Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2016 Drivers Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Räikkönen
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Felipe Massa
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Sergio Pérez
    • Nico Hülkenberg
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Jolyon Palmer
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    • Felipe Nasr
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Pascal Wehrlein
    • Rio Haryanto
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Esteban Gutiérrez
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 Constructors Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Red Bull Racing
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Renault F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • McLaren Honda
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Haas F1 Team

Man  of the race for me has to be Fernando Alonso. His drive to fifth in the McLaren was impressive. Similarly, his team mate driving from 19th to 9th is also nothing to scoff at.

Rejects of the race: The Ferrari mechanics who botched up KR's pit stop, leading to his retirement.

3 hours ago, Frank B. said:

Man  of the race for me has to be Fernando Alonso. His drive to fifth in the McLaren was impressive. Similarly, his team mate driving from 19th to 9th is also nothing to scoff at.

Rejects of the race: The Ferrari mechanics who botched up KR's pit stop, leading to his retirement.

That or Max coming in for a pit stop with no warning.

Pit calls are normally very clear, "BOX BOX BOX, Pit confirm and Box" kinda thing, I don't really believe Max saying "I thought you called me in".

Even if he did, surely he would have then hit pit confirm, signalling the garage he was on he way, in which case their fault and should have been ready.

Though I suppose since he had the gearbox failure Ferrari's had a more significant impact on the results and so they still win the reject award.

1 minute ago, philcruicks said:

That or Max coming in for a pit stop with no warning.

Pit calls are normally very clear, "BOX BOX BOX, Pit confirm and Box" kinda thing, I don't really believe Max saying "I thought you called me in".

Even if he did, surely he would have then hit pit confirm, signalling the garage he was on he way, in which case their fault and should have been ready.

Though I suppose since he had the gearbox failure Ferrari's had a more significant impact on the results and so they still win the reject award.

Men of the race have to the the Red Bull pit crew for still being able to push the car through with 0 warning

Ah Max has said:

“They told me to push hard the lap before so I thought that was an indication to box,” he told reporters after the race. “So I drove into the pit lane and suddenly realised they didn't box me. That was definitely my fault and not very clever, but it didn't make any difference. 
Read more at http://www.crash.net/f1/news/234698/1/verstappen-explains-phantom-stop-and-awkward-retirement.html#Uh4bmDatGDLk6dik.99

Two last races stewards were at historical low. Doing everything they want.  Double standards all around. When Perez moved in front of Kvyat, it was Kvyat's fault, when Vettel moves in front of Ricciardo trying to get around Verstappen who was clearly outbreaking him, it's Vettel's fault. When Grosjean pushesh Kvyat out of track, it's Kvyat's fault again. When Rosberg pushes Hamilton out of track in same situation, it's Rosberg's fault.

F1 needs some more open sporting regulation. Current system was faulty out of beginning.

So that makes Verstappen the youngest driver to come 3rd, 4th, and 5th in the same race :laugh:

The regulation system is atrocious. 

• Like 2

Well that was one of the strangest race finishes I've seen in a while, half expected to see Vettel park up behind Verstappen under the podium.

Still all in all I'm quite glad Ricciardo ended 3rd, Vettel didn't deserve it after the radio comments, and not sure Max did either, was the penalty too harsh, probably...but he did go way off track, and Vettel was much close than the 1st lap run off with Ham and Ros.  So I can kinda see why there was a difference in action there, plus 1st lap incidents are generally never penalised as harshly because 1st lap is always a bit mad.

15 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Big news if Auto Bild is to be believed: Ross Brawn has signed a contract with Liberty Media to take over as Bernie Ecclestone's successor. http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-news-brawn-neuer-f1-boss-10970997.html (German)

37400262.jpg

tumblr_ln9g4rWf1k1qztit6.gif

• Like 1