What are you listening to? (2016 edition)

On 11/11/2016 at 7:40 AM, MightyJordan said:

Klayton is very talented.

If you didn't know, also check out his project Celldweller and other artists on his FiXT label.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

If you didn't know, also check out his project Celldweller and other artists on his FiXT label.

Celldweller is awesome.  

And now for what I am currently listening to:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I know all about Celldweller (and Klayton's other projects); the self-titled album was the very first album I ever bought, way back in 2004. ;)

Blue Stahli's one of my favourites, too.

Just now, MightyJordan said:

I know all about Celldweller (and Klayton's other projects); the self-titled album was the very first album I ever bought, way back in 2004. ;)

Blue Stahli's one of my favourites, too.

Not a fan of Blue Stahli myself. How far back have you followed Klayton? I've been listening to him since before he changed his name (originally Scott Albert, then Klay Scott, then Klayton). He had a band called Circle of Dust as well which is slated to release a full album this year after being defunct for 18 years. I like the stuff he does under Circle of Dust more than the others. While it was once labeled Christian Industrial, it never really was, and definitely isn't now with explicit songs LOL.

I'd also recommend the band Klank.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

Not a fan of Blue Stahli myself. How far back have you followed Klayton? I've been listening to him since before he changed his name (originally Scott Albert, then Klay Scott, then Klayton). He had a band called Circle of Dust as well which is slated to release a full album this year after being defunct for 18 years. I like the stuff he does under Circle of Dust more than the others. While it was once labeled Christian Industrial, it never really was, and definitely isn't now with explicit songs LOL.

I'd also recommend the band Klank.

I found out about him through Flash Flash Revolution in 2003; I played "Stay with Me (Unlikely)" on there, loved the song, looked him up and eventually bought the album. He's been one of my favourite artists ever since. I did go through all his other projects, too - Circle of Dust, Klank, Argyle Park/AP2, Chatterbox, Level/lvl (his brother's music), Angeldust, etc. - but none of that really grew on me, except for the Angeldust stuff he did with Criss Angel.

And yeah, along with his latest project, Scandroid, he's been busy resurrecting Circle of Dust, remastering all the old albums, and as you said, creating a brand new album which is coming out next month.

I might give Circle of Dust another chance; I'm liking the new stuff a lot more than the old stuff. The only old song I can remember at all and liked was "Telltale Crime".

Telltale Crime is an amazing song!

I do like the stuff he did with Criss Angel and Angeldust, but I cannot find it streaming anywhere other than Youtube videos.

This would be my fav (song, not video).

28 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I do like the stuff he did with Criss Angel and Angeldust, but I cannot find it streaming anywhere other than Youtube videos.

This would be my fav (song, not video).

"Fear" was my favourite.

With "Enrapture" a close 2nd, probably because it's mostly just a reworked "Fear". :p