlier. Verstappen was later judged to have broken the rules by leaving the track when defending his position from Vettel and was given a five-second penalty after the race.

However Ferrari’s argument that race director Charlie Whiting was required to tell Verstappen to let Vettel through on the track was also rejected by the stewards. They pointed out that although Whiting has the power to do so he is not required to.

In a series of fraught exchanges at the end of the race Ferrari informed Vettel on multiple occasions that Verstappen had been told to let him by. However the messages involving Verstappen which were broadcast included a discussion over whether to let Vettel by ended with the recommendation that the Red Bull driver should “stay there”.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/11/11/ferrari-petition-vettel-penalty-rejected-fia/

MightyJordan    7,036

Red flag at the moment on lap 21; horrendous conditions.

MightyJordan    7,036

• Like 1

MightyJordan    7,036

MightyJordan    7,036

• Like 1

+Frank B.    7,149

Driver of the race: Max Verstappen. His racecraft in the rain is incredible.

Reject of the race: Charlie Whiting. Was the second red flag really necessary? 

• Like 1

philcruicks    259

Brazil never fails to disappoint.

Such a shame Massa crashed out, but what a lovely touch with all the pit crews out clapping.

That drive from Verstappen reminded me of Buttons Canada 11 win, such epic skills.

Must say that's when the C4 highlights come in handy rather than live, no red flag stops, haha they're like 1 min just to link the stop and start together.

MightyJordan    7,036

MightyJordan    7,036

MightyJordan    7,036

I'm calling it now: Mark Webber drafts Button in to Porsche and they go on to win Le Mans (and probably the WEC) next year. It's the least he deserves post-F1.

• Like 1

Skiver    1,941
3 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

I'm calling it now: Mark Webber drafts Button in to Porsche and they go on to win Le Mans (and probably the WEC) next year. It's the least he deserves post-F1.

I think Webber has already announced his retirement from Porsche

MightyJordan    7,036
41 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I think Webber has already announced his retirement from Porsche

######, you're right; he announced his retirement from racing last month. I completely missed that. :pinch: Maybe Button will take his place in the team, then.

Skiver    1,941
25 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

######, you're right; he announced his retirement from racing last month. I completely missed that. :pinch: Maybe Button will take his place in the team, then.

I vaguely recall some sort of Twitter exchange between Webber and Button earlier in the year in which he was basically trying to recruit him into WEC but I could be making that up. I don't follow motorsport too closely outside of F1 so many pinches of salt should be taken.

+John.    1,386
18 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I vaguely recall some sort of Twitter exchange between Webber and Button earlier in the year in which he was basically trying to recruit him into WEC but I could be making that up. I don't follow motorsport too closely outside of F1 so many pinches of salt should be taken.

;)

• Like 1

Nelsinho    3
On 13/11/2016 at 7:28 PM, MightyJordan said:

well I think this dude make your job :yes: