103 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Evan McMullin
    • I'm not sure yet
    • I'm not voting
    • I live in the US but am not allowed to vote.
    • I don't live in the us
  2. 2. I'm not in the US, but IF I could vote in the US election I would vote for ..

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Evan McMullin
    • I'm Not sure yet
    • I would not vote
    • I live in the US

Simply put, there's no way in hell I'm voting for that criminal Hillary and 4-8 more years of the same horrid economicv stagnation we've had

3 hours ago, Open Minded said:

That's because us Americans know nothing about the outside world or our own country.

Oh I'd just love to read the logic on how you came up with that.

Nothing like that, non US people are buying CNNs crap with a dose of left lean and of course they would pick a criminal like Hillary 

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

Hmm.. 

While watching Hillary give a speech, I will agree she had a better personality than trump. But I sure as hell won't vote for her JUST because of that.  I can't disagree wither and then turn around and vote for her because she has a good personality. 

On the other hand, there are some things about Trump's personality that I actually like. I like the fact about how honest he is and how he doesn't have much of a filter.

That's not what I meant. I'm not voting for Hilary because she has better personality, I'm voting for her because of Trump's personality. When you say you like his personality and then say he's honest I just can't continue (I'm not saying Hilary is either), I just can't say Trump is honest :).

6 minutes ago, 0sit0 said:

I just can't say Trump is honest :).

I'll give you that. He's not 100% honest.

But when both candidates open their mouth this is what I feel that i'm hearing

Trump : Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Lie, Truth, Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth

Hillery: Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Truth,Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, 

• Like 1

I'm surprised there are any votes at all for Trump on a forum where people supposedly care about technology. I suggest taking a look at 

https://shift.newco.co/an-open-letter-from-technology-sector-leaders-on-donald-trumps-candidacy-for-president-5bf734c159e4#.ia8gsvjx0

where pretty much the entire Silicon Valley expressed fear at the prospect of a Trump victory.

We have listened to Donald Trump over the past year and we have concluded: Trump would be a disaster for innovation. His vision stands against the open exchange of ideas, free movement of people, and productive engagement with the outside world that is critical to our economy — and that provide the foundation for innovation and growth.

See also:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-tech-policies-2016-7/

10 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Trump : Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Lie, Truth, Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth

Hillery: Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Truth,Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, 

Wait, Hillary actually let a truth slip out? Must have been an accident.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Something we can both agree with. Considering Trump was a democrat once and pretty much defended everything he is against now, I would say they are about the same in terms of how many lies :)

25 minutes ago, warwagon said:

But that's just not the case its the reverse, Look at the fact checks from the previous presidential debates. Any fact checker.

Hell look at the last year.

I just don't understand you Trump supporters.  What more do you need to figure out he is totally unqualified.  You believe all his lies as the truth.  Warwagon.... do you know that it was fact checked that Trump has lied 75% of the time, whereas Hilary lied 25% of the time.  What other lie did you buy into?  And those going for Johnson or Stein you are throwing your vote away.  At least your vote isn't going to Trump.

For seemingly intelligent people I am disappointed that you would have this mad man become Commander in Chief.  I can just see him taking Air Force One to go to one of his golf courses or Hotels.

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT at least she isn't Trump.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

Warwagon.... do you know that it was fact checked that Trump has lied 75% of the time, whereas Hilary lied 25% of the time. 

I've already voted.

Political affiliation aside I'm still surprised by the amount of people focusing on things that simply don't matter when compared to the supreme court.

How can you not think the supreme court is the most important issue ? Its the direction of the country for a quarter of a century!

Compared to this trumps tape and clintons leaks are nothing and a vote for a third party is abstaining from the most important political process in the country.

Screw their personality.

17 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

I just don't understand you Trump supporters.  What more do you need to figure out he is totally unqualified.  You believe all his lies as the truth.  Warwagon.... do you know that it was fact checked that Trump has lied 75% of the time, whereas Hilary lied 25% of the time.  What other lie did you buy into?  And those going for Johnson or Stein you are throwing your vote away.  At least your vote isn't going to Trump.

For seemingly intelligent people I am disappointed that you would have this mad man become Commander in Chief.  I can just see him taking Air Force One to go to one of his golf courses or Hotels.

Of course Trump is a liar, but only a fool would believe Hillary (or Obama for that matter) only lie 25% of the time.   They're inveterate liars.  They lie ALL THE TIME.  She lied throughout the Bengahzi hearing.  She lies about the corruption of the Clinton Foundation.  She sure as heck lied about everything concerning her lawlessness with the emails.  She should be in jail, but people like you prop her up.  She lied about Obamacare.  She lied about insighting violence at Trump rallies...  She lies all the time.

Democrats can't tell the truth because if they did, they would never get elected.

Neither one should be president, but I'll be voting for Trump since he doesn't support the slaugther of defenseless babies in the womb and he doesn't appear to be as corrupt.  I'm also sick and tired of covering taxes for 40% of the country that can't be bothered to better themselves.

TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT because Hillary Clinton, Obama and their staff should be in jail.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT at least she isn't Trump.

I think there are two type of Trump voters, the ones that hate Hilary with a passion and they have their reasons, and the ones that identify with him because they are just like him. They usually like to brag, scream and push their ideas with hate and no proof whatsoever. These people are usually close minded and for the most part don't have too much education.  What these people don't get is that just because you say it like it is doesn't make you fit to be president.

5 minutes ago, The Patriot said:

I'm also sick and tired of covering taxes for 40% of the country that can't be bothered to better themselves.

TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT because Hillary Clinton, Obama and their staff should be in jail.

Ha-la-rious considering he doesn't pay taxes himself :D

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

Fact checkers would like to have a word with you....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TPreston said:

Let me make this easy,

There is at least 1 supreme court nomination up for grabs with this election and probably more.

Do you want conservative supreme court justices (to repeal Abortion and Gay Marriage initially  etc)? Then vote for trump.

Otherwise vote Clinton.

Its the future of the supreme court that's at stake and the consequences will be felt for decades.

That is by any definition the most important thing about the election.

wasn't scallia a conservative? honestly if it was going to happen it probably would of already happened... we will at first either be replacing a middle to slight conservative court with a more center left one or keeping it close to the same.... at first.... but if more retire then yeah that would sway it far one way or another... if trump gets elected I don't see them retiring off and waiting or dieing in court...

2 hours ago, The Patriot said:

Of course Trump is a liar, but only a fool would believe Hillary (or Obama for that matter) only lie 25% of the time.   They're inveterate liars.  They lie ALL THE TIME.  She lied throughout the Bengahzi hearing.  She lies about the corruption of the Clinton Foundation.  She sure as heck lied about everything concerning her lawlessness with the emails.  She shunder d be in jail, but people like you prop her up.  She lied about Obamacare.  She lied about insighting violence at Trump rallies...  She lies all the time.

Democrats can't tell the truth because if they did, they would never get elected.

Neither one should be president, but I'll be voting for Trump since he doesn't support the slaugther of defenseless babies in the womb and he doesn't appear to be as corrupt.  I'm also sick and tired of covering taxes for 40% of the country that can't be bothered to better themselves.

what exactly did Obama do that he deserves jail time for? I can see Clinton with lieing under oath, hiding classified info, mishandling info etc... but I cant think of one thing Obama did outside the law?

39 minutes ago, shockz said:

Fact checkers would like to have a word with you....

here I'll be a general political fact checker for anyone in politics... Lies to get what they want to the public, tells the truth to their friends.... there ya go, works for all sides

1 minute ago, neufuse said:

here I'll be a general political fact checker for anyone in politics... Lies to get what they want to the public, tells the truth to their friends.... there ya go, works for all sides

Tell that to Trump Supporters. There's some in this very thread that think Donald can tell no lie.

1 minute ago, shockz said:

Tell that to Trump Supporters. There's some in this very thread that think Donald can tell no lie.

you don't get anywhere in business or politics without lieing, be it white lies (are we allowed to call it white lies anymore or is that somehow insensitive now too?) or horrible ones that's how I always saw it

8 minutes ago, neufuse said:

you don't get anywhere in business or politics without lieing, be it white lies or horrible ones that's how I always saw it

No ######. Yet the fact remains that time and time again Donald has the truth thrown in his face and still can't accept it. He's oblivious to anything outside his skewed perception of reality. He tells bold face lies time and time again, even after being corrected, to his face, and doesn't give a ######. That doesn't' bode well for any serious, unpopular issue he'll come across. He is going to be eaten alive. A puppet. Others will be pulling the strings.

Facts are facts. Every debate, statistically, Trump has far out numbered his statements in regards to dishonesty compared to Clinton.

Not to mention he's an absolute RINO. He has done a complete 180 on fundamental believes and core ideologies. 

Edited by shockz

4 minutes ago, shockz said:

No ######. Yet the fact remains that time and time again Donald has the truth thrown in his face and still can't accept it. He's obvious to anything outside his skewed perception of reality. He tells bold face lies time and time again, even after being corrected, to his face, and doesn't give a ######. That doesn't' bode well for any serious, unpopular issue he'll come across. He is going to be eaten alive. A puppet. Others will be pulling the strings.

Facts are facts. Every debate, statistically, Trump has far out numbered his statements in regards to dishonesty compared to Clinton.

Not to mention he's an absolute RINO. He has done a complete 180 on fundamental believes and core ideologies. 

When he first started running the first thing I thought was he's in it to get Clinton elected... that was before all those rumors about "bill calling him to run" started... this whole election is like a carnival road show..... but its scarry how it's still so close in polling even at that......

30 minutes ago, neufuse said:

When he first started running the first thing I thought was he's in it to get Clinton elected... that was before all those rumors about "bill calling him to run" started... this whole election is like a carnival road show..... but its scarry how it's still so close in polling even at that......

When it comes down to it... for me... the make or break between Trump and Clinton is as follows:

- He doesn't have the temperament. This is by far the biggest issue I have with him. The littlest thing causes him to have a meltdown. He can barely stomach a debate without having an episode... what happens when something real, a massive situation involving the the geopolitical landscape that requires sensitive negations, multicultural understanding and customs, it'll be an absolute ###### show. His disrespect of any opposition or inconsequential issue would be childs play to whats waiting for him in the Oval Office. 

- The Supreme Court. Time and time again now, Republicans are getting destroyed on progressive social issues. Which is a shame on everything else they represent, because I align myself more toward fiscal conservatism and defense. I don't want to have our judicial landscape set back 50 years because baby boomers are having temper tantrums about their ancient way of doing things to be the lay of the land for at least a decade or two.  Gay Marriage, Race issues, minorities, the public isn't split down the middle on these issues anymore... by far the majority favor these groups. Even the biggies like women rights and abortion... Trump nominating someone hard core conservative to bring these issues front and center and impose rulings is quite terrifying to me. A Scalia clone isn't what this country needs. The generational gap in polling clearly shows the only ones who have issues in a majority age group are >55 and older. Hate to say it but statistically you had your time. The rest of us want to be more inclusive and equal to the above subjects. Not only that, but at least 2 justices on the left have indicated they want to step down and retire. I have a feeling that they'll chose to stay until they die if Trump gets in. One has publicly stated this. 

- Emails. Honestly, while this was an issue, in the grand scheme of things, it's quite minor in my view. Yes, she made a mistake, and yes she was dishonest. But it was something her predecessors also have done and in fact she got the general template from Powell. As of yet I haven't heard of any classified information from these exchanges causing any problems, and if it did, actions would be taken to minimize the issue. Multiple, worse issues occurred under the Bush admin where top officials revealed classified information and literally endangered the lives of our operatives. Clintons e-mails, not so much. It's a blip on the radar compared to scandals go. It's all fluff to me. 

- Voters have also been so fickle. They flipped congress 2 years into Obama's regimen... and brought in a majority that was the polar opposite of what they voted in previously. It's no wonder nothing gets done there. It takes more than 2 years to get out of a mess like that. And since then we've been limping along, with nothing but gridlock out of them. The majority needs to pick a platform and ride it out. 2 years was not at all long enough to course correct. 

- Benghazi... you mean the same situation that happened at least 11 times the past 15 years and not a peep until it was a Democrat in charge. Next. Not to mention multiple investigations and panels, on both sides failed to provide any evidence to show a smoking gun, in fact the multiple partisan investigations clearly document a witch hunt. Next.

The choice is clear to me, we have Clinton, a seasoned political veteran with real world experience, involving all sorts of roles and atmospheres, with proven ideas that have been vetted by both sides and when weighed against Trumps who show the possibility of entering back into a recession, who also has no real experience with anything in DC, aside from scamming the city out of property taxes with his hotel there. He never answers a question directly in the debate, spins attacks incoherently at any opposing team. I honestly want to understand Donald Trumps reasoning but I can never get a real statement, unless it's been retracted days later, changed, flip flopped or completely evaded. It puts me off to anything he has to say. Until 2012, he was a vocal democrat, who actually had nothing but praise and good things to say about the Clinton family, and continually ripped the Republican base and platform. He is a democrat to the core, you don't do a 180 that far into life. He clearly has an agenda, money... brand... fame. People say he can't be bought out, but look at the facts. This man lied through his teeth on what he stands for, he can't even believe it. Insiders in his campaign have basically stated the same. It went to his head. He had no idea it'd get this far, it was meant to be a publicity stunt, and to his surprise people took the bait and he ran with it. He continues to ride the Republican wave into the alt right, when all it takes is a google search to show a video of his viewpoints vehemently disagreeing with what he says now. Wake up guys. 

As someone who was a to the left of center until this election cycle, to the point where I registered as a republican and voted wanted to vote for Jeb, but he dropped out before I got to my state, I was actually energized on a conservative stance, a real chance to chance the pace of DC, and it was completely destroyed by a loud mouth, xenophobic, racist RINO... who stole the show because some angry faction of a dying brand managed to steal the media spotlight, and more than likely irreparably damaged the Republican Party for decades, if not forever. While I'm not thrilled to be voting for Clinton, she's the best chance we've got to maintain a stable recovery from 2008, and we're getting there, and I feel with the right leadership on the Republican side we probably could of made some real progress.. but that certainly won't happen with Trump

So @Open Minded there's your answer. Instead of writing me off as some blind leftist robot, take a read and understand that I am an independent this election, and was all about leaning toward a conservative stance, but voting for Trump would be the most asinine thing I could vote in this election, aside from a third party. My vote goes against his entire platform, and is a stop gap to creating chaos the next 4 years. Hopefully in 2020 the Republican Party has their ###### together, because had they done it this time, I'd not even be considering Clinton as my choice for president. 

16 minutes ago, shockz said:

When it comes down to it... for me... the make or break between Trump and Clinton is as follows:

Personally, I liked Bill Clinton... I thought he did an OK job... just not too sure about Hilary though, I don't know. I do hate how we divide everything into two party lines... why can I not be fiscally conservative and be pro abortion when abortion is appropriate? Why do I have to be pro-LGBT or not? I never got it, still don't get it, that's why I am completely unaffiliated with any party. I like to think my way not the way someone tells me to think. I'll just be glad when this election is over...... Hilary is kind of a DINO, she leans more right in my opinion. I think if she gets elected she will push the ACA more into open market territory then it is now and not unify it under single payer, her buddies wouldn't let that happen anyways.

What I don't care about is this country electing Presidents from the same family. For example, the Bush family, the Clinton family (probably). I know it is perfectly legal but with well over 300 million people in the USA we select from the same family time and again. My opinion, one person elected president from the same family is enough.