103 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Evan McMullin
    • I'm not sure yet
    • I'm not voting
    • I live in the US but am not allowed to vote.
    • I don't live in the us
  2. 2. I'm not in the US, but IF I could vote in the US election I would vote for ..

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Evan McMullin
    • I'm Not sure yet
    • I would not vote
    • I live in the US

At this point, I'm voting for the party that benefits me the most.

Both candidates are terrible terrible people, so I'm beyond worrying about either of them.

I'm just going to go ahead and get on top of this: keep this thread civil or it will be shut down. If you feel your post is going to be taken the wrong way, please just walk away from the thread.

Clinton. I don't personally care for her and would've rather had Sanders, but for me I only really care about one issue: the Medicaid expansion. Trump has made it clear he would get rid of the PPACA/ObamaCare -- and that includes rolling back the Medicaid expansion. Clinton has made it clear she would block attempts to repeal ObamaCare. Therefore, I will be voting for her. 

So if Trump becomes president, I go back to being uninsured on inauguration day as he repeals ObamaCare -- it's the very first thing Republicans want to do if Trump becomes president.  It's really that simple for me. 

humm vote for the Republican in disguise, or the loud mouth reality star....... tough choice

15 minutes ago, DeusProto said:

Clinton. I don't personally care for her and would've rather had Sanders, but for me I only really care about one issue: the Medicaid expansion. Trump has made it clear he would get rid of the PPACA/ObamaCare -- and that includes rolling back the Medicaid expansion. Clinton has made it clear she would block attempts to repeal ObamaCare. Therefore, I will be voting for her. 

So if Trump becomes president, I go back to being uninsured on inauguration day as he repeals ObamaCare -- it's the very first thing Republicans want to do if Trump becomes president.  It's really that simple for me. 

it's not that simple that he takes office and it's repealed..... it would take more then an executive order to repeal it at this point, also dont think clinton wont make it change because she said that on a stump speech.... shes been for "Hilary care" for a while and it is drastically different in opinion then the ACA as it stands now, expect her to make some major changes to it which wont be for the better of the people that make use of the ACA

26 minutes ago, Dutchie64 said:

non-US people seem to have quite a different view on all this ;-)

That's because us Americans know nothing about the outside world or our own country.

On 10/20/2016 at 6:30 AM, shockz said:

I'm picking the lesser of two evils.

Oh I'd just love to read the logic on how you came up with that.

2 minutes ago, Open Minded said:

Oh I'd just love to read the logic on how you came up with that.

yeah me too, my logic boiled down to I cant vote for either..... president will be getting a null vote from me......

17 minutes ago, DeusProto said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you couldn't afford healthcare before, then you probably shouldn't have put a bunch of money in your PC and who knows what other material luxuries.  Surely you must be a bit worried about the steep cost increases that are coming your way under Obamacare.

Not directing this anybody, but I see too many people that complain about not having money, but yet they have a new iPhone, a new car, designer clothes, etc etc.  Too many people have no financial responsibility, but yet they expect the government to feed them the lifestyle they believe they are entitled too...

2 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you couldn't afford healthcare before, then you probably shouldn't have put a bunch of money in your PC and who knows what other material luxuries.  Surely you must be a bit worried about the steep cost increases that are coming your way under Obamacare.

Not directing this anybody, but I see too many people that complain about not having money, but yet they have a new iPhone, a new car, designer clothes, etc etc.  Too many people have no financial responsibility, but yet they expect the government to feed them the lifestyle they believe they are entitled too...

As someone who watches a lot of Dave Ramsey youtube videos (practically everyone he releases) I think more people need a budget. :)

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

As someone who watches a lot of Dave Ramsey youtube videos (practically everyone he releases) I think more people need a budget. :)

I think more people need to have a savings account, but no one ever seems to listen to that advice either..........

1 minute ago, neufuse said:

I think more people need to have a savings account, but no one ever seems to listen to that advice either..........

Correct, and a budget puts you on the right path to save money and not spend it all.

8 minutes ago, neufuse said:

yeah me too, my logic boiled down to I cant vote for either..... president will be getting a null vote from me......

I respect that.  Almost agree with you but there's no way I'm just going to stand by and do nothing and watch another Clinton get into White House.  MAGA 2016.

th.jpg

Unfortunately, since Cobra Commander isn't running, I have to settle for Trump.  I can't sit by and not try to prevent Hillary from getting into office.

I can't understand people that won't vote because they don't like either candidate (even voting for 3rd party ones). Like it or not one of these two idiots will become president. When things don't go your way in the near future, remember you didn't vote, therefore you shouldn't complain then.  

I'm voting for Hilary for only one reason. Personality. I was taught to be kind and respect people. That to me alone is more important than anything else. Trump may have some good ideas but they are buried behind all the hate and temper tantrums. He hasn't shown in any way that he is capable to have a reasonable conversation without getting frustrated. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the presidency but that's my opinion anyway. 

• Like 2

Let me make this easy,

There is at least 1 supreme court nomination up for grabs with this election and probably more.

Do you want conservative supreme court justices (to repeal Abortion and Gay Marriage initially  etc)? Then vote for trump.

Otherwise vote Clinton.

Its the future of the supreme court that's at stake and the consequences will be felt for decades.

That is by any definition the most important thing about the election.

• Like 3

No matter how much you may not like Hillary how can you vote for Trump?  Hillary's transgressions lie in the past while Trump by his own statements the past 16 months show that his are still with him.  Trump and his surrogates lie blatantly.  Fact check it.  Even the increase in Obamacare premiums is not what they seem.  Congress when they passed the bill knew that premiums would increase.  Let's not forget most folks will get government subsidies which can reduce premiums to 100 bucks a month.  Trump and his henchmen conveniently fail to mention this.  Just like his boasting of all the Federal organizations that endorse him.  First of all it is illegal for any Federal entity to endorse any candidate.  An example is that all the border patrol officers endorse trump. WRONG!  It's just one union that endorsed him which represents only 25% of Border Patrol people.

Trump is a slime ball.  He stiffed the father of a friend of mine who supplied flooring materials and tile for one of his many bankrupt hotels in Atlantic City to the tune of 3.5 million dollars.  Trumps' answer when my friends father tried to collect was 'Sue me'.  Needless to say he couldn't sue due to the expense involved.  So he wound up getting pennies on the dollar and had to declare bankruptcy and get a second mortgage on his house.  Thankfully he managed to weather the storm and the business is now thriving.

I'm surprised that Trump hired Kellyanne Conway as his campaign manager.  I would rate her a 3 on the best of days. /s   What a sycophant like all Trump's surrogates.

19 minutes ago, 0sit0 said:

I'm voting for Hilary for only one reason. Personality. 

Hmm.. 

While watching Hillary give a speech, I will agree she had a better personality than trump. But I sure as hell won't vote for her JUST because of that.  I can't disagree wither and then turn around and vote for her because she has a good personality. 

On the other hand, there are some things about Trump's personality that I actually like. I like the fact about how honest he is and how he doesn't have much of a filter.

• Like 2

I'm going with Gary Johnson because the two major party candidates are HORRIBLE. (Really America, this is the best you have to offer)

I don't agree with everything Gary Johnson stands for, but I've never agreed with everything any candidate I've voted for has stood for.

Go ahead Clinton fans tell me how I may as well be voting for Trump and Trump fans go ahead and tell me I might as well be voting for Clinton.

Here's the thing... if I voted for Clinton and she won and she does things that I HATE then I'll feel responsible because I voted for her.

If I vote for Trump and he wins and he does things I HATE then I'll feel responsible because I voted for him.

I have no doubt in my mind that whoever wins... they're going to do stupid stuff I hate.

If I vote for Gary Johnson he's not going to win and so he won't get a chance to do things that I hate.  The same thing would work if I just didn't vote at all but I want my vote counted and I want both major parties to see that number of 3rd party votes people like me cast and know that even though we knew we weren't going to win the choices the major parties gave us were so HORRIBLE we'd rather just "throw away our vote" then pick them.  Plus it's those of us who don't vote and who vote 3rd party that the parties try to attract... they don't have to try to attract people who are going to always vote (D) or (R) because they see those as the only two options and the other option is worse in their mind than the one they always vote for no matter how bad that one might be.

I regret voting for George W. Bush the first time.  I don't regret voting for Badnarik the second time.  This will be my second Libertarian Presidential vote since I started voting in 1992.  I really wish Jim Webb had run... I thought he was a great Senator and would have made a much better President then either of the major party candidates we have now... oh well.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Hmm.. 

While watching Hillary give a speech, I will agree she had a better personality than trump. But I sure as hell won't vote for her JUST because of that.  I can't disagree wither and then turn around and vote for her because she has a good personality. 

On the other hand, there are some things about Trump's personality that I actually like. I like the fact about how honest he is and how he doesn't have much of a filter.

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, DConnell said:

Exactly.

At least with Trump you know what you are getting. 

I think that should be Trumps new campaign slogan.

30495940841_b93308a164_c.jpg