Quick poll on the UK's decision to leave the EU

Remain 48% Leave 52%  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the decision for the UK to leave the European Union?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Jub Fequois said:

OK, let me rephrase. I no longer feel welcome.

During discussions with many people I've encountered in day to day life, from contractors to colleagues, and nearly every time there's only one issue they can talk about: they don't want EU immigrants in the UK. I'm from Sweden, and as such an EU immigrant. Oh, except "I'm not one of those immigrants."

Has it went from the crazies not wanting muslims to all of EU now? 

2 minutes ago, Jub Fequois said:

OK, let me rephrase. I no longer feel welcome.

During discussions with many people I've encountered in day to day life, from contractors to colleagues, and nearly every time there's only one issue they can talk about: they don't want EU immigrants in the UK. I'm from Sweden, and as such an EU immigrant. Oh, except "I'm not one of those immigrants."

see, this is what i was most worried about, eu immigration is not an issue, never has been to open minded UK citizens. 

Its a known fact thats been stuck under a carpet, the immigration issues we see are from OUTSIDE the EU, just as it was before the creation of the EU.

you are welcome in the UK Jub apologies on the ignorant and nothing short of racist ideals from morons like Farage and a lot of the population over here.

thats the biggest thing about this that winds me up, the lazy ignorant uk citizens with the stupid mindset of "immigrants" coming over here and taking all our jobs, taking less wages etc etc etc 

hold on a second the majority of the UK workforce are lazy, wont lower themselves to do some jobs, yet my experience EU workforces are the opposite and and willing to do a lot of roles the UK populace refuse to as the low wages cant beat their social security benefits.

for example, in our factory we have a Sots workforce and Polish (50-50), you can tell the jocks from the others easily, they are the ones standing at anothers workstation gassing...the others they stand at THEIR workstation working while gassing amongst themselves. 

that says a lot negatively about my nation, and nothing but positive with incoming workforces.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jub Fequois said:

I woke up to the terrible news this morning and haven't quite recovered yet. Only last year did I sign a mortgage and now I'm no longer welcome.

Buddy, sell up and move North of the border, youll always be welcomed up here :) (we also have free water, free prescription charges and a better performing Scottish NHS.) you will also get a lot more property for the money you get down there.

oh and you can see stars at night and everything is very GREEN, youd feel right at home here Jub :p

Edited by Mando

Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing

The 48% of voters who wished to Remain in the European Union are so mortified by the Leave result that a parliamentary petitioncalling for a second referendum has been set up.

‘We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum,’ the petition, filed this morning, reads.

At the time of writing, the petition is difficult to access, presumably due to a surge of traffic. The count is at 55,000 right now and climbing at roughly a thousand signatures a minute.

All petitions to the site that receive over 100,000 signatures must be considered for debate in Parliament by law, as was the case with the cannabis legalisation one.

Update 9:04am: petition.parliament.uk completely inaccessible.

Update 11:54am: The 100,000 threshhold is passed, with 101,526 signees.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

gawd more boris n farage spouting utter nonsense......he cracked me up this morning with his legendary quote.

Without sounding bitter:) 2 years ago when this sorta thing was mentioned for Scotland, it was met with shut up youve made your choice deal with it......the difference here is?

Today should be remembered in our history books as our independance day........sorry Farage you WHAT??

More likely itll go down in the history books as the beginning of the seperation of the nation once known as "United Kingdom"  

Now split into 3 independent nations. Scotland, Eire and England/Wales.

the next 24months are going to be VERY interesting to the nation that used to be known as the United Kingdom.

• Like 1

^ Doesn't surprise me, there's a lot of videoes/articles floating around about how folk not regret their decision! Believe it or not something you should have thought about. D'oh

Haha, the government has to say no to a second referendum, lets say the stays win next time... it just means another petition will come from the leaves. :p its a dangerous cycle of alienating half the country when they do eventually say no.

1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

^ Doesn't surprise me, there's a lot of videoes/articles floating around about how folk not regret their decision! Believe it or not something you should have thought about. D'oh

Yup. 

seen a few morons posting on "moronbook" that they wished they had voted to leave the UK 2 years ago now....errr what?? 

