Huel? Anyone tried this alternative to food?

33 minutes ago, John. said:

Look what's arrived! 

IMG_0044.JPG

Did you get that next day?

I ordered mine yesterday so now I'm hoping might turn up today.

First impressions: Lovely!

Tastes oaty with a nice vanilla flavouring. A bit like a Kinder Bueno if anyone in the UK knows what that's like :)

6 hours ago, John. said:

Look what's arrived! 

IMG_0044.JPG

Nice one! :) Let us know how you get along with it.

4 hours ago, John. said:

First impressions: Lovely!

Tastes oaty with a nice vanilla flavouring. A bit like a Kinder Bueno if anyone in the UK knows what that's like :)

Had a little bit tonight as a taster - yep I was surprised by how nice it was, I thought it was a bit like porridge with a small hint of vanilla.

I'll try and give this a go for the rest of the week as a lunch replacement and see how I get on.

Hey there. 

Sorry for dropping in, but I work for Huel and noticed this thread a while back because I'm something of a weird guy, so just thought I'd pop in and say if anyone has any questions about Huel I'll be happy to answer.

Kind Regards,

Gulliver

• Like 3

Just now, GulliverHuel said:

Hey there. 

Sorry for dropping in, but I work for Huel and noticed this thread a while back because I'm something of a weird guy, so just thought I'd pop in and say if anyone has any questions about Huel I'll be happy to answer.

Kind Regards,

Gulliver

Yeah, what group discounts can you get members of Neowin for consistently promoting your product? :laugh:

Just kidding, thanks for joining and I'll be sure to ask if I have any questions or issues!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GulliverHuel said:

Hey there. 

Kind Regards,

Gulliver

Hey Gulliver! Thanks for popping by, and answering my endless feedback over on the Huel forums. :p

• Like 1

OK so my order got cancelled because they were out of stock. Which one of you lot took the last pouch :pinch:

1 hour ago, John. said:

OK so my order got cancelled because they were out of stock. Which one of you lot took the last pouch :pinch:

When did you order?

I ordered a 28 meal pack earlier today and I've had the email to say it's on the way.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

When did you order?

I ordered a 28 meal pack earlier today and I've had the email to say it's on the way.

Same, I have just ordered a 56 meal pack and got my delivery confirmation.

5 hours ago, John. said:

You can also order from them on Amazon, which has different stock :)

On 5/17/2016 at 9:24 PM, Simon said:

I don't own a blender, and didn't want to buy one for a cheap experiment, so I went the manual route: a glass and a spoon. Hint: don't go the manual route. 

My first impression was that it tasted like pancake mix, which wasn't pleasant. But the more I drank, the better it got. By the end of it, I wasn't completely disgusted, but it definitely wasn't competing to be the best meal I've ever had. Not appetizing per se, but also not puke worthy.

+100500

rofl

p.s. i avoid all processed foods. 

p.s. 2. "contains gluten" = a big no-no.

1 hour ago, Mirumir said:

+100500

rofl

p.s. i avoid all processed foods. 

p.s. 2. "contains gluten" = a big no-no.

There's a gluten-free one.

5 hours ago, Skiver said:

When did you order?

I tried ordering the bundle for a friend at work, which is probably why. 

2 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

@Jack W how do you like Huel?

It takes a bit of getting used too. I can't stand it when it is vanilla or plain, I have to put a flavouring in, but apart from that, it is good. It keeps me full until the end of the work day. :)

I think it's going to take a bit of will power to keep this going for a week or so until I get used to it. My head just can't get around not eating something, I kinda miss chewing :p

I don't mind the vanilla flavour at all, I ordered Chocolate and Mocha Flavourings with my order but stupidly only ordered two bags of the Vanilla instead of half and half so that should be an interesting combination.

59 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

What I do with milkshakes is spice em up with honey, maybe that helps with the flavour? 

I spice my morning shake up with Captain Morgan's, but then some people say I have a problem

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John. said:

I spice my morning shake up with Captain Morgan's, but then some people say I have a problem

Ah, good choice.

I think people who say you have a problem, feel like you are not sharing ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John. said:

Remind me of a character from a book who had a very unhealthy relationship with Captain Morgan :D