• Like 1

Just now, Louisifer said:

Haha, the government has to say no to a second referendum, lets say the stays win next time... it just means another petition will come from the leaves. :p its a dangerous cycle of alienating half the country when they do eventually say no.

Best out of three?

1 minute ago, Louisifer said:

tbh mate theyeve allready managed that this time round ;) we aint a United Kingdom anymore.

5 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

Best out of 7? :p 

wait wait reroll i wasnt ready, i was trying to tie my own shoelaces.....(boris) Nigel wasnt ready either, he was writing "My struggle" :p

True but re-doing referendums till its a win for the Stays means the whole referendum is redundant. :p 

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum,’ the petition, filed this morning, reads.

Even if such a rule is implemented, it will be impossible to apply it retroactively.

could the crown say "no this referendum shall not pass" ?

To be honest I am still not certain if the actual referendum is binding. Can't the parliament simply block or stall ?

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

dont think so mate, its a political referendum and the royal family have no say in political decisions iirc. I suspect thats also why nothing official was released by the royal Household.

Just now, Louisifer said:

I have no idea, I think Parliament took all her powers away years ago. She's a tourist trap these days.

taxpayers burden more like :p but thats another topic :p

1 hour ago, Mando said:

as a UK citizen i think the decision to leave is a foolhardy one. 

as a Scot im kind of glad England have voted to leave, it now means due to previous promise by Cameron that if Scotland voted to leave the UK we would lose EU membership, ffwd 24months later and look the opposite has transpired. 

This will then open the debate of another independence referendum for Scotland. every single constituency in Scotland voted to remain in the EU. There is allready announcements that Sinn Fein wish an indy ref for N ireland to seperate from Britain (& join eire in the EU), if that happened and Scotland left, it would leave England and Wales as a minor nation.

we are no longer "Great Britain" or "united Kingdom" we should now just be called Britain.

Im sure our fishing industry & farming are reeling about th eloss os massive subsidies form the EU.

Britain was neither great nor united before today.

57 minutes ago, KingCracker said:

When are you guys just gonna leave it and be your own country without having to depend on london and england. 

ASAP hopefully!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Britain was neither great nor united before today.

ASAP hopefully!

oh we were great at the globes drug dealers and slave traders..............

5 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Just saw this on Twitter

Think that's the kicker...people in the 20s and 30s will be the ones that live through this the majority of their lives.

So, more "young" people should have got off their asses and voted. 46,000,000 were eligible to vote, approx 33,000,000 did, and the vote was only split by less than 1,500,000.  

If you're care about something, you'll do something. It really is as simple as that. 

I'm sick of "younger "people blaming the older generation for <quote> "######## up my future." We never fckued it up, they did, by not voting!!!

It's democracy. That's how democracy works. You may not like the result, but you accept it, and move on for the good of the Country.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

15 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

To be honest I am still not certain if the actual referendum is binding. Can't the parliament simply block or stall ?

They could yes (well, the government could have) but said they wouldn't and quite right too. I'm a stay in the EU voter and i honestly believe this has ######ed us BUT it was a democratic vote in which 'leave' won and that should be respected.

On another note, due to the large majority of 'In' voters being either Scottish or Londoners.... Clt133bWgAAt6Bq.jpg 

#scotlond is trending on Twitter, Looooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

They could yes (well, the government could have) but said they wouldn't and quite right too. I'm a stay in the EU voter and i honestly believe this has ######ed us BUT it was a democratic vote in which 'leave' won and that should be respected.

On another note, due to the large majority of 'In' voters being either Scottish or Londoners.... Clt133bWgAAt6Bq.jpg 

Looooooooooooooooooooooooool

heres hoping if and when SNP get their second indy ref, people realise this time round. at least it should be more clear cut, join EU or stay in UK.

if that doesnt transpire, i suspect its time to leave the UK.

Im seriously considering it tbh, I work for an American multinational corp in IT so getting a transfer out of the UK to mainland europe should be fairly straightforward. most of my work is EMEA anyways.